• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Glasses

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodgift

How about it?
Well....

I may need glasses, I have never worn anything like them before, except sunnys and by being silly but not forever, I'm going for an eye test today and don't know whatt glasses are like....

Does anyone have any experience with them??

Ren

adios motherfucker
I had glasses for years and years, and they never bothered me. They're not difficult to get used to. :)
If it turns out that they bother you too much, switch to contacts (I wear both).

Bloodgift

How about it?
Oh and I have another question, which would cost more?? Contacts or Glasses??

I only were glasses. People say I look better with glasses on.

Uh, they don't take a long time to get used to. At all.

I can't really talk about contacts, never tried them, yet.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Contacts would probably cost more, because you have to replace them every year. One year's supply can cost anywhere from $100-$150.
Glasses also fall under that range, but do not need to be replaced yearly.

I wear contacts because they're far more convenient than glasses once you get used to them.
However, if you're planning on getting surgery any time soon (which I doubt, but this is useful to know XD), you'll want to stop wearing contacts several months before the operation and wear glasses, as contacts change the shape of your eye.

Bloodgift

How about it?
Thanks guys!! I will post if I have to wear glasses or not later, Thanks again for the answers...I hope I dont need to wear anything but I know that it wont be that hard if I do!

afrobutt

Silver Member
I had glasses for years and years, and they never bothered me. They're not difficult to get used to. :)
If it turns out that they bother you too much, switch to contacts (I wear both).

Don't listen to this. Glasses suck, so much.

A HUGE piece of advise, don't make it a habit of wearing them. If you only need them for seeing the TV or a board, then only use them for that. The longer you wear them, the worse your eyesight gets. If you wear them everyday, all day, you'll become compleatly reliant on them (coming from a guy who can't read this text without his glasses.)

You're better off getting contacts now, and then getting used to them. Not sure what your age is, but the earlier you get used to contacts, the better. I know guys who have had contacts since they were young, and have no trouble with them. I also know guys who get them in High School, who can never put them in. It's quite troublesome.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Don't listen to this. Glasses suck, so much.

A HUGE piece of advise, don't make it a habit of wearing them. If you only need them for seeing the TV or a board, then only use them for that. The longer you wear them, the worse your eyesight gets. If you wear them everyday, all day, you'll become compleatly reliant on them (coming from a guy who can't read this text without his glasses.)

You're better off getting contacts now, and then getting used to them. Not sure what your age is, but the earlier you get used to contacts, the better. I know guys who have had contacts since they were young, and have no trouble with them. I also know guys who get them in High School, who can never put them in. It's quite troublesome.

No, they're not difficult to get used to. I don' t know about you, but they've never proven to be extremely bothersome unless you bought the wrong size. Unless you're iffy about glasses being ugly or something, which isn't always true.
I do agree that it might be a smart choice going with contacts first.
Also, both contacts and glasses will decrease chances of your vision improving. Contacts more so because people tend to leave them in all day, as opposed to glasses when you can simply take them off.

I didn't get contacts until high school, and they work perfectly fine. o_O

afrobutt

Silver Member
No, they're not difficult to get used to.

I agree, they're not. It's once you get used to them that they become a pain in the ass.

I don' t know about you, but they've never proven to be extremely bothersome unless you bought the wrong size.

I've gone through about 10 pairs of glasses, and they all broke the the stupidest reasons. Perfect example was earlier this year. I had a pair of glasses, and this was the one year where I didn't do anything to have them break. Then, one morning, I picked up my glasses and the screw popped out. For no apparent reason other then to piss me off >:

Perhaps I have bad luck, but I've always found that they are such a damn bother.

I didn't get contacts until high school, and they work perfectly fine. o_O

Some ppl are able to adapt to contacts quickly, but I've found that most ppl can't put them in. I'm just saying it's easier if you get used to them at a young age.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I've gone through about 10 pairs of glasses, and they all broke the the stupidest reasons. Perfect example was earlier this year. I had a pair of glasses, and this was the one year where I didn't do anything to have them break. Then, one morning, I picked up my glasses and the screw popped out. For no apparent reason other then to piss me off >:

Perhaps I have bad luck, but I've always found that they are such a damn bother.

