• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ruined Kingdom hearts 2 for me....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rix

:)
Awards
Ok then... here we go.. Again:

Way to linear and short worlds! NO! Visting the worlds twice didn't help at all!

Everything was waaay to easy. Yes, it is cool that Sora can learn all of those moves and combos, but they should have been harder to use.. All you needed to to was constantly pressing X and Sora would do some random combos.

The reaction commands. Looked cool, but could also have been harder like I said about Soras moves and combos. The reaction combos should have been more about perfect timing. For example, if you're pusing triangle at the wrong time, your reaction command will turn out bad and a better result with better timing.

In KH1, the Disney worlds got more involved to the main storyline. Something connected to the main storyline did happen in most of the worlds. The same things can't be said about teh worlds in KH2... Only reason to visit some of the worlds in KH2 is just to finish the journal and collect materials for Ultima weapon, but nothing more*coughAtlanticacough*. The storyline itself could also have needed some work..

Kh1 did have some platforming elements that made the game more fun and challenging. There was rather a lack of platforming in KH2. too bad. It worked really well in KH1.

Lack of character development! Especially for Kairi that didn't really need to be in the game at all.

There is so much more I can say about KH2.. But i could go on forever so I'll stop now. Kh2 did promise so much, but wasn't as good as promised. After all, I did enjoy some parts of the game and it wasn't a complete disaster. It's just that KH1 is so much better.

Rix

Awards
I fixed your statement. It's more precise now.

Ok, thanks :p

Wow! I forgot to mention one of the worst things about KH2. All the unneccessary unimportant cutscenes that told you what do to nesct when it way to obvious anyways.

Raebus

So, how many people have said "You said KH2 fails but it is your opinion and is not true, as I think it is awesome" so far?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I also should have added this. It has to do with KH2 before it's release. You guys may not remember, and I mention this long ago, but there were many a rumors floating around about KH2. What it would include other things, and so on.

One of the rumors that got me was the Day/Night in worlds. It wasn't the fact that it would change to day and night, but certain enemies would come out during these times.

The other I could remember had to do with the worlds how they would be leveled out.

I remember Hercules world being tier in four major areas it was suppose to be
Underworld/Mount Olympus/Athens/The Colosseum

Same was for Beast's Castle
The Castle/The Woods/Town

There were some other things like depending on how well you did in a world you got special items, or other things.

Then the trailer as we all know which I wish it would have kinda played out like that in the original trailer, but oh well.

There are other rumors from before KH2 that made the game seem like the best ever then you get KH2 that's one of the major reasons I was let down.

Rix

Awards
I also should have added this. It has to do with KH2 before it's release. You guys may not remember, and I mention this long ago, but there were many a rumors floating around about KH2. What it would include other things, and so on.

One of the rumors that got me was the Day/Night in worlds. It wasn't the fact that it would change to day and night, but certain enemies would come out during these times.

The other I could remember had to do with the worlds how they would be leveled out.

I remember Hercules world being tier in four major areas it was suppose to be
Underworld/Mount Olympus/Athens/The Colosseum

Same was for Beast's Castle
The Castle/The Woods/Town

There were some other things like depending on how well you did in a world you got special items, or other things.

Then the trailer as we all know which I wish it would have kinda played out like that in the original trailer, but oh well.

There are other rumors from before KH2 that made the game seem like the best ever then you get KH2 that's one of the major reasons I was let down.

Exactly. Well, I wasn't around at forums and stuff when all of the rumours where around so I didn't have those super high expetations for KH2 that many others had. I think that KH2 would have dissapointed me even more if I was around on the forums before KH2s release.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Exactly. Well, I wasn't around at forums and stuff when all of the rumours where around so I didn't have those super high expetations for KH2 that many others had. I think that KH2 would have dissapointed me even more if I was around on the forums before KH2s release.

too bad you're on now, huh? XD
Oh well. 2/3 games being Watanabe and the last one being compared to CoM in importance is pretty damn good odds :3

Endless Warrior Sora

Return of the Kid
Awards
Some of you guys have good points and some i have to diagree with.

1st. Storyline

KH2's storyline was a it predictable and vague but I believe that is mostly because of SE's new additions to the initial gameplay. They added reaction commmands, a lot of new characters, new clothes, and had to tie this all in as a continuation to KH: CoM. Now If I had a four year deadline to start frm almost scratch(because KH2 happened a year after and ou have to foolow up both plots while making advances to everything) I'd care a little less about the plot and a little bit more about new gameplay, even if that includes taking out some features. They completley changed Sora's fighting skills, and his jump, and then had to add in forms. So I believe that people were pleased more with gameplay than plot. But hey, the Orginization and the DiZ plot leading up to Ansem was creative too.

