• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything We Know About 358/2 Days | Xion So Far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I never did get to find out what happened to Pingu...

Charlie K

Back in Business
I don't think we'll get any new news until it's released in Japan..if not, then very little news.

kasamake

Organization XIII

Okay I'm starting this thread for reason, to see if anybody knows if future kingdom hearts games will go over whos nobodies all the org. members are.

Muse

you look atrocious
Re: Organization XIII

The first six are Nobodies of the apprentices of Ansem the Wise. Roxas is Sora's Nobody. Those are about the only important ones we'll need to know.

Papou

I don't think I like Xion. Everybody seems to criticize people for already having opinions on Xion since we have so little information about her, but I don't see how it's wrong.

With what we know about her so far, she is very reminiscent of OC Sues that you see everywhere in fanfiction (and it's not the fact that she's like fanfic characters, it's that she shares many of the traits that make some of them so annoying)
-Connected to many main characters, including the main protagonist.
-Resembles a main character.
-She's also a keyblade wielder (unless Riku is right about her being a fake)
-She's a special nobody, she was born a special way.
-She's all YAYYBFF with Roxas and Axel
-She has influenced the paths of major characters
-How her role in the story is described as "tragic and brave"
-Number 14?
-Teenage girl (age/gender type that can most easily go from acceptable character to deathsue)

Now, the things I listed aren't bad by default (several of those things apply to Namine, who is one of my favorite characters). It's that Xion's placement seems horribly clumsy. She's out of nowhere and she leaves no traces in KH2. I can't decide what bugs me the most: That she's interrupting the dynamic of the Axel/Roxas relationship (no, I'm not an AkuRoku shipper, I just like them strictly as a duo, I don't think that Xion is good in their trio), or that she also has a keyblade and that she's also having an identity crisis and becomes a victim of circumstance (TOTALLY not stealing Roxas's thunder) I think that we know enough about her for me to be justified in calling her a Mary Sue. Maybe it's not right, but I can't help feeling like she doesn't deserve an important place in the story. I feel bad saying that, but I can't deny that I feel that way.

xxSilence

wow that was A LOT of info! (but very informative of course)
I wasn't planning on getting 358/2 Days, but it def seems worth the wait. The graphics look stunning for DS.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't think I like Xion. Everybody seems to criticize people for already having opinions on Xion since we have so little information about her, but I don't see how it's wrong.

With what we know about her so far, she is very reminiscent of OC Sues that you see everywhere in fanfiction (and it's not the fact that she's like fanfic characters, it's that she shares many of the traits that make some of them so annoying)
-Connected to many main characters, including the main protagonist.
-Resembles a main character.
-She's also a keyblade wielder (unless Riku is right about her being a fake)
-She's a special nobody, she was born a special way.
-She's all YAYYBFF with Roxas and Axel
-She has influenced the paths of major characters
-How her role in the story is described as "tragic and brave"
-Number 14?
-Teenage girl (age/gender type that can most easily go from acceptable character to deathsue)

Now, the things I listed aren't bad by default (several of those things apply to Namine, who is one of my favorite characters). It's that Xion's placement seems horribly clumsy. She's out of nowhere and she leaves no traces in KH2. I can't decide what bugs me the most: That she's interrupting the dynamic of the Axel/Roxas relationship (no, I'm not an AkuRoku shipper, I just like them strictly as a duo, I don't think that Xion is good in their trio), or that she also has a keyblade and that she's also having an identity crisis and becomes a victim of circumstance (TOTALLY not stealing Roxas's thunder) I think that we know enough about her for me to be justified in calling her a Mary Sue. Maybe it's not right, but I can't help feeling like she doesn't deserve an important place in the story. I feel bad saying that, but I can't deny that I feel that way.

I actually agree through that whole list.

I always believed [it doesn't even have to be believed, she is] she's the reality incarnation of the typical mysterious Number 14 Sue fanfiction. I do believe she's interrupting the dynamic between Axel and Roxas, but it's not much about Roxas, considering he's more liable to create a friendship with someone he could relate to. I'm more concerned about Axel, especially considering it goes against everything he said in KH2, and then some in the Novels. Either he forgot about Xion, or he didn't really give a damn, and just tagged along because of Roxas's preference. And I don't know what to think of that. This trio seemed kind of force, and it's either Nomura's way of whoring trios out, or to relate them more to the whole SoRiKai connection they are trying to get at.

Another peeve is that you hit the nail right on the head: her story is basically rehashed Roxas 2.0.

I mean, I get the identity crisis the first time [and it was kind of tiring to me], you know, but second round, and I find it lackluster.

I think the difference for Naminé is that she has her own story, more so since she actually made her entrance in a way that made sense >.>. And her path is different from Roxas or anyone's else from CoM to KH2. We barely knew about her when CoM was first appearing, just a girl locked up with some mysterious power. She didn't have anyone caring for her. She didn't have friends. She was alone. She put the actual main character in danger, and while forced, did mind rape him. When she wants to meet someone, she's the one to actively go and search for them. She's become more like a guide to other characters, while actually questioning her existence or if she's even worth the air she breathes. She's a really sad and melancholy creature, that one. In reality, Naminé turned out not being this great thing people were expecting [and I mean that in a good way].

I don't know what to think of Xion, but I think we wasted like half the WMV in the game on her face. And with all that, it's pretty clear what she's about in her overall character. And I don't like her either. Nor would I fall for feeling sorry for her. The only thing left is what exactly she is.

Then again, I'm not exactly buying 358/2 Days to find her mystery anyway. I just better get my Organization promise.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
Can't wait for this game. Actually no, scratch that. I can't wait for the ANNOUNCEMENT of a RELEASE DATE for this game. That's all I ask for. Is that too much to ask for??

