• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chains of Memories discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Will you get/do you want KH RE:CoM?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MosesMohs

I'm sure that we'll at least get Re: CoM. I mean, when ya look at it, has Square ever kept a totally new game in the KH series just to one country? Even if we don't get FM+, I'm sure they'll give us ReCoM as its own title. But then again, I'm just looking on the bright side.

i really hope they do that.
i'd sure love it, & i'm sure over thousands of people would too.

Now, I have stated this before, but I believe that Square isn't mentioning an international release because, maybe they have to record voices for a US release. Remember how much trouble that was for KH2? Perhaps they just don't wanna get an American release date until they are SURE they can make it on time.

shoot, if i have to i'll go over there myself & do a voice over.
i want that damn game.

But, as for the game itself, it looks so pwn. Since I have no GBA,this will be a new experience. ^o^ -spazz- Plus, there's Zexy-kun, and since this is CoM, Riku will have his KH1 look. -shot- Yes, I prefer that design.

~Mega

ohh, trust me it is. it's actually my favorite, even though it's on GBA. xP
when i first got it, i thought the card playing would be hard to pull off. But it's surprisingly easy.

*Marluxia

i really hope they do that.
i'd sure love it, & i'm sure over thousands of people would too.

shoot, if i have to i'll go over there myself & do a voice over.
i want that damn game.

ohh, trust me it is. it's actually my favorite, even though it's on GBA. xP
when i first got it, i thought the card playing would be hard to pull off. But it's surprisingly easy.
I want both games..Both are really cool..Yes and I'm one of those thousand people..^^

Martine

Gah, I really wish that they could dub and sub this game, and then release it here in Europe..:cursing:
It would be much better if they made it only for the PS2 in the first place I think. If they did so, we would have the whole series in 3D.. I bet SE would have made more money on it too..

Blue

home is where the heart is
Gah, I really wish that they could dub and sub this game, and then release it here in Europe..:cursing:
It would be much better if they made it only for the PS2 in the first place I think. If they did so, we would have the whole series in 3D.. I bet SE would have made more money on it too..

They actually made quite a lot of money,having sold CoM for the GBA AND for the PS2 (FM+).

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
hopefully square enix could release this time some time in the future in america. if anyone asks, i already imported the game... and it's pretty fun.

gunh0ld413

- Square Enix announced they will release the English version of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for PS2 in Q4 2008, for $29.99. The game is a 3D remake of the GBA version, with additional stories and character not found in the original.

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
ha so now the game is officially coming out, now thats cool. glad to hear we get a new KH game after so long :(

D

Deleted member 36435

Official Re:CoM in North America Thread

Well, its finally been announced and dated for America.
December 2, 2008.

khrecom_front.jpg

This is a link to the announcement said:

Fans Can Now Complete Their KINGDOM HEARTS Experience, as the Missing Link Makes Its Way to North American Shores for the First Time
Los Angeles (September 19, 2008)
Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix® interactive entertainment products in North America, and Disney Interactive Studios, announced today that KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories will be released for North American audiences on December 2, 2008.

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories is the essential piece that bridges the gap between KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II. Originally released in 2004 for Game Boy® Advance, this full 3D rendition on the PlayStation®2 has never been released in North America — this is an entry in the KINGDOM HEARTS saga that fans of the series can’t miss!

STORY

Sora, Donald and Goofy travel down a long road that meanders through endless fields, and come to a crossroads. As Sora stands in the crossroads, he gazes up at the night sky and thinks of his lost friends.

Just then, a mysterious man approaches from down one of the branching paths. "Ahead lies something you need," he says, "but to claim it, you must lose something dear." The man vanishes before a single path, leading to a castle that eerily resembles a girl's drawing...

In the coming journey, what will Sora and his companions gain, and what will they lose?

FEATURES

World-renowned creator and character designer Tetsuya Nomura and his team once again unite the magical world of Disney with the characters of FINAL FANTASY®, inviting fans to an enchanting gaming experience
An essential piece in the KINGDOM HEARTS franchise, which has shipped over 12 million units across the globe, comes to North America at long last
In addition to Sora, players can control Riku in this adventure that bridges the gap between KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II
A full 3D remake of the original GBA release, KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories offers a refreshing rendition of the hit title for the PlayStation 2 system
The talented voice cast from the North American releases of KINGDOM HEARTS and KINGDOM HEARTS II, including David Gallagher and Haley Joel Osment, return to breathe new life into the beloved characters
The mini-game catalog has been completely renewed, now with four brand new experiences accompanying the main adventure

KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories has not yet been rated by the ESRB. Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at Entertainment Software Rating Board for more information about ratings. KINGDOM HEARTS Re:Chain of Memories will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $29.99(USD).

About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.
Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises - FINAL FANTASY, which has sold over 85 million units worldwide, and DRAGON QUEST®, which has sold over 45 million units worldwide - under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.

Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing, and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at SQUARE ENIX Global.
About Disney Interactive Studios
Disney Interactive Studios is the interactive entertainment affiliate of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS). Disney Interactive Studios self publishes and distributes a broad portfolio of multi-platform video games and interactive entertainment worldwide. The company also licenses properties and works directly with other interactive game publishers to bring products for all ages to market. Disney Interactive Studios is based in Glendale, California, and has five internal game development studios around the world including Avalanche Software, Fall Line Studio, Propaganda Games, Black Rock Studio and Junction Point Studios. For more information, log on to Disney Interactive Studios - Video Games.

Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing, and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at SQUARE ENIX Global.
® 2008 Disney. KINGDOM HEARTS ® Disney. Developed by SQUARE ENIX.
Characters from FINAL FANTASY video game series: ® 1990, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2004 Square Enix Co., Ltd. All Rights Reserved. DRAGON QUEST, FINAL FANTASY, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. Game Boy Advance is a trademark of Nintendo. “PlayStation” and the “PS” Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Article:
1up.com said:
Here's hoping that you like your Final Fantasy with a heaping helping of Mickey, Donald and Sora. Because, starting with the upcoming Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories remake for the PS2, that's what you're going to be getting for a while.
In the wake of earlier reports of a Chain of Memories remake for the PS2, Square-Enix has confirmed that the remake of the card-based Game Boy Advance title, to be titled Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories will indeed be coming to North American audiences December 2. Yeah, we think the title sounds a bit like spam mail too.

It'll be featuring Sora as well as semi-antagonist Riku as playable characters, so if you want to study up on the events that took place between Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 before the onslaught begins, this is your big chance.

Other features include new mini-games and a returning cast that includes David Gallagher and Haley Joel Osmont, and will have a suggsted retail price of $29.99. So what do you think, Kingdom Hearts fans? Ready to chain up some more memories?

Rejoice and discuss in this thread.

Editor Note section - anyone editing this post put your notes in this quote box.
Deeman Note: Also, thanks to forum member aros, 1UP has posted a little article on the matter. That can be read here.
-
Victor Note in response to Deeman:
Article - See above
-
R-K Note: The official box art has now been revealed on the Square-Enix Member's Site.
See image above
-
Victor Note #2: Post has been revamped.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Re: The official Re:CoM in America thread.

I had a joygasm when I read the article.

12/2/08 can't come fast enough.

D

Deleted member 36435

Same, I definitely have to set aside some cash for this.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

Haley's older voice Coming out of Sora's younger self. Wonder how thats gonna be.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice

Wonder what Larxene, Vexen, Lexeaus, Zexion, and Marluxia's voice will sound like.

And we get a confirmation on how we're supposed to pronounce Marluxia! Yay!

D

Deleted member 36435

Mar-loox-ee-uh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back