2nd. Mickey

I actually liked Mickey's appearance at the end of boss battles. When you die, you'll have to start off from the last save point or from the beginning of the boss. If the boss is too hard, then you'll have to do it over. Not only did I like how Mickey would appear and make things less tedious, hif fighting syle was unique and cool. He could jump very high and use and unblockable Pearl move. I felt it was pretty genius. And you got to be Mickey in the jacket and the clothes. I don't understand how he knew where Sora was, but hey, if you were about to die wouldnt you want a Keyblade-weilding mouse to come save you? The only thing i didnt like is that if you die against Xemnas and Mickey appears, HE dies in like, 2 hits.

3rd. Gameplay

The gameplay was essentially easy but introducing new gameplay means it has to be easy, you don't want some hard 18 button push for a combo do you? KH2 was probably as easy as it was so if new players came to the game they wouldnt be yelling at the controller at the tough as nails gameplay. Also someone commented at the Reaction Commands, Yes, I believe they can be improved with more interactive combos with the reaction. Especially against a boss. With a boss the reaction can be a completley cool combo but the reaction commands are probably they way they are for now is so that you dont get a super easy way out to kill the boss. It is a boss after all. Yes the gaming was easy and I believe that proud mode was easy also. In Final Mix they adeed a new Difficulty level maybe that solved it?

4. Character Development
There wasn't much but there was some and there were a lot of new characters to introduce so maybe that got in the way. Someone said Kairi didnt get much development. I think she got a fair amout. They showed her going to school now, and she forgot who Sora was, then she talked to Roxas and remembered. Afterward she sent him a letter that was pretty deep. She aquired a KEYBLADE. That is a huuuuge development though it's never seen again. She found Sora and Riku and went home and was happy. Development happened. Sora didint get much besides learning who Roxas was and finding Riku. But look at all the characters who went through character development.
Roxas, Riku, DiZ, Namine, All of Organization 13. Mickey.

5. Continuation
I believe the getting the letter from Mickey wasn't the greates idea, but can you come up with any others? I can't. And how else does he contact them? Arrive at thier peaceful home in a futuristic Gummiship telling them what happens next? Mickey did it in a civilized manner. A letter in a bottle, the tradition of all contact on an ISLAND. It also gives insight that there will be future games and leaves the player wondering what those may be., I mean, Sora found his firends and are back, what else can they do? We'll have to find out. Also someone said not to continue Sora's story. I"ll have to disagree. Because he has a cast of characters that make him and his party kid friendly and cool enough to appeal to everyone. Also thier personalities are pretty good.

Compared to KH1, I don't know, KH1 had better development, storyline, creative battling and puzzles and reacton with the world around them. More colorful and creative script. But KH2 had better fighting sequences, more characters, creative bosses and weapons, more drama(SORA CRIES! Who cries in KH1? Nobody!) and and ok script. If SE adds these two together they'll have a pretty good game on the shelves.

ANYWAY sorry for the long post! Read if you want. I"ll check back here.

Peace,
Sora

Rix

Awards
too bad you're on now, huh? XD
Oh well. 2/3 games being Watanabe and the last one being compared to CoM in importance is pretty damn good odds :3

yeah, I am actually really afraid that 358/days and BBS will be some big let downs for me D:

But I'm still crossing my fingers for a couple of good games.

Actually, my espatations for the games isn't very high either and I'll try to keep it down until I'm playing the games myself ^_^

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Kairi didn't get a Keyblade. Keyblade was Riku's. He let her borrow it for the five seconds she needed to whip Shadow Heartless.
Than came a Creeper and Sora and Riku had to defend her.

Rix, repeat after me (and later on feel free to strangle me should it fail; you'll put me out of my misery too)

Days is a Watanabe game. Repeat.
Days is a...

Rix

Awards
Well, I am a silly silly girl and I do not really know what Watanabe means :/ *feels stupis*

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, I am a silly silly girl and I do not really know what Watanabe means :/ *feels stupis*

There are two people that so far, actually wrote the specific scenarios for the games. Nojima and Watanabe.
They both worked on KH1.
Nojima alone worked on KH2.
Watanabe alone worked on CoM.
See why I'm excited about Days and BBS? :) Watanabe games, baby.

Rix

Awards
Ah, Ok! *feels even more stupid*

But that seems positive :)

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Well Rixam yeah it was a good thing you weren't around. At least at the time this was the only reason I was highly disappointed with the game.

Cause all the rumors sounded so promising it would have actually made the game much longer, and a bit different.

There are other rumors I don't remember, but I also remember Twilight town was suppose to be much bigger.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
What killed the game for me:
  • All the hype
  • The linearized levels
  • Simple gameplay.
Most of all it was the hype, it was so big but the game fell flat.
I was honestly looking for a better experience, I did for the most part but it was like getting the christmas present you always wanted. The box is covered in neat wrapping paper and a bow on top, you open it up and it's what you wanted but not exactly how you viewed it in the first place.

Basically it's like getting a 360 (which I do want) and it's only a 20GB version, the worst one you can get.
Something like that, my vernacular is lacking as of late =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back