• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dream a little Dream - Unbirth theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Stop rolling your eyes at me!
Yes, yes, "oh no, not another one", well RK approves, so there! HA HA HA!

Well, here's my two cents, nah nah~
...ok, seeing how long this turned out, I'd raise it to a dollar XD;

We already had Heartless being the Hearts fallen to the Darkness.
We had the Nobodies which are the Bodies and Souls left behind.
As for Unbirths...? We only know they are those blueish, red-eyed thingies TAV needs to beat up.
Quite a few people theorized they were Soul+Heart mixture, but that would almost likely mean death...?
Others went along with them being related to Memories.
I took both of those... and went one step ahead. Or side-ways. Whichever floats your boat.

I'm saying the Unbirths are made of Dreams.

Seeing how they were the base for Heartless, they couldn't be anything directly related to the process creating the Heartless, but some say Dreams are your Soul leaving your Body while remaining attached to it. What if we ended up getting our Soul counterpart after all?
That was a side point, however.

Main point -

Birth By Sleep, yo.
That's how dreams are made - when you close your eyes and snooze away. That means, however, that the people are busy sleeping, and not being "alive" - thus the irony in the name "Unbirth".
Like the Heartless which are actually the Hearts, and the Nobodies which are actually the physical entity, the body, the Unbirths were actually given birth very much, spank you kindly.
The Heartless however lost all emotion when falling to the Darkness.
The Nobodies lost their "Somebody"-ness because they no longer had anyone to be.
The Unbirths left the "Dreamer" cut off from life - canceling the Dreamer being alive yet without killing him.

Seeing how they are no longer around, one has to ask himself - what made them all go away?
I ask - maybe that's why MX was after Kingdom Hearts. Seeing everything we did, Kingdom Hearts can just about go anything, and it effectively being a moon only adds to the concept of sleep, symbolizing night and dreams.
The Kingdom Hearts that caused the Unbirths to be Dreamt was taken apart or sealed away after the events of BBS - as shown in KH1. One had to go into the Darkness, and even then it was locked tight behind the Door to Darkness. That kept it from interfering further.
The Kingdom Hearts in KH2 is irrelevant mostly for it is incomplete, and then destroyed by AtW.
Thus the Unbirths could have only been created prior to KH1 - namely, in BBS.

Kingdom Hearts being out of the picture might just have been what enabled Xehanort to create the Heartless and as a result the Nobodies, especially if we say he's related to Terra, MX, or the both of them.
He simply focused on another portion of the being to create different creatures, only those resulted in complete separation, making for two beings.

(Added 19/8/08)
The more I think about it, now, the more it makes sense to me in an odd way if I think about the fairy tale/legend Kairi's Grandmother told Kairi - at the end, the Light only remained in the Hearts of children - and children are prone to Dreams... perhaps because of this? The Grownups used to Dream... then Darkness took over everything, making the Dreams turn into Unbirths... and then the Dreams remained only in the Hearts of Children which were full of Light...

Much like the Heartless and the Nobodies, I believe there are consequences to be faced when beating an Unbirth - as opposed to returning it to its Dreamer, much like returning Namine and Roxas to Kairi and Sora was.
I believe that would mean the Dreamer was to wake up. The parts of his being necessary to go on have returned and his Unbirth has been canceled, enabling him to return back to life.
That means, however, that destroying the Unbirth would doom the Dreamer. The possibility of having the Unbirths purified by the Keyblade arises, but there is still the very valid possibility that TAV's Keyblades are fake. Thus, the Unbirths they defeat - are not to wake up.
That might explain the many many Keyblades we see in the Secret Endings - be it either the Keyblades belonging to the Keyblade Wielders who fell asleep but cannot wake up anymore, or - the Unbirths themselves once beaten instead of being returned to their Dreamer.
This can explain oh so many Keyblades along the way in so many ways.
I'm pretty sure the time-line Kills this, but should Sora be Dreaming, it would nicely explain Roxas's Keyblades despite Sora still being around.
Raise the issue of Xion being dreamed too at your own risk. It's possible through this, but I don't want to get into it right now.

I believe DS can be explained like this.
We know he fell to Darkness but is not a Heartless nor a Nobody. I believe his kind is what might happen when an Unbirth is destroyed instead of returned to its Dreamer.
MX saying DS is his mistake and asks Terra to correct it might point at MX's failure to wake up his student, and is thus asking Terra to either wake DS up, or put him out of his misery, seeing how he cannot wake up - his Dream was destroyed, thus the Dreamer is no more, left to be filled with Darkness.
It might even be that MX, being a Keyblade Master, is strong enough to have an Unbirth while awake. However, he cannot defeat his own Dream for it is a part of himself, thus he asks Terra to do it for him (assuming he's talking about DS in that scene, of course).

And now onwards - to the

Ven Section

Because a good BBS theory cannot be without direct connection to at least one of TAV's members.

Ven can be used as basis for quite a few parts of this theory.

Despite MX apparently having met Ven, Ven cannot remember MX.
One cannot freely remember things while dreaming, for the subconscious is doing the talking.
MX says Ven is "losing it". Perhaps Ven is "falling asleep", losing touch with reality.
Ven is well on his way to create an Unbirth.

