• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ruined Kingdom hearts 2 for me....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Was Micky.I know he is central to the plot but did he really have to make so apprances,I'd honestly prefered it when he was a mystories figure,working in the background,only responding to Sora,Donald and Goofy by letter.What made it worse was that you played as him after Sora died, what was the point in this?,was Micky with sora all along?.I'd like your thoughts on this,please.

I disliked Mickey greatly. He is in fact one of the characters I hate the most in the series. Also, him popping up whenever Sora's almost dead to go 'lol I pwn you don't good bye' made me quirk a brow when I found out about it (I never got to use him XD).
He was crucial to the plot, however, what with his link to Riku, effectively making him the only clue Sora really had to getting to Riku.
And then the rat did all the stupidest things he could do about it and eventually led up to Xemnas being able to use it against Sora and lead to his mental breakdown =.=;;;

Mickey being bad at being a successful, somewhat perfect good guy however hardly ruined KH2 for me. At least he had plot value, unlike a certain someone that my dislike towards her earned her a section in my signature >.>

well disney is the ROOT OF ALL EVIL!! but mickey is a cool guy.

Correction -
Disney is the ROOT OF ALL KINGDOM HEARTS!!!

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I disliked Mickey greatly. He is in fact one of the characters I hate the most in the series. Also, him popping up whenever Sora's almost dead to go 'lol I pwn you don't good bye' made me quirk a brow when I found out about it (I never got to use him XD).
He was crucial to the plot, however, what with his link to Riku, effectively making him the only clue Sora really had to getting to Riku.
And then the rat did all the stupidest things he could do about it and eventually led up to Xemnas being able to use it against Sora and lead to his mental breakdown =.=;;;

Mickey being bad at being a successful, somewhat perfect good guy however hardly ruined KH2 for me. At least he had plot value, unlike a certain someone that my dislike towards her earned her a section in my signature >.>

See, this isn't AS MUCH fail, since you at least explain why.

But, you didn't like Mickey?

KH2's (over)use of Mickey made it great to me.

....And the Kairi hate finds room in this post, I see.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
One of the reasons why I hope "Kingdom Hearts 3" isn't a continuation of Sora's story. Leave it at the letter-in-a-bottle. That's all we need. Maybe hint at it in future games to come, but make sure those future games contain new, fresh characters. Please, SE, try to do what's right instead of releasing an Advent Children-esque fanboy/fangirl pleaser.

Too bad for you then that KH as a whole is Sora's Story. Numbered titles also have him specifically as the protagonist, thus - KH3 will have Sora, and lots of him. For the reasons you stated, however, we're not getting KH3 right off the bat since there's not much they can do with it.
That's why they released a total of 3 new games - to give us the new content another Sora-centered game needs to be successful and hopefully not KH2-like.
Then again, as long as Nojima won't work on it alone and Watanabe'll get in there again, we'll be fine :\

See, this isn't AS MUCH fail, since you at least explain why.

It's hardly as much fail as it is for saying people fail for disagreeing with you. Ha.

But, you didn't like Mickey?

Nope. He put Sora through emotional hell. And even had I played him, I doubt I'd have gotten to like him better; I loved Sora regardless of his awesome gameplay. I doubt I'd have gotten to like Mickey as a character over his gameplay, as cool as it might be.

KH2's (over)use of Mickey made it great to me.

...doesn't that mean you died a lot?

....And the Kairi hate finds room in this post, I see.

We're in a hate thread. It's legit.

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
Ximon said:
What ruined Kingdom hearts 2 for me...

was a linear storyline, poor level design, repetitive gameplay, and annoying voiceovers.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
It's hardly as much fail as it is for saying people fail for disagreeing with you. Ha.

I failed? Damn.

Nope. He put Sora through emotional hell. And even had I played him, I doubt I'd have gotten to like him better; I loved Sora regardless of his awesome gameplay. I doubt I'd have gotten to like Mickey as a character over his gameplay, as cool as it might be.

Well, Mickey's gameplay made me like him MORE.

...doesn't that mean you died a lot?

Not necessarily. It means it happened once, I got happy, and died on purpose to play Mickey WHENEVER possible.

We're in a hate thread. It's legit.

