• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MLB Offseason

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Alright all the awards are not given out yet, but there are just a few more so far

AL Rookie: Evan Longoria (Tampa Bay)
NL Rookie: Geovany Soto (Chicago Cubs)
I think both of these are well deserved. Longoria was amazing this year, and was a key factor in leading the Rays to a first place finish in the AL East. Soto was amazing for the Cubs. A catched that put up good numbers, and just was amazing. Both easily ran away with their awards and for good reason.

AL Manager of the Year: Joe Maddon (Tampa Bay)
NL Manager of the Year: Lou Piniella (Chicago Cubs)
Both of these manager deserved it. Like their rookies that really ran away with their award. Piniella lead a Cubs team to an amazing lead over the NL Central, and the NL overall (won't talk about playoffs for you cubs fans). Maddon deserved it without a doubt because he turns a last place team into a first place team within a year. Of course he has a lot of talent, but the way he managed that talent and kept all the players sane deserves this award without any second thoughts.

NL Cy Young: Tim Lincecum (San Francisco)
AL Cy Young: Not Yet presented
Now this was surprising. I thought Webb would have this because he wins 22 when it is so hard for a pitcher to get to even 20. Webb played great the whole year and I am just surprised to see him only end up in second. Though I will say seeing Lincecum pitch this year was just wow. I mean this guy was amazing. 256 Ks with 2.62 ERA with 18 of his teams 72 wins. He was brilliant, and every single time I saw him pitch I saw a future Cy Young. I just didn't think it would be this year. I will say that if Lee doesn't win AL Cy Young then they better do a recount cause the vote would be bullshit.

MVPs for the leagues hasn't been decided yet.

Gold Gloves
AL
C: Joe Mauer, MIN
1B: Carlos Pena, TB
2B: Dustin Pedroia, BOS
3B: Adrian Beltre, SEA
SS: Michael Young, TEX
OF: Torii Hunter, LAA
OF: Grady Sizemore, CLE
OF: Ichiro Suzuki, SEA
P: Mike Mussina, NYY
This is a pretty nice list. I really cannoot pick one person out and say he doesn't belong. Joe Mauer I think is the best catcher in the AL right now and Pedroia is possibly the next great second baseman.

NL
C: Yadier Molina, STL
1B: Adrian Gonzalez, SD
2B: Brandon Phillips, CIN
3B: David Wright, NYM
SS: Jimmy Rollins, PHI
OF: Nate McLouth, PIT
OF: Carlos Beltran, NYM
OF: Shane Victorino, PHI
P: Greg Maddux, LAD
Greg wins another. Damn that guy is just plain good. Anyways I am finally glad to see they are finally recogizing Molina as the best catcher. He strkes so much fear into runners. He can throw you out at any base even when your not taking a lead. Everyone else I will say is pretty good. not really any big surprises I guess.

Silver Slugger Awards are released tomorrow and the AL Cy Young is as well. The MVP won't be release till November 18 for AL and November 17 for NL.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
The Silver Slugger Awards
AL
C: Joe Mauer, MIN
1B: Justin Morneau, MIN
2B: Dustin Pedroia, BOS
3B: Alex Rodriguez, NYY
SS: Derek Jeter, NYY
OF: Josh Hamilton, TEX
OF: Carlos Quentin, CWS
OF: Grady Sizemore, CLE
DH: Aubrey Huff, BAL

NL
C: Brian McCann, ATL
1B: Albert Pujols, STL
2B: Chase Utley, PHI
3B: David Wright, NYM
SS: Hanley Ramirez, FLA
OF: Ryan Braun, MIL
OF: Matt Holliday, COL
OF: Ryan Ludwick, STL
P: Carlos Zambrano, CHC

Nice to see the Cards get 2 Silver Sluggers. Pujols most likely just edged out Howard. Howard had the power numbers but Pujols put up great numbers on power numbers while keeping his average high.

AL Cy Young: Cliff Lee
This was just obvious. Lee went 22-3 which is just amazing. He played for a team that he won almost a 1/3 of their games. The guy gave his team a chance to win every single time he took the mound. This guy was ust amazing.

Other Notable Awards
Comback Player of the Year
AL- Cliff Lee
NL-Brad Lidge
Hank Aaron
AL-Kevin Youkilis
NL-Aramis Ramirez
Roberto Clemente- Albert Pujols
Delivery Man of the Year- Brad Lidge
MLB Clutch Performer- CC Sabathia

Of course Lee and Lidge had to win Comeback player. Both had horrible seasons last year. Lee ended up in the minors, and Lidge was just unnoticable after being unstopable in Houston.

Trades:
There are talks for Jake Peavy everywhere. Cubs wanted him, but that fell through. Now the Yanks want him. Just crazy. Now Cubs have the eyes on the Big Unit which I hope he doesn't go cause I don't want my favorite pitcher pitching for our biggest rival. Manny still cannot get signed. He wants to long of a deal. 6 years for a guy who is 36? A little bit too much. Also Holiday from the Rockies went to Oakland for what I thought was a stupid trade cause they gave up a really good closer in Hudson Street and 2 other pitchers for a guy they might only have for a year.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
woo hoo MVP goes to my man Pujols. Of course Howard did put up some great numbers but I don't think power alone can really decide who is MVP. Pujols batted a crazy .357 with 37 homeruns and 116 RBIs. Of course Howard beat him in both HRs and RBIs, but Pujols was so much to his team and was in my mind the best player in the NL this year. He got 18 of the 32 first place votes which was enough to give him the win. I still think it should have been alittle more decieve but that is just me.

AL MVP is annouced tomorrow and I got my money on Justin Morneau taking it home.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well it seems like I am always double posting in the sports threads. Little Late but David Perdioa won the AL MVP. I get the kid is good and no doubt about that. But was he really the best player in the AL this year? My pick would have went to Justin Morneau, but of course the MLB most likely didn't want to have two MVPs that didn't make the playoffs. Thanks for the BS MLB.

Also Mike Mussina retired. Great pitcher and seemed like he was the few good points of the Yankee's rotation the last few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back