• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Soul! in general...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Where does the soul go?

• Realm of Light

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Realm Inbetween

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Realm of Darkness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realm of Nothingnes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Neither of them

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
TRUST ME! IF I COULD NEGA REP U! I will n_n XDDDD U write good things thats why people dont nega rep u, I could only nega rape u for beeing meany *jum* XDD but i cant, I just have to wait till u fail with some comment =D and NO i dont hate u xDD I just like helping people

your mother
thanks

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Ehh.. I still prefer to not nega-rep you, Karate. You livened this thread up, with that Olymphus Coliseum joke or was it a joke? Anyways, I think your explanation sounds plausible and just because light is good in most religions, doesn't mean it's "heaven" in KH. I think that like Karate said, Kingdom Hearts is both Heaven and Hell, as I could of sworn that oblivion is linked to it and darkness. Besides..

Xehanort's Heartless said:
All hearts begin in darkness.. and all so end.. the heart is no different..

As the heart seems to be the key in creation, I'm taking it that once someone dies (soul leaves the body), the soul goes to where the heart goes to. The body remains on the world the person died on, where it is buried or picked clean by the birds, just like in real life. Then again, maybe some spirits/ souls stay (or simply visit) on the worlds, like Mufasa did in the Lion King/ Kingdom Hearts. (Yes, I know this could just be KH going along with the movie's story, but still..)

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Or it was both Light and Darkness. Opening the door brought about a dazzling light, but inside there were Heartless, and there is always a Darkness to every Light.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
I can't remember clearly. Did he say it was Pure Darkness?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Ehh.. I still prefer to not nega-rep you, Karate.

FGAT

You livened this thread up, with that Olymphus Coliseum joke or was it a joke?

Dead ass serious.

Anyways, I think your explanation sounds plausible and just because light is good in most religions, doesn't mean it's "heaven" in KH. I think that like Karate said, Kingdom Hearts is both Heaven and Hell, as I could of sworn that oblivion is linked to it and darkness. Besides..
Oblivion isn't darkness, it's forgetful...ness.

As the heart seems to be the key in creation, I'm taking it that once someone dies (soul leaves the body), the soul goes to where the heart goes to. The body remains on the world the person died on, where it is buried or picked clean by the birds, just like in real life. Then again, maybe some spirits/ souls stay (or simply visit) on the worlds, like Mufasa did in the Lion King/ Kingdom Hearts. (Yes, I know this could just be KH going along with the movie's story, but still..)

Just going with the story.
Souls are essentially energy. It is plausible that they go to Kingdom Hearts.
Kingdom Soul?
Nah, that's stupid.

Should we really take anything Xehanort's Heartless says without a grain of salt?

After all, the guy did think that Kingdom Hearts was full of darkness, instead of the light it turned out to be.

There was darkness in there. I just think that whatever's invoked will be the dominant force. EX:
Had Sora not said anything about light, darkness would ave streamed out, haX out Xehanort and giving me more exp when I caved his face in with Keyblade metal.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
That's the quote most people remember, and it's a pretty easy one at that.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
There was darkness in there. I just think that whatever's invoked will be the dominant force. EX:
Had Sora not said anything about light, darkness would ave streamed out, haX out Xehanort and giving me more exp when I caved his face in with Keyblade metal.

I don't think this is the case, because Xehanort's Heartless invokes the darkness first:

Ansem: It is futile. The Keyblade alone cannot seal the door to darkness. (to
the Kingdom Hearts) Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness...

Kingdom Hearts’ doors open with dark smoke coming out.

Ansem: Supreme darkness...

Sora: You’re wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts...is light!

Light appeared from Kingdom Hearts doors.

The implication there is that Sora's just right. Kingdom Hearts is in the Realm of Darkness, but it itself is the light inside the darkness.

...though it's quite possible that it's got some of both and just didn't like Xehanort, considering that the worlds help Sora when Xemnas is threatening them. =P

On the other hand, if it is pure light, it seems like it could explain most of the religious questions in the KH world (which, to be fair, is really what's being asked with the "what happens to the heart/soul" questions). If we assume that Ansem's just wrong about the orientation of KH, he says that hearts come from it ("From those dark depths are all hearts born. Even yours.") and return to it ("In the end, every heart returns to the darkness whence it came."), and it wouldn't exactly make for a bad afterlife, connected to the hearts of the people you care about and the light that created your heart (particularly for someone like Sora XD).

As for souls going to Olympus Coliseum - there's certainly something in Hades' realm that doesn't seem to be a heart and looks like the normal depiction of bodiless souls. They don't do much besides give you MP balls when you hit them. =P If they actually are the KH version of souls, regardless of whether they all end up with Hades or go somewhere in their own world, they don't seem nearly as important to the location of one's consciousness as the heart. XD

Muse

you look atrocious
Welp it depens of your actions, and in wich realm did u worked for: (aplying rules of life) If u did mean things ull go to the dark realm (Hell) If u were good ull go to the realm of light (Heaven), and if u were am like bad and good at the same time ull go to the world in beetween (restless soul???)

=/ Just thought I'd point this out, as no one else did.

