• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Everything We Know About Birth By Sleep | Unversed So Far

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

Re: Everything We Know About Birth By Sleep | Unbirths So Far

[size=+2]KINGDOM HEARTS: BIRTH BY SLEEP[/size]
[size=+1]-Famitsu PS3 Interview: August 2008-[/size]

[size=-2](Translated by bittermeats)[/size]​

---In the recent trailer, their are lines alluding to Master Xehanort aiming for those with hearts of pure light. Is Master Xehanort's goal also to take over the world?
Nomura: It certainly indicates what he's interested in, but that's the first of Master Xehanort's intentions.

---The story follows the viewpoints of the three characters individually, but what happens when the three characters interact together?
Nomura: The three characters will start out together, and then afterwards each of their stories will begin respectively. Within the story, the main characters may encounter one another. The three share the main goal of chasing after Master Xehanort who has disappeared, though each character's exact goal is subtly different.

---As for original masters, they who teach the methods of wielding the keyblade to their pupils, do they exist?
Nomura: Not just that, but also the role of keyblade users, since the thoughts of each master differs, it's their spirit being taught. The reason why a master must train others to use the keyblade is explained in this game.

---The voice of Snow White is very quiet.
Nomura: Actually, we choice a voice that matched the old version of "Snow White" that was released in Japan (1950), so it's the original one, so to speak.

---The changes to the style of battling are an interesting idea.
Nomura: Some players might have wanted a change in strategy. Initially, the player was free to rearrange the commands, as proposed by the team in Osaka, now such a form has been expanded upon. They said, "We want a system different than the form changes of Kingdom Hearts II".

---How about the Shoot Lock System?
Nomura: I asked, "is it difficult to implement?" when the system was being worked on, it was also written into the first planning stages. But for Birth by Sleep, there is still a lot hidden within the system.

---What of the enemies called "unbirths"?
Nomura: There is meaning in various ways, adding "un" creates the opposite meaning of "birth" thus the "unbirth". With this, the "unborn" is given real meaning. Unbirths designate the feeling of this game's motif. The kind of existence they have will be revealed soon.

---During a battle, there are various circumstances indicating commands.
Nomura: It's the developed system of the 'reaction command'. At first, the Birth by Sleep system was designed to be closer to the original series, but it has evolved a lot. Because it is considerably high speed, the first time players may be a bit surprised.

---Even the boss battles have been elaborated compared to the previous ones.
Nomura: The Osaka team has a lot of affection for the enemies. It was handed over to the staff and they were asked to please try it out. They were watched over as they played it. When the player had to be more offensive, they said things like, "It's different! I really can be more of a kid!!" or "Ah, it's strange..." (Smiles)

---Their affection is contagious. (Smiles)
Nomura: Anyways, I think that the testing of various things for the battle system is being finished.

A

Audo

[size=+1]-Dengeki PS Interview: August 2008-[/size]

---What about the stories of the three main characters prepared for the PSP title, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep?
Nomura: As for them, their stories begin at the same point on the time axis, but they take separate actions. The worlds they go to are generally the same places, but how they relate with the worlds is what really differs.

For example, after Terra has visited a world that no one has been to yet, afterwards when Ven comes to it, there is a trace of Terra having been there...... That's the feeling of it. The circumstance and information gained for each character is different.

A

Audo

[size=+1]-Dengeki Wii + DS Interview: September 2008-[/size]

――-What kind of theme is drawn up in the story of KH Birth by Sleep (BbS below)?
Nomura: The theme seems to revolves between "connections of the heart" and "fate." When it is played last, the player will understand that the KH story that take place afterwards is one "not of chance, but a story that becomes inevitable." Unlike the tender atmosphere of the older games, this one is serious. Because it is a very sad story, people have asked "how do you manage it?" when involving Disney works. (Smiles) A painful story unfolds. Though KH "isn't that kind of thing", this time we'll try to progress the story in that direction.

――-Terra, Ventus, and Aqua appear as the main three characters, but what kind of characters are each of them?
Nomura: Terra is the type who makes his goal's his highest priority. But he's not a bad fellow, though his stress on obtaining his goals causes conflict. The story of Ventus seems to feel closer to the ones of KH seen so far. He is able to make friends with the dwellers of the worlds he visits and is the type to blend into a world naturally. Aqua is a serious character, she has a steady mind and often worries about the other two. She is eyewitness to the recent events, therefore she takes that sort of a standpoint.

-―-How does the story of these three advance?
Nomura: They advance by taking separate actions on the same time axis. For example, when Terra visits a certain world and the other two people have not been there yet. There by naturally the connection to the particular world changes too. Such story development will really be the charm of BbS.

――-As for the play order of each character, can the player decide?
Nomura: I assume that it's being developed right now. Therefore depending on the order chosen by the player, if they have not played as Terra yet, and they choose Aqua and start visiting worlds with her, they'll understand the actions of Terra early. (Smiles) That might not be what was expected or hoped for, but I think it will be a little interesting.

