• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Greatest disappointment in KH2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiizu

I'll partially agree on the useless part, but why wasn't she supposed to be weak-hearted? Never once has it been said that PoHs in general let alone Kairi in particular was supposed to be strong of Heart. Ever.

Oh, I see your point. :3

But PoHs being a special existance, and also carrying the power to open the Door to Darkness make them have a really important role. It doesn't seems like someone with a weak heart could be qualified to be a PoH. At least not for me.

I could be wrong, though. ^-^'

Or maybe I'm just searching for more reasons to hate Kairi.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But PoHs being a special existance, and also carrying the power to open the Door to Darkness make them have a really important role.

A power which is passive by nature. Wielding a Keyblade is active and by definition requires a strong Heart. You also get to actually do something with it, and with Sora losing it, the Wielder's state comes into play.
As long as all the PoHs are together at the same place you'll get the Keyhole.

It doesn't seems like someone with a weak heart could be qualified to be a PoH. At least not for me.

Again, Purity of Heart =\= Strength of Heart. Again, it was never hinted even once to a PoH having a strong Heart, and the best explanation we have as to why they even are PoHs is because they were born like it. It wasn't even that the Princesses were described as being strong enough to ward off any and all Darkness - they are incapable of housing Darkness, thus it doesn't even matter if they're weak Hearted - they can still fulfill that role.
Kairi losing her Heart at the start of KH1 always seemed to be proof to me of her weakness, but because she had the PoH status serving as a "God mode" cheat, she didn't cast off a Nobody on her own that we know of as long as Xion isn't confirmed to be it and managed to hold the Keyblade Riku gave her - which could be seen as Riku willing and nothing more to it if we want to go there, which I often do.

Or maybe I'm just searching for more reasons to hate Kairi.

Oh, sweetie, don't get me wrong, I'm hardly protecting her.
I'm stating a fact saying Kairi is ironically probably the person with the weakest Heart around. XD

Flygon017

The biggest disappointment for me was how easy the game was. Even on proud mode! The hardest fights were the ones with Org.XIII.Also the fact that there wasn't really any side bosses.

The worlds were also pretty short. The made the game seem longer by making you go back to them twice. Also, the partners don't really help out at all. It's like you're playing with no help. I hope Square fixes these problems in the upcoming kh games.

Chiizu

A power which is passive by nature. Wielding a Keyblade is active and by definition requires a strong Heart. You also get to actually do something with it, and with Sora losing it, the Wielder's state comes into play.
As long as all the PoHs are together at the same place you'll get the Keyhole.

Again, Purity of Heart =\= Strength of Heart. Again, it was never hinted even once to a PoH having a strong Heart, and the best explanation we have as to why they even are PoHs is because they were born like it. It wasn't even that the Princesses were described as being strong enough to ward off any and all Darkness - they are incapable of housing Darkness, thus it doesn't even matter if they're weak Hearted - they can still fulfill that role.
Kairi losing her Heart at the start of KH1 always seemed to be proof to me of her weakness, but because she had the PoH status serving as a "God mode" cheat, she didn't cast off a Nobody on her own that we know of as long as Xion isn't confirmed to be it and managed to hold the Keyblade Riku gave her - which could be seen as Riku willing and nothing more to it if we want to go there, which I often do.

Oh, I see.
Sorry, sometimes I come up with really stupid thoughts. Anyways, thanks for clarifying the whole thing. ^-^'

Oh, sweetie, don't get me wrong, I'm hardly protecting her.
I'm stating a fact saying Kairi is ironically probably the person with the weakest Heart around. XD

That's so true. >:3

Qarx

Super-ignorancy comes into play:
Goofy:
Hyuk! Sora's the Keyblade Master!
Someone else:
So, you're the Keyblade Master

Riku:
There can't be two Keyblade Masters
In KH1, "Master" meant the same as "Weilder" on this site. And in KH2, "Master", and "Weilder" never seem to come into play. We refer to Sora and the others as "Weilders", bu6 not "Masters". Why is that?
Maybe because "Master" would be a ranking rather than a title?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
In KH1, "Master" meant the same as "Weilder" on this site. And in KH2, "Master", and "Weilder" never seem to come into play. We refer to Sora and the others as "Weilders", bu6 not "Masters". Why is that?
Maybe because "Master" would be a ranking rather than a title?

