• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Mirror Image (one Shot)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
So, this has been cooking up in my brain for a while. Read, talk, and enjoy!

Mirror Image (One Shot)

Axel lay on his bed in The Castle That Never Was. He stared at the ceiling, wondering about his heartless, his somebody. He was so… alone? Here. The last member of the organization, Number 8. The first member of the Organization after the original seven. And completely disowned because he was not an apprentice of Ansem The Wise, whoever he was. There was a knock on the door.

“Go Away!” Axel shouted.

“Do you want to rephrase that.” It was Xemnas. The Leader of The Org. What did he want with Axel. “Axel.”

“I’m comin’ I’m comin’” He dragged his feet towards his door and pulled it open, he leaned up against the frame. Xemnas blinked. Axel knew he hated his Fire red hair, that’s why he kept it. “What do you want, Master Xemnas?”

“I want you to see something.” Xemnas pulled up a portal. “Go in.” Axel shrugged and pulled up his hood to protect his soul from the darkness. He walked into the purple and black corridor, connecting The World That Never Was to another one. He soon arrived in the computer room for a lab, Xemnas behind him and shutting the corridor door. Xemnas then walked over to the computer, put a disk in, and started typing passwords. Axel knew where he was then. In Radiant Gardens, going to the Room of Awakening. Why? Axel just looked at the machines and waited. Eventually a door opened and Xemans gestured for Axel to go through. He then walked down some steps and saw the floor fall away, down below was a never ending spiral of stairs. Xemnas walked down first, Axel finally pulled himself together enough to walk after him. As he hurried after Xemans, he shook his hood off and slowed down as he reached Xemnas.

“Where are we going?” Axel asked. He put his hands behind his head. “And why did you ask me to come? Xigbar’s probably better at whatever you want.”

“I wanted you.” Was Xemnas’ reply. “And you’ll see.” he turned, cutting off any further questions.

“You can’t blame a nobody for trying.” He muttered, then shut up for the rest of the trip.

Eventually they reached the bottom. Xemnas opened a door, then walked down a hallway. Axel hadn’t even HEARD of this before. There were 13 doors lining the walls, and behind the first eight of them banging and clamoring could be heard. He walked backwards, trying to see it all. Xemnas stopped in from of the door marked eight, and opened it with a key.

“Get Up.” he demanded, and someone or something stirred in the depths. A man staggered up, as Axel held down a gasp. It was like looking in a cracked mirror. All the important things were there, but wrong. Half in the shadows, Axel recognized his own flaming red hair, but a different more subdued shade. It was also tied back in a loose ponytail rather than Axel’s spikes. Whoever it was also had tatooed the skin by his eyes, but rather than Axel’s black diamonds directly underneath, this had more henna colored tracings on the edge. The eyes were the same color, but again subdued. Whoever it was shook his head, trying to clear his head. He leaned up the door in a similar manner to Axel earlier. Now Axel noticed the man wore a black, untucked suit. Xemnas walked in front of Axel, blocking each others view of the other.

“I want you to fight” Xemnas ordered. He pulled back his own hood revealing his yellow eyes. Who ever it was wasn’t phased by the look.

“And why should I? You’re the one that kidnapped me! The receiving end could always be a bit better. But let me go home. Rude’s probably looking for me. And Elena.”

“I want you to fight him.” Xemnas stepped away, revealing Axel, who was now leaning up against the back wall with his arms folded. “And number 8? Don’t forget to clean up.” Xemnas created a portal, “oh, I guess to be fair…“ Xemnas tossed the man a long metal rod with a leather handle and left. Axel raised his hand, and snapped, calling up a portal to an outside world.

“Get In’ He ordered.

“Make me.” Was the response. Axel walked over, and pushed him in. Axel steppen in himself and dragged him to the exit portal. Which was the top of the Notre Dame Cathedral. Axel threw the mirror man onto a cupola. The man drew out his weapon, the metal stick, and flipped a switch. Electicity crackled on the edge. Axel grinned and thrust his hands outward, yelling, he summoned up his chakrams. He moved in quickly only to be shocked by the electricity running on the edge of the chackrams. He shifted his grip to leather in the middle then, the leather blocking the charge. He quickly used his chakrams to catch the metal bar in the middle, then used it to slam the man into the ground. The man did a quick back spring before charging again. Axel threw out his fire chakrams. The man dodged them and shocked Axel. As Axel fell, the Chakrams came back winding the man. The two landed on the roof, their feet facing the other in a bizarre mirror image. The other man started to laugh.

“Tied , huh?” he said. He groaned and pushed himself up to a sitting position, then stood up. He walked over to Axel, who was partly up, and held out his hand to help. Axel accepted and soon they stood across from each other. The man held out his hand again.

“Reno.” he said. Axel nodded before shaking his hand.

“Axel.” Reno gave a sadistic smile.

“So, where are we?” Axel looked out over the city.

“Notre Dame.” He blinked as he looked out. “I used to live here when I was a gypsy.”

“You’re not now?”

“Now I’m a nobody. And you?”:

“Turk.”

“really. I think my caravan was going to Turkey.” He was gently wacked on the head by the stick.

“Don’t mix the Turks up with those Turks. And what’s a nobody.”

“Body and soul, no heart. No emotions…” Axel trailed off. “memories though. It’s your only claim to existence.” Reno leaned up against a stone chimney like protruberance.

“Not a happy life.”