――-If all 3 characters come together in the ending, will the entire image of the story become clear?
Nomura: Indeed. For instance, the mysteries of Terra are revealed in Ventus's story. Overall, it'll have this type of composition.

――-Terra is power based, and the from the demo it's obvious Ventus is based on combo + speed, but what type of character is Aqua?
Nomura: Aqua is special. As for the type, she is magic based, though it is considerably tricky. Fight while rotating like a spinning object, doing cartwheels, that sort of thing. (Smiles)

――-After grasping the feel of the game play, the combat system seems considerably based on powering up.
Nomura: Seems like it, with locking on to multiple enemies using the Shoot Lock System to attack and customizing the deck of skills. At the demo the deck of skills was already pre set, but in the actual game you'll be able to edit it freely. At first BbS was expected to have a fighting system closest to the older games, but now it seems that KH 358/2 Days is and BbS's system has evolved. The feeling is more like, "you can't fight like Sora with this system," therefore a real taste of managing the keyblade is shown.

――-Of the stories heard in these three titles, it seems BbS will probably be the last to release, are you thinking about future titles after these?
Nomura: Considering the nature the KH series, I do not intend to end it here. Even as BbS is being made, I am thinking about the future and how it connects. Thus, please continue to support the KH series.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

interviews are always good.

what i still dont understand is the importance of mickey being king or not, that just sort of seems irrelevant.

Last edited:

Ven's keyblade

I think that mickey being king or not is relevant to the game because in BBS they may tell us how he becomes king and/or why.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

I think that mickey being king or not is relevant to the game because in BBS they may tell us how he becomes king and/or why.

yeah i get that just what does it have to do with the general story of BBS.

i dunno could be something of huge importance.

bspat13

i dont know if this has been stated or not, but i think that unbirths are those with no soul. so far there have been enemies missing 1 of the 3 main components to a being: heart, body, and soul

heartless=no body
nobodies=no heart
so i'm guessing unbirths=no soul

and for those of you who are saying that heartless don't exist in BBS, they absolutely do because heartless have existed as long as there has been darkness in hearts. so they can and probably will be in BBS, with Maleficent as their "leader" again

my opinion anyway...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

i dont know if this has been stated or not, but i think that unbirths are those with no soul. so far there have been enemies missing 1 of the 3 main components to a being: heart, body, and soul

heartless=no body
nobodies=no heart
so i'm guessing unbirths=no soul

Without a soul, there is no life, so that's out of the question.

and for those of you who are saying that heartless don't exist in BBS, they absolutely do because heartless have existed as long as there has been darkness in hearts. so they can and probably will be in BBS, with Maleficent as their "leader" again

Heartless and nobodies don't appear in BBS, and from Nomura's quote a possible inferrence is that they don't exist in that time yet either:

---Are there new enemies you can confirm that are not shown in the screens?

Nomura: The new enemy is not a Heartless, or a Nobody, because the story takes place before even they appear. I can only give out more information, little by little, as time passes: an example being like the Shadow enemies that are heartless, and the Dusk enemies that are nobodies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

where the hell is everyone getting those avatars.

and the no soul idea id virtually flawed.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

where the hell is everyone getting those avatars.

and the no soul idea id virtually flawed.

Cis is doing them.

Unbirths=Born. That goes without saying. Heartless=Heart, Nobodies=Bodies. So the play on words would still be in effect.

Faris

Perfect Harmony

Cis is doing them.

Unbirths=Born. That goes without saying. Heartless=Heart, Nobodies=Bodies. So the play on words would still be in effect.

i want one :eek:_O:

and i agree with what you have said there. its actually a really weird play on words.

darksora72

i was wondering ... does any one know when the birth by sleep will be released , im a noob to this site lol :)

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

i was wondering ... does any one know when the birth by sleep will be released , im a noob to this site lol :)

All we know right now is it is expected to be released in 2009. No exact date yet.

Vossler

I'll Be His Successor

All we know right now is it is expected to be released in 2009. No exact date yet.
sorry I may be a noob to this site as well but were looking at realse dates of 2010 sorry y guy thats the last update I herd so were looking at two years without BBS

darksora72

really thats too bad im itchy for a new kingdom hearts. i heard about re:chain of memories but birht by sleep looks like a great one.

i heard in then japaneese final mix version u could fight terra at the end of the game as an extra :thumbup:

Faris

Perfect Harmony

really thats too bad im itchy for a new kingdom hearts. i heard about re:chain of memories but birht by sleep looks like a great one.

i heard in then japaneese final mix version u could fight terra at the end of the game as an extra :thumbup:

whether or not it is terra is still unconfirmed.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

sorry I may be a noob to this site as well but were looking at realse dates of 2010 sorry y guy thats the last update I herd so were looking at two years without BBS

Uhhh No. The update you heard was wrong. BBS is still expected to release in 2009 :/

darksora72

yeah bbs is like in may but 358/2 is longer i heard

Charlie K

Back in Business

^ Where is your source, eh bud?

Link, Linkage please?

Edit: 358/2 is out in Febuary for Japan..not AFTER BBS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back