• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The Soul! in general...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Where does the soul go?

• Realm of Light

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Realm Inbetween

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Realm of Darkness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Realm of Nothingnes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Neither of them

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
It's possible Ven's soul could've been placed into Sora and later on created Roxas.
That would leave one extra soul to create Naminé or possibly even Xion

Namine is composed of almost nothing, remember? If anything, she's Kairi's sense of self?

I thought it was confirmed that only two Nobodies were made at Hollow Bastion; Roxas and Namine. Or was it just confirmed that Roxas and Namine were made at Hollow Bastion and nothing about them being the only Nobodies created there?

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
It's possible Ven's soul could've been placed into Sora and later on created Roxas.
That would leave one extra soul to create Naminé or possibly even Xion and the reason why they look like Kairi is because of the influence of Kairi on Sora's soul.

Except that Ven's soul would probably start to interfere with Sora's, much the same way that Kairi's did with Sora's, causing all of those visions we see in KH1.

If that were the case, then there would be something to indicate what Ven is like in Sora.

Naryx15

Except that Ven's soul would probably start to interfere with Sora's, much the same way that Kairi's did with Sora's, causing all of those visions we see in KH1.

If that were the case, then there would be something to indicate what Ven is like in Sora.

Sora had Kairi's heart. Not her soul. Souls don't HAVE to interfere.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Sora had Kairi's heart. Not her soul. Souls don't HAVE to interfere.

Following that logic, neither do hearts, really.

Souls give off just as much personality as hearts do. Who's to say it wouldn't start to interfere. You can be sure that anything foreign in you will start to intergrate itself into the main framework of your body.

Muse

you look atrocious
the reason why they look like Kairi is because of the influence of Kairi on Sora's soul.

But would Kairi really have that much influence over Ven's soul? =/ Enough to cause it to shape a Nobody in her image? Probably not.

Despite me not liking the Ven's soul -> Sora theory those visions were the cause of the memories being stirred in Kairi's heart, though, right? And the heart is the one that contains the memories, not the soul. And I see everyone is ignoring my posts. D':

Souls give off just as much personality as hearts do. Who's to say it wouldn't start to interfere. You can be sure that anything foreign in you will start to intergrate itself into the main framework of your body.

I agree with that last sentence. I mean, if supposedly Ven's soul had been in Sora for ten years, don't you think that he would have noticed something strange by now? Some sort of sign that there was something in his body that shouldn't be there and doesn't belong?

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
So I don't really think of it having either light or darkness because if it had one or the other, that wouldn't affect your status, now would it?

You gave me a idea Rei. :D! If it is neutral then the darkness would affect its status. It would possibly influnce it to go one way not the other. I also think its the decisions you make to determine your souls destination thats in my sig.

That still doesn't explain how darkness would be able to corrupt the soul. =/ When I think of the soul, I think it to be completely neutral. No light, no darkness. Because either way it wouldn't really affect the soul's purpose, right? The soul's purpose is well, life, right? Without your soul, you'd be dead.

Darkness would push the soul from the line of neutral to one side(darkness). Your thoughts....

Naryx15

Ven's soul could have been in a state of "sleep" inside Sora.
And that soul could have been used in the "birth" of Roxas.
Birth by Sleep :D

Yeah, yeah. that was just a random thought so please don't debate against it xD

Muse

you look atrocious
You gave me a idea Rei. :D! If it is neutral then the darkness would affect its status. It would possibly influnce it to go one way not the other. I also think its the decisions you make to determine your souls destination thats in my sig.

How though? If it's completely neutral, I don't think it'd be that easily swayed.

And going by that logic, who's to say that Light can't affect the soul's status and influence it towards Light's side?

Ven's soul could have been in a state of "sleep" inside Sora.
And that soul could have been used in the "birth" of Roxas.
Birth by Sleep :D

The individual titles' meanings relate to their games and their games only.

Birth by Sleep - BBS
358/2 Days - Days
Coded - Coded

Even if it was in a state of 'sleep', the body surely should have noticed that there was a foreign... thing inside and would have given signs to Sora, don't you think? Like Kairi's heart being inside Sora. The different visions were kinda hinting that something was off.

keybladelegacy

Website
That totally reminds me (or at least makes me think) of why Ven looks like Roxas! ;P

That would leave one extra soul to create Naminé or possibly even Xion and the reason why they look like Kairi is because of the influence of Kairi on Sora's soul.

Maybe memories could be a way that roxas look like ven. If xion appearance can be altered by memories why cant roxas.

Lifes.Lover

Website
Sorry, I meant to say Kairi's heart was in Sora, but it didn't come out that way.

Ven's soul could have been sleeping, but that still doesn't mean, even dormant, that it wouldn't interfere. In fact, if it wasn't dormant, it could be even more disastrous for Sora and his own soul, because the soul could intentionally fight against the original soul already within the body.

That also doesn't answer why Ven's soul is in Sora, why it would be released into Roxas and why Sora's soul wasn't released into Roxas along with his body, and it definitely doesn't explain how Xion came to be.

Naryx15

How though? If it's completely neutral, I don't think it'd be that easily swayed.

And going by that logic, who's to say that Light can't affect the soul's status and influence it towards Light's side?

The individual titles' meanings relate to their games and their games only.

Birth by Sleep - BBS
358/2 Days - Days
Coded - Coded

Even if it was in a state of 'sleep', the body surely should have noticed that there was a foreign... thing inside and would have given signs to Sora, don't you think? Like Kairi's heart being inside Sora. The different visions were kinda hinting that something was off.