Indeed it is.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
mickey was alright but when you got to play as him he was pretty useless against fight like xaldin

agree

and even if you got mickey for that battle you hardly could attack him and if you did it wouldn't take nething out of him

Apollo

Silver Member
I hated how they majorly changed the worlds in KH2. I hated how they became less life like, less interactive, shorter, and to go in a stright line.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that actually liked KHII. The only problems I had was that it was too easy, even on proud, but the gameplay was funnier than KH1. The worlds were smaller but it wasn't too much of a big deal. I liked pretty much everything else about it, and yes, that includes the Atlantica Musical. It was a fun mini-game and a nice change of pase. If you didn't like it, then it sucks to be you. If anyone needs me, I'll be playing "Under The Sea", and liking it!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that actually liked KHII. The only problems I had was that it was too easy, even on proud, but the gameplay was funnier than KH1. The worlds were smaller but it wasn't too much of a big deal. I liked pretty much everything else about it, and yes, that includes the Atlantica Musical. It was a fun mini-game and a nice change of pase. If you didn't like it, then it sucks to be you. If anyone needs me, I'll be playing "Under The Sea", and liking it!

I agree XD;;;
I adore the game on all of its technical levels. The plot could've been better but I do for the most part enjoy what I have.
The day I say "this couldn't get any better!" is the day I'll stop playing because I'll never have fun again.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I don't mind Mickey's role in KH2.

What bothered me was how short and easy it was. I wish it were a bit more complicated.

That and the fact Xaldin annoyed me but I think I'm just not a Xaldin fan. lol.

I was also annoyed at how some parts of the world--you only stayed in for a short while...I mean it was a long game but sitll...

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
What bothered me was how short and easy it was
I mean it was a long game but sitll...
Umm?
I know what you mean though. I thought it was short at first as well but then I realized I clocked in 35 hours of story, which is usually more than most games. I just rushed it xD

Well to those who are saying its easy and short, did you finish Jimminy's Journal at 100% and get all the gummi routes S ranked? I'm at 99%, need those sythnesis notes and items. I got every route above S as well, except Broken Highway :/

Last edited:

Macabre

Gold Member
Yeah, KH2 was too easy.

And I disliked how the worlds were in KH2.
In KH1, the worlds were larger with more areas and another thing I disliked about KH2 was that it didn't have interactivity like in KH1.
But overall KH2 is a good game, just not as good as KH1, IMO.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
See for me its weird. I don't like comparing both games because KH seemed better after I beat KHII, but KHII is much more fun. I played KHII's story several times just for the heck of it. I just went back to KH recently to beat it on Hard and to be honest, its not as difficult as I remembered it was on Normal. I suggest to those who haven't played KH in awhile to go back and play it on Hard and see how "hard" it really is.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It's not fair to compare though, seeing how you're much more skilled now than you were before, both with gaming in general (I mean it; I got better at other games after I raped KH thoroughly), and with KH itself since you know the strategies and quirks.

Macabre

Gold Member
It's not fair to compare though, seeing how you're much more skilled now than you were before, both with gaming in general (I mean it; I got better at other games after I raped KH thoroughly), and with KH itself since you know the strategies and quirks.

Exactly.
First time round, a game might be considered hard by a player, but the reason for that may be because he/she doesn't have enough skill but in the next playthrough, they may go through the game without much difficulty because they'll be more skilled and experienced and will know what to do and where to go in that game.

Key Kaliber

Actually add this to the list of KH2 woes:

The fact that there was no side quests/exploring.

In KH1 you had the trinities, dalmatians, Secret bosses(4), postcards, treasure chests, etc.

This stuff made you want to explore the levels, and now it KH2 you have nothing, and the levels feel so small and plain.

I agree. Sure, the game was really long, but that doesn't automatically make it enjoyable. The storyline was linear, and that intensified because the always knew more than Sora and plus the worlds were very straight-lined you pretty much knew what would happen. And i hated the fact they gave trinities, secret bosses, post cards ect. the shaft. It was just a big let-down for me, they're small things, but they're something.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
only things i liked was all the new attacks, reaction combos, and the ability to switch party members out when ever u wanted

Rix

:)
Awards
Wow... Of all things that ruined Kh2 you said Mickey? Wow.. I'm "impressed".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back