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
Can't wait for this game. Actually no, scratch that. I can't wait for the ANNOUNCEMENT of a RELEASE DATE for this game. That's all I ask for. Is that too much to ask for??

i know eh ive been waiting for a sprong release but now its probably a summer releases with all these different dates their giving us but im guessing it will come in march or april due to the fact that it says Spring 2009

Gatorade

i know eh ive been waiting for a sprong release but now its probably a summer releases with all these different dates their giving us but im guessing it will come in march or april due to the fact that it says Spring 2009
You gotta remember that those dates are for Japan. Here in NA, we won't get it any sooner then 3-4 months after the Japanese get it.

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
You gotta remember that those dates are for Japan. Here in NA, we won't get it any sooner then 3-4 months after the Japanese get it.

And that's the part that really sucks... the waiting..... Hopefully we'll c 358/2 days on the shelves of stores by the end of the summer...

Gatorade

And that's the part that really sucks... the waiting..... Hopefully we'll c 358/2 days on the shelves of stores by the end of the summer...
I don't see what takes them so long to get an English version over here. I mean, all they have to do is add the English VA's in, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

And what's worse is that being an active member on these forums, a bunch of people will have the Jap. versions of the games while I'm sitting here waiting. It's not fair.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I don't see what takes them so long to get an English version over here. I mean, all they have to do is add the English VA's in, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

and sync lip movements, and translate menus/texts, and add incentives to make a final mix for japan, etc. etc.

And what's worse is that being an active member on these forums, a bunch of people will have the Jap. versions of the games while I'm sitting here waiting. It's not fair.

wahmbulance.jpg

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Well if they work remotely hard, I'm sure they can get that done in 1-2 months, am I right?

I'd place it more around three to four months. These things take time; I know from personal experience.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Off-topic but... how do you know from personal experience??

For a brief time, I worked on my own simple 3D games, along with a few games using sprites.
Needless to say, it was excruciatingly long and difficult just to program the basic controls, and even then there were still a few rough edges to be worked out with the animations. One can imagine that even though there is an entire team of programmers and 3D artists working on 358/2 Days, having to perfect the lip-synching animations alone would be a difficult task, at least for someone with my meager experience in programming.

Papou

I actually agree through that whole list.

I always believed [it doesn't even have to be believed, she is] she's the reality incarnation of the typical mysterious Number 14 Sue fanfiction. I do believe she's interrupting the dynamic between Axel and Roxas, but it's not much about Roxas, considering he's more liable to create a friendship with someone he could relate to. I'm more concerned about Axel, especially considering it goes against everything he said in KH2, and then some in the Novels. Either he forgot about Xion, or he didn't really give a damn, and just tagged along because of Roxas's preference. And I don't know what to think of that. This trio seemed kind of force, and it's either Nomura's way of whoring trios out, or to relate them more to the whole SoRiKai connection they are trying to get at.

Another peeve is that you hit the nail right on the head: her story is basically rehashed Roxas 2.0.

I mean, I get the identity crisis the first time [and it was kind of tiring to me], you know, but second round, and I find it lackluster.

I think the difference for Naminé is that she has her own story, more so since she actually made her entrance in a way that made sense >.>. And her path is different from Roxas or anyone's else from CoM to KH2. We barely knew about her when CoM was first appearing, just a girl locked up with some mysterious power. She didn't have anyone caring for her. She didn't have friends. She was alone. She put the actual main character in danger, and while forced, did mind rape him. When she wants to meet someone, she's the one to actively go and search for them. She's become more like a guide to other characters, while actually questioning her existence or if she's even worth the air she breathes. She's a really sad and melancholy creature, that one. In reality, Naminé turned out not being this great thing people were expecting [and I mean that in a good way].

I don't know what to think of Xion, but I think we wasted like half the WMV in the game on her face. And with all that, it's pretty clear what she's about in her overall character. And I don't like her either. Nor would I fall for feeling sorry for her. The only thing left is what exactly she is.

Then again, I'm not exactly buying 358/2 Days to find her mystery anyway. I just better get my Organization promise.

Gah, somebody agrees with me. I was a bit afraid I would get a stream of hate defending Xion after I posted that.

You're right about Axel, that really bugs me too. One of the things that makes Axel's and Roxas's relationship special is that Roxas is the only one Axel likes or can identify with, or gives him a warm fuzzy feeling and the whole thing seems a lot less intimate (in the most general meaning of the word) with the addition of Xion. TAV seems like a great trio to me, SRK is bearable, but this just doesn't work for me. It's like she's invading the story, much like OCs often do.

Too early for this?
GTFOXIONcopy-1.jpg

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Gah, somebody agrees with me. I was a bit afraid I would get a stream of hate defending Xion after I posted that.

You're right about Axel, that really bugs me too. One of the things that makes Axel's and Roxas's relationship special is that Roxas is the only one Axel likes or can identify with, or gives him a warm fuzzy feeling and the whole thing seems a lot less intimate (in the most general meaning of the word) with the addition of Xion. TAV seems like a great trio to me, SRK is bearable, but this just doesn't work for me. It's like she's invading the story, much like OCs often do.

Too early for this?
GTFOXIONcopy-1.jpg

Well, I understand where you're coming from. Cause it does have some valid points that I see. And I think people can get through their opinion on how to defend Xion without hating. But yes, the whole Axel thing is what seems off to me. Especially since he mostly laughs and smiles with Roxas, and even in that picture it's Roxas he's interacting with. It just doesn't click unless he really did forget about her. I honestly think Roxas is what links these two together. Otherwise, they probably would have never talked.

As for the said picture, LOL, I don't despise her to that extent xD, and I think it might be too early for now. We still need to see her in the game, and see if she can somehow be redeemed or be at least likeable.

Then we can start a riot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back