Ahh, I see. I understand why they would be such a bother to you :/ I've only ever broken one pair.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
I wore glasses for almost two years.(Looked like harry Potter)
Now I have worn contacts for about two years.
I have to change them once every two weeks. If you don't they hurt really bad when you put them in and take them out. They also hurt at random times during the day.

So if you can deal with a little pain, then I would go with contacts.

T

Tattered Rebirth

Huge tip for glasses. MAKE SURE YOU WASH YOUR FACE! I've worn glasses for 7 years, finally switched to contacts 2 years ago. And for those 7 years, I had zits like crazy, because my glasses were always moving, and I had to move them back up my face.

bwak, if they hurt during the day, you're not cleaning them out right at night. If you wear them all the time, I recommend buying drops that re-hydrate your eyes.

Bloodgift

How about it?
Thankyou everyone for your suggestions...it's a pity about my eyes, apparently they are only going to get worse QUICKLEY!! Glasses now for only reading things and watching things but he said they will get worse and I will have to put them on more often as the years fly by.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I wear glasses around my house, and contacts outside. Personally, I like the contacts better, but glasses are fine, especially if you're just around the house doing nothing.

Rae

AYY FUTURE FISH
Deep in the hundred acre wood where Christopher Ro
Website
kurotofu.tumblr.com
:(

I've been wearing glasses for...-counts- around 6 years. If I were to choose (again), I'd go for glasses. Contacts can irritate your eyes. x_x (this coming from someone whose cousin's eyes got damaged by contact lenses) Also, it's a pain to look for a dropped contact lens. xD Really, although you look better with contacts, glasses are safer...IMO.

And about glasses that suddenly lost its screw... heh, I've experienced this. If you don't want that to happen, then get yourself a pair of glasses with at least half-frame. Frameless glasses often have this problem. :D Or get yourself a good, tough one.

By the way, does wearing glasses all the time really affect your eyesight that much? Because I wear them all the( time other than when sleeping and taking a bath. o_o

Ren

adios motherfucker
By the way, does wearing glasses all the time really affect your eyesight that much? Because I wear them all the( time other than when sleeping and taking a bath. o_o

Both wearing contacts and glasses will affect your eyesight. Because you're seeing with perfect vision when you have them in, your eyes won't get any better. :/

I guess both contacts and glasses have their drawbacks. I've dropped contacts quite a few times. And I'm pretty reckless about wearing them. I wore them in all day and night the first year, and the eye vessels started popping up. They don't heal unless you stop wearing contacts for an extended period of time, either :/

Rae

AYY FUTURE FISH
Deep in the hundred acre wood where Christopher Ro
Website
kurotofu.tumblr.com
Well, with my current eye condition (-6.50 both eyes), I've given up getting better anyway. -sigh- ah, yeah, right, by the way, ans, how are your eyes?

And you're right about drawbacks there, Ren. If you wear glasses, it'll be pretty easy to break it, bend it,... maybe the best solution for eye problems is to laser the problem to hell...

Ren

adios motherfucker
Well, with my current eye condition (-6.50 both eyes), I've given up getting better anyway. -sigh- ah, yeah, right, by the way, ans, how are your eyes?

And you're right about drawbacks there, Ren. If you wear glasses, it'll be pretty easy to break it, bend it,... maybe the best solution for eye problems is to laser the problem to hell...

I want to get surgery sometime. Hopefully I won't be afraid of surgery when I'm older. >.O
By the way, I love your sig. XD

Elorah

Awards
Some advice, if you're deciding to go for contacts, get glasses as well. Also, when you're wearing contacts, you should start off wearing them for a couple of hours, with the amount you wear them gradually increasing until you can last the day without any irritation.

With glasses, just rememeber to always have them with you if there's anything you need to see. It's really annoying when you realize you've forgotten them xD

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
And about glasses that suddenly lost its screw... heh, I've experienced this. If you don't want that to happen, then get yourself a pair of glasses with at least half-frame. Frameless glasses often have this problem. :D Or get yourself a good, tough one.

Oh God, the dreaded loss of a screw. That is always a pain in the butt.

They may. I would suggest also taking glasses off when you're really not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back