• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What ruined Kingdom hearts 2 for me....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ximon

Was Micky.I know he is central to the plot but did he really have to make so apprances,I'd honestly prefered it when he was a mystories figure,working in the background,only responding to Sora,Donald and Goofy by letter.What made it worse was that you played as him after Sora died, what was the point in this?,was Micky with sora all along?.I'd like your thoughts on this,please.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I don't think Mickey was that bad, but meh, that's my opinion.

Didn't really make a whole lot of appearances, but at least we got something out of him from what he was doing.
Since Riku took up working somewhat behind the scenes, Mickey had other things to do.
Playing as Mickey after Sora died wasn't too bad either. I mean, at least the guy gave him a second chance. Though I never got how he got to Sora unless he was stalking him....

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I thought that Mickey was all right. In a way, I actually preferred that he was shown more than before but I wonder whatever happened to his red boxers. If I am correct, he was wearing them in KH1.

Keeping a character mysterious too long kind of ruins it for me.

rexenXIII

Website
www.myspace.com
Like everyone else above me, Mickey didn't really ruin the game for me.

I kind of don't like how the story is told in KH2. Let me explain:

Those that played KHCoM before KH2 already know a lot (ie: Axel, Namine, the fact that Sora was sleeping).
After playing Roxas, you know even more, like some of Organization XIII's intentions, more DiZ moments, and Axel again.
When you start playing as Sora, you know way more than he does, and IMO makes me feel omnipotent and not part of the game.

In KH, you know as much as Sora knows, and feels more like you're in Sora's place instead of just watching a game being played out.

Well that's what I think :) Now I'm done with my rant.

A

Azrael

Was Micky.I know he is central to the plot but did he really have to make so apprances,I'd honestly prefered it when he was a mystories figure,working in the background,only responding to Sora,Donald and Goofy by letter.What made it worse was that you played as him after Sora died, what was the point in this?,was Micky with sora all along?.I'd like your thoughts on this,please.

Mickey was alright, everything else in KH2 phailed

Ryuki90

Mickey's not really ruining..But maybe they should lessen the part where he wears the org. coat.
it's not really suitable...

tevlen

I saw the coat as more of the mark of an out lander; Sora, Donald and Goofy being the only real out lander's to not wear them. Non-Organization members like Riku (in 2), Ansem (the villain from the first game, even though his was brown), king Micky all wore them.
I liked that Micky was so mysterious in the first game, but then again, there was a lot going on in the first game that the player really didn't understand. In the second game, all these things were revealed and there was a greater degree of understanding as to why these events unfolded how they did; Micky was no longer a mysterious figure playing in the background, but instead, Riku and (to some extent) DiZ were the enigmatic figures acting behind the scenes. I liked this change, it was a break from the usual formula of "there's this one guy always playing the background, and hes always the same guy even as the mystery changes".

xegerog

i thought mickey was better in kh2 than he was in kh1.
at least he was there in kh2
and for u guys that are saying that kh2 failed that is your opinion and i thought it was an amazing game

rexenXIII

Website
www.myspace.com
^No one said that KH2 failed. Only one person said that Mickey ruined the game, and that was the person who made the thread. Both KH and KH2 had their own pluses and minuses (I don't even that was spelled right lol)

Last edited:

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I say Mickey was a great Character. One of my personal favroite.

Dark Horizon

I never died, so I never got to play as him =\

What took away from the game for me, though, was Atlantica. SINGING MINIGAMES?
SERIOUSLY?

That was just stupid, imo.

natu133

What ruined it for me was 2 things..
1. The plot..for some reason it just didn't have the seriousness like Kingdom Hearts 1 and CoM did...I dont know how I can explain it though.

2. The Cutscene Graphic transition thing. How it goes from an Actual Cutscene, To a Cutscene with Graphics how you would normally play.

Everything else I Enjoyed..

XenonSovereign

The End Boss of KHInsider
My only complaint is how come no one said 'Damn Mouse!' whenever he came out. Like...Xaldin BARELY minded.

And when you fight Armored Xemnas, how the hell does Mickey get there when he's trapped on the other side of that door.

natu133

My only complaint is how come no one said 'Damn Mouse!' whenever he came out. Like...Xaldin BARELY minded.

And when you fight Armored Xemnas, how the hell does Mickey get there when he's trapped on the other side of that door.

I KNOW! how do Kairi and Mickey end up with Sora,Riku,Donald,Goofy when the door closed on them!?

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards

Holy crap
Your right

i did hate the fact mickey couldn't kill the bosses :/

natu133

and they needed three Keyblades to open in the first place, so Mickey and Kairi couldn't have opened it...

and Mickey was good for weakening them atleast..then you had to go back into Sora to kill them :(

and how come when you died at a gummi ship mission Mickey would help you!?! and Agaisnt Demyx! He was right ontop of the cliff, and he couldnt be bothered to ask sora if he needed help

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
Mickey gets sick pleasure from watching Sora die >.>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back