• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pinocchio in Traverse Town

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Recently, I started to replay Kingdom Hearts 1, for the fifth time.

Tonight, I made it to Traverse Town for the second time. This is the time where Riku is met, the warp (THANK GOD!) gummi is put on, and Winnie the Pooh's book becomes available. Remember?

Anyway, when I went into the Accessory shop, after Cid no longer is manning it and is up next to the ledge, but before pulling the bell and sealing the keyhole, I found a perplexing sight.

Something that I had never seen before. Perhaps I've just never gone to the Accessory shop before, during this specific time, but it really stunned me.

There, on the floor, next to the counter and the top cabinet that held a treasure chest, was Pinocchio, with a treasure box lying on the floor behind him.

Now, of course this perplexed me, because I had always assumed that Pinocchio was always with his father, and they were in Monstro. However, this time, Jiminy introduced Pinocchio, and they got into a talk on, of course, Pinocchio's lies, and how Jiminy was his conscience. Then, Pinocchio made mention of trying to find his father, and Jiminy implored Sora to help him find Gepetto.

After the cutscene was over, I went out of the shop, and then immediately went back inside. But Pinocchio was no longer there, and that strange man that had taken over the shop after Cid left was there instead.

When I used to use a cheat guide, this little extra had never been mentioned, so it just makes me wonder.

Now, here's my question, and if this should have gone in help, I'm sorry. But, has anyone else seen Pinocchio here? Does this affect the story of Gepetto and Pinocchio later on? It can't be just coincidence, can it?

Was there any reason for this to be here?

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
You mean...It was your fifth time and not even ONCE have you noticed that and saw that cutscene. My god...

It should have been there the first time before Monstro was available...

Lifes.Lover

Website
You mean...It was your fifth time and not even ONCE have you noticed that and saw that cutscene. My god...

It should have been there the first time before Monstro was available...

You know, there's no actual need to be rude.

And yes, I've never gone into the shop between that actual time, so, no, I've never seen the cutscene before.

Yes, it was before Monstro was available, that's why it perplexed me.

But, I suppose that answered my question.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Wow, I wouldn't have thought he'd still be there... Were you at the point where Geppetto was living in TT?

Lifes.Lover

Website
Wow, I wouldn't have thought he'd still be there... Were you at the point where Geppetto was living in TT?

No, this was the second visit to Traverse Town, after you finish Tarzan's World, and before you go to Agrabah.

So, Monstro hadn't been done yet, and Gepetto and Pinocchio hadn't made the move to TT yet. That's why it was so perplexing to me.

Lancelot

Awards
Ah... Yeah, he always manages to get there first I think... don't know how =/

Lancelot

Awards
There's no doubt it is meant to come along... but the time you saw it is a bit off to when I saw it lol... at least, I think

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
it's just there so you don't get surprises when you enter Monstero

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
It doesn't effect the story really. Just one of those things that if you go there before a certain point you happen to see it.

I only saw it like once out of playing it a good 3 or 4 times.

Rix

:)
Awards
Actually, I don't think I ran into Pinocchio the first time I play thegame either so you're not the only one... And now I don't really see how I couldignore it.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I saw it probably on my second time playing through KH1, don't feel bad, I got shocked about seeing it too. Anyway, I think Pinocchio goes to look for his father and ends up in Monstro somehow... plot error:p

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
I guess after his world was destroyed Pinnochio wound up in Traverse Town and Gepetto somehow was swallowed by Monstro. After this scene, Pinnochio goes to look for Gepetto and somehow is also swallowed by Monstro. It's never explained how he got from TT to Monstro, though...

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I saw Pinocchio there my first time around, but only because I believe it said in the Strategy Guide. Otherwise, I probably would've totally missed him ^^; I doubt a lot would've changed when you miss him at TT, so he's no big deal.

Sora1915

Bronze Member
Yeah, I found him my second time, and it does have some plotline importance because it explains why donald knew who Pinoccio was when you first get to Monstro. And wow, you've only played it 5 times? That makes me feel like a dork >>;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back