The following is something that seemed patched up well enough, but I realize I will probably not be able to back it up, so take it with a grain of salt and possibly even an excerpt from a fanfic, if you will. This is all to your enjoyment, after all.

A much less likely theory but one that still needs to be raised is about Ven's relation to Sora.
One or the other might be the Dreamer, while the other is the Unbirth - the dream.
While being rather unsettled with this, I find it somewhat possible that Ven is Sora's Unbirth in a manner similar to how DS is MX's Unbirth while awake.
Sora has a vivid imagination; He still ended up receiving the Keyblade along the way, meaning that for whatever reasons, he's a Heart worthy of one. Add his young age, naivety and vivid imagination, and he might've conjured something he himself is unaware of.
Sora, however, is possibly waking up, thus Ven is losing himself. Also why his Keyblade is a half-done design of the KK - Sora based it on Ven's Keyblade as many base things in the waking world on things seen in dreams.
The top notch of this part is Ven asking to be erased. This could range from him wanting to "wake up", and thus "erasing" is the manner in which that is done, or he could even resent Sora for waking up, and thus wants to "take him down with him" - both also elements seen in Roxas, Ven's look-alike.
Then of course we have Sora turning into a Heartless and creating Roxas, who - lo and behold - looks like that Dream from so long ago.

This theory can have a twist based on the inner struggle between Sora and Roxas - what if Ven chose to disappear, leaving the Dream - Sora - in charge? Sora would be whole for he has everything Ven had including the part which took off to form Sora, but the Sense of Self would be the cheerful, grinning boy that has fun in the sand.
This can be killed with fire because Sora has parents, but should they be related to Ven as well, or he had a sibling which passed away and Sora fills that place in, it's possible.
Then I'll remind myself family matters not in KH and move on.

Both theories would explain why Terra gave Riku the Keyblade - because he was near Sora, whom is obviously related to Ven.

Another option is that whomever did Dream Ven is either waking up - or is no longer able to do so. As a result, Ven needs a new Dreamer.
That's when Terra finds Sora and offers him the most wonderful of Dreams.
Again, Terra handing Riku the Keyblade is explained - to watch over the boy Dreaming Ven.

There're many more possible ways to put the base of the theory into effect, but at the moment that's the best I could come up with.
Feel free to share your thoughts in the matter :3

Last edited:

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
wow... that was... looooonnnngggg........
......but really really good. it's very plausible, and i dont think anyone's ever thought of that.
:thumbsup:

dreams, huh....
i rep u to the fullest extent of my power!

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
wow... that was... looooonnnngggg........
......but really really good. it's very plausible, and i dont think anyone's ever thought of that.
:thumbsup:

dreams, huh....
i rep u to the fullest extent of my power!

Sankyu X3 sorry about the length, I tried to explain as much as I could :3

OMGZ. TL;DR!

<3 you.

Yeah well F you too D:<

<3

Rix

:)
Awards
I think i have already seen a few theories about Unbirths = dreams, but this theory was a more detailed one with explanations. I liked it :)

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
wait a sec, when ur a staff member they let u spam?
lolz :lol:
........dont hurt me!

He already told me how he felt about this on AIM, so he was just restating it XD;;; in his own... RKish way.

I think i have already seen a few theories about Unbirths = dreams, but this theory was a more detailed one with explanations. I liked it :)

Kairi isn't something I rant specifically over, though it does show the standards I have for my rants. I'm glad you approve ^_^

Rix

:)
Awards
Birth by sleep, enemies born from dreams sounds plausible.

It's still questionable though. perhaps they are dreams extracted through data/ i dunno

Oh no... i don't hope so... I don't want to much data stuff in BBS...

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
true, i just thought about it for the moment because of ATW's studies, and the fact that Terras keyblade summons somewhat like data

AtW's Studies were actually about the Heart and what he made for the Digital Twilight Town were Hearts.
Saying the Unbirths are Data are like saying the Heartless are data extracted from the Whole. It doesn't add up.
Also, Terra summoning his Keyblade could be because he's still an apprentice.
And even if not - still doesn't have to do with this as far as I can see.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
AtW's Studies were actually about the Heart and what he made for the Digital Twilight Town were Hearts.
Saying the Unbirths are Data are like saying the Heartless are data extracted from the Whole. It doesn't add up.
Also, Terra summoning his Keyblade could be because he's still an apprentice.
And even if not - still doesn't have to do with this as far as I can see.

while thats true, the studies of ATW relied on data solely

it was never delved upon whether Xehanort used darkness through data to amplify a heart affected by darkness in creation of the heartless. I could imply that Xehanort extracted darkness and dosed it within a heart affected with darkness. With that being said, it is likely that heartless are a basis result of darkness and data. I wont say that all unbirths are extracted by data, but were perhaps a result of data extraction and dreams. From there on they multiply just as the heartless did

Cissy

Bronze Member
Pretty interesting idea...

Dreams. Kinda far-fetched, but it makes sense when you back it up like that.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Another theory pretaining to the game's name, but this one is accurate. This makes sense alot. Why name it Birth by Sleep if it has nothing to do with it? I guess it has to do with the Unbirths.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I just realized, the whole "Princessess" theme fits well into "dreams".

Dreams coming true...

only turning to hideous creatures.

Amusingly ironic.

That, and we have Sleeping Beauty, dreaming away...that could pertain to the Unbirths as well, if this theoy is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back