• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you get/do you want KH RE:CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soren

Awards
Re: The official Re:CoM in America thread.

the original reasoning behind SE not releasing FM+ outside of Japan is that Americans don't buy remakes/director's cuts.

They don't. I didn't know that. Guess that explains whyt everytime a remake was released state side it was released as the orignal game. Like how they did Star Ocean 3 when we got the director's cut without getting the original game.

Seriously though, I think the Americans who play the originals will play the remakes just cause they're remakes with additional features. Of course, that limits who will play it to fans of the previous version who WANT a remake, thus SE would probably not make as much money or lose money in the process. Thus why SE is not big on sending remakes to America.

Is that right?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

So they don't release a remake/director's cut by releasing a remake/director's cut?

Yeah... That makes sense.

He's making a general statement. SE doesn't usually release Director's Cuts here (though, they do ship remakes quite often (see: DS FFIV, DS FFIII, PSP FFT:WotL, etc). However, exactly why they do this is debatable in and out of itself.

Seriously though, I think the Americans who play the originals will play the remakes just cause they're remakes with additional features. Of course, that limits who will play it to fans of the previous version who WANT a remake, thus SE would probably not make as much money or lose money in the process. Thus why SE is not big on sending remakes to America.

Is that right?

What I'm usually told is that the american market is pretty different from the japanese one and that american gamers are more casual and won't buy the same game again just because of some new features. =/ I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about business.

But this is something that can be discussed to death without reaching a solid conclusion. There are so many factors to consider it's pointless trying to predict an outcome.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 36435

You see I used the logic that SE told the mass public.
They originally didn't want to release Re:CoM and FM+ in America for the reason I stated above.
If you're going to bitch write a letter to Square.

As I've stated before Re:CoM is more exciting the FM+ since I'm a CoM fan. I've beaten it several times and have gotten Sora to 99 and Riku to 87.

SE doesn't usually release Director's Cuts here (though, they do ship remakes quite often (see: DS FFIV, DS FFIII, PSP FFT:WotL, etc).
Basically this.

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess

So, those of us who didn't get a chance to play the original can?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Actually, I personally think that
getting more plot >>>> getting a game we've played before in 3D as opposed to 2D.
I don't really know the added value Re:CoM has over CoM in that aspect, but I do know what KH2:FM+ has over KH2 - and that's a lot I really really want :\
I will agree on the plot, although the only parts I saw were Terra's fight and the secret ending. But anyways, as I said, It would be nice to have, but I'm expecting this game because it also has voice acting in it too. Sneek peak at who we'll be hearing in our DS game.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

As I've stated before Re:CoM is more exciting the FM+ since I'm a CoM fan. I've beaten it several times and have gotten Sora to 99 and Riku to 87.

My KH2 Sora is level 99 in each and every playthrough of mine :\

I will agree on the plot, although the only parts I saw were Terra's fight and the secret ending.

Well, those alone are more than enough plot, imo :\
Then we have the like 9 or so scenes that KH-vid translated.
Then there's at least the scene that explains why despite being ordered to do so, Riku didn't kill Namine. And lots of other scenes from the novels.
It's like... from 0% plot the game moved to about 30%, and that's a freaking lot.

But anyways, as I said, It would be nice to have, but I'm expecting this game because it also has voice acting in it too. Sneek peak at who we'll be hearing in our DS game.

Eh. Iono, lacking voices in CoM never was an issue for me.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

He's making a general statement. SE doesn't usually release Director's Cuts here (though, they do ship remakes quite often (see: DS FFIV, DS FFIII, PSP FFT:WotL, etc). However, exactly why they do this is debatable in and out of itself.

Maybe they base it off the US Sales of the previous entries.
Like the first two Fullmetal Alchemist games, they didn't sell too well so they decided not to bring the third to the US. But since FF is such a well-selling series here in the US as well as Japan, they decide to bring them over here.......Sorry I just felt like ranting:laugh:

D

Deleted member 36435

Leveling in KH2 is far faster then it is in Chain of Memories, mate.
I can get do 60 -> 99 in KH2 in about 1 hour of gameplay.
It took me like 10 hours to get from 60 -> 99 in Re:CoM.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator

I never said I didn't understand Squares point nor that I don't like the fact that Re:COM is getting brought stateside.

My complaint is that JUST Re:Com and the price of which it is. If they had done this... I don't know, when it was first released, I might be a little less mad but after the long wait... Lame.

There is really no reason to NOT release the entire pack together.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Using the Pride Lands trick or not?

I never said I didn't understand Squares point nor that I don't like the fact that Re:COM is getting brought stateside.

My complaint is that JUST Re:Com and the price of which it is. If they had done this... I don't know, when it was first released, I might be a little less mad but after the long wait... Lame.

I agree with this. =/

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

since it's 29.99. most people would be able to afford the game especially little kids and people who have little money.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

You want a screencap showing I've 90 so game hours on that save or will you take my word for it?
The level doesn't really show how much you've played. I'd be way over level 99 if that was an issue.
CoM gameplay <<<<<<< KH2 gameplay, that's a fact.
Point - I played a lot more on KH2 than I did on CoM. I believe a lot of people did the same. Also, remember that you can't continue playing from a previous game or whatnot in KH2; my Sora would've been level 645743 or something then.

D

Deleted member 36435

Using the Pride Lands trick or not?
Not.
Experience boost on all characters and the Gullwing keyblade.
Make yourself have "red" HP and run through TWTNW.
Doesn't take long at all.

You want a screencap showing I've 90 so game hours on that save or will you take my word for it?
The level doesn't really show how much you've played. I'd be way over level 99 if that was an issue.
CoM gameplay <<<<<<< KH2 gameplay, that's a fact.
Point - I played a lot more on KH2 than I did on CoM. I believe a lot of people did the same. Also, remember that you can't continue playing from a previous game or whatnot in KH2; my Sora would've been level 645743 or something then.
I've logged over 200 hours in KH1.
73 hours in CoM.
34 in KH2.

However, the FM+ vs Re:CoM argument is pointless since there is no answer, just opinion.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

Kingdom Hearts 2 Remake: for the few extra features your getting, 20$
Chain of memories remake: Voice acting added, full 3D battles compared to the 2D game, 30$???
This is how I'm seeing it when it started at 50 USD from where my friend bought it.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

I don't think 30 dollars is expensive for a newly-released videogames.
No matter what the size, when most games come out, they're like, fifty bucks.

AppleFreak

no, that take much time...

fight nobody in TWTNW give you 1000exp

but the smaller one had smaller exp, around 200exp

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

Usually I have to be in a very speficic mood to enjoy CoM. It's not something I can just pop into my PS2 and play. =/

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

I don't think 30 dollars is expensive for a newly-released videogames.
No matter what the size, when most games come out, they're like, fifty bucks.

Remakes and Re-Releases are like that (ex. Devil May Cry 3: SE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back