• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Purge Forum Insanity?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Should FI be purged? Purging = All old posts will be deleted. To start fresh.

• Yes

Votes: 134 59.8%
  • No

Votes: 90 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
ATTENTION: FI is not being deleted. It's only going to be cleaned out. All the old posts and threads will be deleted. It will STILL be there for you to post in.

So Silh, D Athier, and Cursed are suggesting we completely delete Forum Insanity and then bring it back again from scratch. Good idea? =)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Audo

Re: Delete Forum Insanity

Well... None of it counts for post counts, so I can't see people really getting upset with that.
Well it's fine with me, I don't have anything in there XD.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com

Why would you guys want to do that? I'm just curious. I'd say no but I'm not an admin/member of staff.

EDIT: My worry is the Fan Clubs. Even though posts dont count, there are tons of replies in the FC's.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Oh because apparently the people who post on this forum are stupid and we need to clean it out. At least, that's what I heard.

Takuya

freedom fighter, patriot
Awards
In my bedroom sitting on my bed. I may pick up a b

For what reason? Clutter? Mess? Current virtual space? There are a lot of 'memories' in that place for most of the members here.

But they can always make some more. I think it's an ok idea. Though I'm not really 100% saying "DOOO IIT"

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Who care's about memories, this site is worthless trash anyway. lol

Mike

iROFL
Awards

It doesnt really matter to me if you guys delete it. If it'll clear room, then yes, that would be good.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net

Why not get rid of it permanently? It is fairly useless as-is.

However, it does keep spam from venturing into other boards, so then again -- keep it.

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com

I haven't posted there or really been around long enough to be affected by this change but there is a solution that could work for both sides - Archive that forum. Change it's name to reflect the fact that it's an archive, make it read-only, create a new forum in its place, and proceed with your plan. This way, everyone wins (at least as far as I see it).

Awards

I don't like Forum Insanity. It can burn in hell for all I care.

In other words, I wouldn't mind a "clean out". Just so long as it won't cause a whole heap of "OMG where's my histories!?" threads.

Fatal_Blade

がんばってね

I don't have a problem with it. Is this suggestion just coming from Silh, D Athier, and Cursed and not the other mods / admin.? Otherwise I think a vote would be a good idea.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards

Why not get rid of it permanently? It is fairly useless as-is.

As much as we'd love to, many will bitch about it.

We just want to clear out some of the threads in order for some more room. The place is pretty cluttered as is. Also, monkey claims it won't, but others believe it'll hasten some load times as well.

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I don't have a problem with it. Is this suggestion just coming from Silh, D Althier, and Cursed and not the other mods / admin.? Otherwise I think a vote would be a good idea.

They were the first to the idea, but since we were all so enthusiastic about it, I decided to take it straight to the members quickly.

Cursed, don't imply false information. As someone who can delete this entire site within a minute and has technical knowledge of what goes on in the background, it will not hasten load times, period.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net

As much as we'd love to, many will bitch about it.

We just want to clear out some of the threads in order for some more room. The place is pretty cluttered as is. Also, monkey claims it won't, but others believe it'll hasten some load times as well.

I'm willing to try anything to get rid of the dreadful lag.

Avalon

?Templar King?
Website
knightly-gamers.com

If theres a chance of making load times shorter and making site faster at all by doing this. That gives reason enough to do it... I mean come on.. F.I. has about 1/3 of the posts made on this forum in it. Surely getting rid of all those posts would make things go faster no?

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com

If theres a chance of making load times shorter and making site faster at all by doing this. That gives reason enough to do it... I mean come on.. F.I. has about 1/3 of the posts made on this forum in it. Surely getting rid of all those posts would make things go faster no?

No, it wouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back