Yes, but Kairi's heart was completely active so it easily interfered with Sora.
If Ven's soul would have been in a state of sleep, it wouldn't.

Maybe we should get off the subject of Ven and continue on Unbirths..

That also doesn't answer why Ven's soul is in Sora, why it would be released into Roxas and why Sora's soul wasn't released into Roxas along with his body, and it definitely doesn't explain how Xion came to be.

I put that strike-out thing there for a reason.
It was a completely random thought that I haven't thought through so I didn't want it debated.

lexicham

This just doesn't fit the theme of Kingdom Hearts. I think Kingdom Hearts is a game more about the what happens to a heart when it leaves the body. Thus their intent was to leave the explanation of what happens to a soul when it leaves the body up to local religion of each individual world.

So far all that has been explained is how the heart would separate from the body (being engulfed in darkness), what happens to the heart after leaving the body (becoming a heartless), and what happens the the leftovers, the body and soul (creates a nobody).

Now a soul leaves the body through destruction of the body. However, what happens if the soul was forcibly removed from the body without going through death? This is where I think unbirths might come from. Rather than unbirths purely being the soul, they are the heart and body, both still in working condition. (for those people who are Harry Potter geeks, think the dementor's kiss)

This would fit Kingdom Hearts as it deals with yet another situation the heart could be placed in. Also would help explain the name unbirth. As a creature that has a heart and body, but no soul, has not been truely born yet.

the other, and less likely opinion is they are the heart and soul, without the body. But a soul purely on its own would just go to the "afterlife". And that's ground I don't think game developers want to step foot on.

Muse

you look atrocious
Maybe memories could be a way that roxas look like ven. If xion appearance can be altered by memories why cant roxas.

But last time I checked, Sora didn't have any memories of Ven. =/ I mean, if he did, wouldn't he have recognized Roxas from the get-go as Ven?

keybladelegacy

Website

If the heart has its weaknesses possibly the soul too.

That would determine where it goes wouldnt it."hehe":p

Realm of darkness = tempted by darkness

Realm of light = i doubt it would temp it with light but possibly.

Realm Inbetween or Nothingness = stay neutral (I guess)

Muse

you look atrocious
Yes, but Kairi's heart was completely active so it easily interfered with Sora.
If Ven's soul would have been in a state of sleep, it wouldn't.

Who said Kairi's heart was active? It very well could have been in a state of 'sleep' as well, at least until it joined back with Kairi in Hollow Bastion.

This just doesn't fit the theme of Kingdom Hearts. I think Kingdom Hearts is a game more about the what happens to a heart when it leaves the body. Thus their intent was to leave the explanation of what happens to a soul when it leaves the body up to local religion of each individual world.

So far all that has been explained is how the heart would separate from the body (being engulfed in darkness), what happens to the heart after leaving the body (becoming a heartless), and what happens the the leftovers, the body and soul (creates a nobody).

Now a soul leaves the body through destruction of the body. However, what happens if the soul was forcibly removed from the body without going through death? This is where I think unbirths might come from. Rather than unbirths purely being the soul, they are the heart and body, both still in working condition. (for those people who are Harry Potter geeks, think the dementor's kiss)

This would fit Kingdom Hearts as it deals with yet another situation the heart could be placed in. Also would help explain the name unbirth. As a creature that has a heart and body, but no soul, has not been truely born yet.

the other, and less likely opinion is they are the heart and soul, without the body. But a soul purely on its own would just go to the "afterlife". And that's ground I don't think game developers want to step foot on.

Er... - Soul = Dead

That theory's been though of before but the major thing is that if you subtract the soul from the equation, you have a corpse.

If the heart has its weaknesses possibly the soul too.

Don't question the soul! You know not of it's strength! D<

That would determine where it goes wouldnt it."hehe":p

Realm of darkness = tempted by darkness

Realm of light = i doubt it would temp it with light but possibly.

Realm Inbetween or Nothingness = stay neutral (I guess)

The Realm Inbetween is more likely than the Realm of Nothingness.

Inbetween - Neither light nor dark
Nothingness - Absolutely nothing. At all.

Now instead of being just a Nobody, you're Nothing.

There's a difference.

Last edited:

Naryx15

Who said Kairi's heart was active? It very well could have been in a state of 'sleep' as well, at least until it joined back with Kairi in Hollow Bastion.

Who knows?!
Meh, this thread is giving me a headache xD

Last edited:

keybladelegacy

Website
But last time I checked, Sora didn't have any memories of Ven. =/ I mean, if he did, wouldn't he have recognized Roxas from the get-go as Ven?

Not necessarily he was aleast 4. So i wouldnt remember a whole lot when i was 4.

Great assumption but i have to disagree with you there. Nomura said that the process of the unbirth really gives meaning to the word. Unbirth likely means death which involves the soul.

But now its time for the explanation of where the soul goes when it leaves the body.

Oh but the one flaw when the soul leaves the body the body perishes and since the heart is in the body. I expect it perishes with the body.

If they have hades(from hercules) on the game well then maybe they might go their.

keybladelegacy

Website
Who knows?!
Meh, this thread is giving me a headache xD

Makes ya think dont it...:eek:

Don't question the soul! You know not of it's strength! D<

"smiles" i'll make sure i dont... or will I...:E

The Realm Inbetween is more likely than the Realm of Nothingness.

Inbetween - Neither light nor dark
Nothingness - Absolutely nothing. At all.

There's a difference.

Ok i can agree with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back