The affinity of what realm you reside in does not determine whether you are good or evil. We've seen many folks from the Realm of Light and where they all good little angels? No. In fact, I remember quite a few of them trying to kill the main character. Scar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Clayton, ect. They all were from and resided within the Realm of Light, yet they were not good. So saying that because it's Light it's automatically 'good' and Darkness is automatically 'bad' is ignorant on your part.

Seeing as we have Hades in the game with his little Underworld, it's quite possible that the afterlife in KH mirrors that of the ancient Greeks in which when you die, you are sent to Tartarus in which you are tried to determine what happens to your soul.

If you pass as a good and wholesome person, you get to go to a peaceful and pampered afterlife in which food and drink and other necessities are provided to you as desired.

If you're a bad or wicked person, you get your punishment decided and that's what you must do for all eternity (ie: Rolling an enormous boulder up an unreasonably high hill or having a vulture peck out and eat your spleen and have it painfully grow back overnight just to go through the torture all over again).

If you're not really either, then you remain in this one area that's neither good nor bad, just in the middle.

Bleh, I know there are specific names for each of these places and I probably botched all this information up, but it's been a while since I've studied the ancient Greek afterlife.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
I don't think this is the case, because Xehanort's Heartless invokes the darkness first:

And darkness did come out, but was stifled by Sora's invoking of Kingdom Hearts. So it's more like:

Ansem: It is futile. The Keyblade alone cannot seal the door to darkness. (to
the Kingdom Hearts) Kingdom Hearts! Fill me with the power of darkness...

Kingdom Hearts’ doors open with dark smoke coming out.

Ansem: Supreme darkness...

[darkness begins to stream out]

Sora: You’re wrong. I know now, without a doubt. Kingdom Hearts...is light!

[Light appeared from Kingdom Hearts doors.]

The implication there is that Sora's just right. Kingdom Hearts is in the Realm of Darkness, but it itself is the light inside the darkness.

Well since hearts are made up of light and dark, and Kingdom Hearts being a heart, it'd be safe to say that there is darkness.

On top of that, when Xehanort disappeared there were heartless inside...darkness.

Xehanort invoked the darkness, therefore darkness came out. Sora invoked the light, therefore light came out.

As for souls going to Olympus Coliseum - there's certainly something in Hades' realm that doesn't seem to be a heart and looks like the normal depiction of bodiless souls. They don't do much besides give you MP balls when you hit them. =P If they actually are the KH version of souls, regardless of whether they all end up with Hades or go somewhere in their own world, they don't seem nearly as important to the location of one's consciousness as the heart. XD

Therefore, worthless thread is worthless.

Lord_Marluxia

Website
www.marluxiasrose.deviantart.com
=/ Just thought I'd point this out, as no one else did.

The affinity of what realm you reside in does not determine whether you are good or evil. We've seen many folks from the Realm of Light and where they all good little angels? No. In fact, I remember quite a few of them trying to kill the main character. Scar, Ursula, Oogie Boogie, Clayton, ect. They all were from and resided within the Realm of Light, yet they were not good. So saying that because it's Light it's automatically 'good' and Darkness is automatically 'bad' is ignorant on your part.

Seeing as we have Hades in the game with his little Underworld, it's quite possible that the afterlife in KH mirrors that of the ancient Greeks in which when you die, you are sent to Tartarus in which you are tried to determine what happens to your soul.

If you pass as a good and wholesome person, you get to go to a peaceful and pampered afterlife in which food and drink and other necessities are provided to you as desired.

If you're a bad or wicked person, you get your punishment decided and that's what you must do for all eternity (ie: Rolling an enormous boulder up an unreasonably high hill or having a vulture peck out and eat your spleen and have it painfully grow back overnight just to go through the torture all over again).

If you're not really either, then you remain in this one area that's neither good nor bad, just in the middle.

Bleh, I know there are specific names for each of these places and I probably botched all this information up, but it's been a while since I've studied the ancient Greek afterlife.

Welp its not beeing retarded or ignorant, i think i said the things wrong or something, cuz, what i ment Its not the realm where u live, its like ammm What ur actions were, and welp listening at what u said, could help a lot about this thing, I mean, aplying this to real life, Our World is the realm of light, and we still se thief´s and terrorists (call them ursula and gang xDD) trying to alterate peace and order in ouw world, so yeah, the fact that u live in a specific kingdom doesnt makes u either good or bad, it depens of you

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I`m sorry but why would anyone think the realm of light is heaven. Are there angels and people who have died in the realm of light. I don`t think so and highly doubt it. They`re completely different things really. Sorry if I repeated what anyone already said.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
I`m sorry but why would anyone think the realm of light is heaven. Are there angels and people who have died in the realm of light. I don`t think so and highly doubt it. They`re completely different things really. Sorry if I repeated what anyone already said.

Because when you think of light(good) you think of heaven so....

But obvisiously the realm of light is where they(characters) live in Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Naryx15

Because when you think of light(good) you think of heaven so....

But obvisiously the realm of light is where they live in Kingdom Hearts.

The realm of light is the place where all the worlds Sora travels to are.
Like Agrabah and Olympus Coliseum and such.
It's not "heaven"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back