Well, in KH1, Riku's words truly did hold truth to them - seeing how there was only one Keyblade in play (Mickey's disregarded since Mickey himself was MIA), there could only be one person wielding it.
You'd imagine the only person capable of a trade would be considered the Master of said trade, since there'd be no one better than him at it.
KH2 however brought in not only Riku and Mickey's Keyblades and even Roxas's own, and thus finally giving Sora some "competition", it also brought in the Organization who at least know of if not directly some real Keyblade Wielders and Masters.
Xigbar said as much himself - Sora was nothing compared to the Wielders he knew back during the time of BBS.

So I can't really go with this as being a fault :\

Qarx

Well, in KH1, Riku's words truly did hold truth to them - seeing how there was only one Keyblade in play (Mickey's disregarded since Mickey himself was MIA), there could only be one person wielding it.
You'd imagine the only person capable of a trade would be considered the Master of said trade, since there'd be no one better than him at it.
KH2 however brought in not only Riku and Mickey's Keyblades and even Roxas's own, and thus finally giving Sora some "competition", it also brought in the Organization who at least know of if not directly some real Keyblade Wielders and Masters.
Xigbar said as much himself - Sora was nothing compared to the Wielders he knew back during the time of BBS.

So I can't really go with this as being a fault :\

Just wondering, when was this? A quote, maybe?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Just wondering, when was this? A quote, maybe?

Xigbar said:
You've really put Organization XIII in a pickle. I guess that must be why the Keyblade chose you. But MAN, did it pick a dud this time. You don't look like you're half the hero the others were.

Nomura later confirmed that Xigbar wasn't just saying things and that he really did know other Wielders, or at least of them.
And then it tied in with the KH2/FM+ secret endings.

Qarx

Nomura later confirmed that Xigbar wasn't just saying things and that he really did know other Wielders, or at least of them.
And then it tied in with the KH2/FM+ secret endings.

I actually remembered that, like, 2 minutes ago XD. Pretty funny, huh?
I see. That's what it was. Still, you know your stuff.

Qarx

Come to think of it, King Triton was the only one who didn't refer to Sora as a "Master". Instead he said "Keyblade bearer". Full quote:
King Triton:
As the Keyblade Bearer you must already know: one must not meddle in the affairs of other worlds.
Maybe he knows a thing or two. Or maybe he just knows the legend: "The Keyblade Bearer brings ruin and chaos" or something like that.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Come to think of it, King Triton was the only one who didn't refer to Sora as a "Master". Instead he said "Keyblade bearer".

Also never underestimate the power of mistranslation.

Maybe he knows a thing or two. Or maybe he just knows the legend: "The Keyblade Bearer brings ruin and chaos" or something like that.

I'm still holding out for Atlantica to be in BBS, actually, so we'd get to see more into that :I

Qarx

Also never underestimate the power of mistranslation.

I'm still holding out for Atlantica to be in BBS, actually, so we'd get to see more into that :I

LOL.

I can't wait. Just... so long as it isn't another musical. Aqua (most likely, since Ventus and Terra don't seem... Terra singing would be funny, but only for a parody) singing is NOT my idea of fun.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Another thing that I someow forgot to mention, but later recalled is the 1000 heartless battle.. wtf? The cutscenes leading up to it were pretty awesome imo, but once you finally reached the "climatic battle," what was it? 1000 of two types of heartless. How anti-climatic is that? It got extremely repetitive and boring real fast. Nice work, Nojima or whoever set-up that scenario. You know, even though they royally piss me off, I'd been glad if there were at least several Crimson Jazz, Morning Stars, or Bookmasters. That would of made my day. Ok, I don't hate Bookmasters, but the other two annoy the crap out of me, but still.. why not add them? Honestly, I'd been glad if it was the 500 heartless battle, now with thirty Crimson Jazz, eleven Morning Stars, fifty Bookmasters, a fifteen Blue Wyverns, and four freakin' Behemoths. Now that, that would of been an epic battle.. imo..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back