“no, not really.” Reno looked out too.

“How?”

“I was a fire eater in the caravan. But there was this little upstart there who was no better than me, but younger. More of his life ahead of him…” Axel growled for a minute, then continued. “He got picked over me for a big performance for the king of France. So I did what I had to do to keep my position.” Reno looked at him.

“You killed him?”

“yes.” His eyes were not unseeing as he went back to that inescapable moment. “In that moment my heart, weakened already by jealousy and hatred fell completely into darkness and I, Axel, was born. Now, I can not feel at all. No emotions anyway.” He looked at Reno. “What is it like, to feel.” Reno looked back in shock.

“I, I don’t know. When you’re happy, because you’ve made a friend you’re… bubbly, and thankful. It’s kind of hard to define. Sad, you just want things to end. Angry, you just want things to go away.” He looked down at the people on the ground. They seemed so small.

“What was your life like?” Axel asked. He really didn’t care, but he knew it would be impolite.

“Interesting. Turks do stuff the SOLDIER can’t. I’ve been involved in my fair share of kidnappings.” he sighed and put he his hands behind his head. “Can I go back?”

“Why?”

“Shin-Ra might need me. I’ve been gone for months. I have to get back.” He brushed stray hairs out of his face. “I can’t go back as I am right now, back to Midgar.” Axel thrust his right hand behind himself so a portal opened up.

“Let me take you through. Your heart could be corrupted very easily.” Axel pulled his hood up. Axel grabbed Reno’s crook of the elbow and pulled him through the portal.

As time went on, Reno started to grab his chest.

“I’m fine” He kept on saying, but Axel hurried. The darkness was encroaching on his heart. Soon they existed and arrived in a falling apart city. Axel pulled his hood down.

“I know this is where you’re from.” Axel looked around. “But where are we?”

“Slums.” Was the response. “This is my world.”

“You can’t tell anyone.” Axel said flatly. “The Border is not to be interrupted. Don’t let them know about The World That Never Was, or the Room of Awakening.”

“That means nothing to me, but okay.” Reno tipped his head back to look up at the grey sky. “It’s going to rain…”

“RENO! WHERE THE HECK HAVE YOU BEEN?” A tall, African American man came running up. He was bald and wore sunglasses.

“He’s mad.” Reno muttered.

“But, he didn’t swear.”

“he NEVER yells” But a grin spread across his face “ RUDE!”

“Well, yeah, it is.” Axel was hit again. “ow.”

“that’s his name, dimwit.” Rude came over, struggling to keep himself calm.

“They’ll want a de-briefing. Where have you been?”

“I don’t know. This guy kidnapped me and locked me up in a room. This guy managed to rescue me.” Well, he wasn’t lying.

“Axel” He shook Rude’s hand.

“Rude.” He looked at Reno. “LEt’s go.” Reno nodded, the turned back to shake Axel’s hand.

“Nice meeting you.”

“Same here.” Rude stopped.

“Why do you have the same voice?” The two shrugged. Axel pulled the hood up, remembering something… feeling bubbly. He whispered to himself…

“Did I just make a friend?”

Faris

Perfect Harmony
Axel Vs Reno. I love it so so much. inspiring me to do the sad sad life of marluxia before the organization.

its great, never though id see axel as gypsy

madammina

Big theory when I wrote it was Axel was a gypsy from Notre Dame. But my own bit is how he became a Nobody.

I need to work on fight scenes.

Thanks though!

(looks forward to Marly story)

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
epic :D!

reno and axel meeting is cool. the fight was awesome. good storyline. epic KH+FF

ur a good writer :)

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave
This is pretty damn good Mina, but umm, Saix was the first member after the original six, he wasn't an apprentice, Axel was the second addition

A

Azrael

You totally got inspired from Reno vs Axel fanart in Photobucket didn't you?

Nice read, to see what could had been between people who are technically brothers

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Great job madammina! I like it a lot! The fight scene was written well, as was Axel's character (always a big issue for me). The only real issue I had was with some of the grammar (I'm a stickler for that sort of thing), but that improved with "Here Comes the Bride", so it's not so much a big deal in this story.

I love that Axel was from Notre Dame! I want that to be his home world too!

madammina

This is pretty damn good Mina, but umm, Saix was the first member after the original six, he wasn't an apprentice, Axel was the second addition

sorry! My bad.

You totally got inspired from Reno vs Axel fanart in Photobucket didn't you?

Nice read, to see what could had been between people who are technically brothers

Nope. I forget what inspired me (I think it was discussions of Axel's home world, or how Axel is like Reno) but it was NOT photobucket. Or Deviantart.

It was nice to see.

Top o' the Notre Dame Cathedral, eh?

Epic.

Interesting one-shot you've got here, madammina.

Like I said, people were saying Axel could have been a gypsy and might cameo in BBS. I just wrote what I thought.

Thank you.

Great job madammina! I like it a lot! The fight scene was written well, as was Axel's character (always a big issue for me). The only real issue I had was with some of the grammar (I'm a stickler for that sort of thing), but that improved with "Here Comes the Bride", so it's not so much a big deal in this story.

I love that Axel was from Notre Dame! I want that to be his home world too!
Thanks!
Yeah, my grammar has improved.

You liked the fightscene? I always have trouble with them... I thought I didn't describe it enough.

I'm glad you thought I did Axel's character well too.

And Axel DOES seem to fit ND well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back