• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The World Ends with You

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
24wymvo.png

What is The World Ends with You?
The World Ends with You (also known as It's a Wonderful World in some circles) is an action RPG developed by the folks who brought you Kingdom Hearts and Jupiter for the DS. Contrary to popular belief, TWEWY was not directed by Nomura which is probably why it wasn't such a piece of shit, which is surprising when you consider who developed it.

How about some more info?
In TWEWY, you take on the role of Neku Sakuraba (Sora's cooler but more emo twice-removed cousin) who is one day forced to play the Reapers' Game– a dangerous game held by the Reapers in an alternate plane of existence known as the Underground– for a week to judge the worth of humanity, all taking place in the Shibuya shopping district of Tokyo, Japan. The Game (which you just lost) has certain rules which prevent him from leaving the district, and if Neku or any of the players don't complete the Game, they will be erased from existence.

Other noteworthy characters are Shiki Misaki (fashionista/whore), Yoshiya Kiryu (also known as Joshua, a precocious lad who is cleverly homosexual for Neku but is otherwise and most obviously the baddest motherfucker in this game), and Beat (wigger); all of whom are players paired up with Neku throughout the Game.

jesus christ how do i control both charatcers in battel
As addressed in the question, the Stride Cross Battle System uses both screens of the DS. Neku gets the bottom half, while Neku's partner– whose attack direction can be controlled using the directional pad while remaining stationary– gets the top.

Neku's ability as a player in the Game allows him to use powerful abilities called "Psychs" based on pins he's acquired, and are activated in battle by use of specific actions on the touch screen (for information on how to do this, read each pin description). Each pin has specific spells and abilities that can be equipped to him for use in battle (holy shit this game requires you to plan out your attack setup).

Back to the question at hand: Fighting on two screens is a bit confusing, but over time you get used to it. Most people (more like anyone who is smart) just follow whoever has the puck (the green light), because passing the puck back and forth between each partner results in increasing damage bonuses done to enemies.

Why'd you remake this thread?
For more information, please read the following question.

Hey can we talk about the possibility of an upcoming sequ-
No.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i haven't played dat shit in ages

still have to get all the secret reports

awesome game, and proof that nomura should not direct ever

Awards
Website
sites.google.com

Cissy

Bronze Member
Neku gets the bottom half, while Neku's partner– whose attack direction can be controlled using the directional pad while remaining stationary– gets the top.
Naughty.

Anyway. Love this game; reason why I bought a DS.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
Re: The World Ends With You | It's A Wonderful World

this game was pretty fun

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Re: The World Ends with You | It's a Wonderful World

Neku's reaction to that is priceless

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Same with Shiki's "TAKE OFF YOUR PANTS!"

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

Oh yes, gotta love that

Cissy

Bronze Member

Well, if we're going to speak of hilarity, Another Day is our prime subject. That thing was a treasure trove of funny. I'd be very pleased if Square continued making those "extra episodes" within their games.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

Shiki: "I want to see it! I mean Stop it!"

Shiki, Shiki, Shiki....

I hope they do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back