• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

2D Fighters.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

(?Cmurder?)

Just a thread to list your favorite 2D fighters and why.

My List Is.

Game: Guilty Gear X Plus - Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
Reason: Most Balanced 2D Fighter, and the most fun IMO. It takes a while to get really into it but once you do its worth it.

Holy Order Sol and Trash Tier Zappa Ftw.

Game: King Of Fighters 97 - King Of Fighters XI
Reason: Yearly installments, easy learning curve, tons of characters. Hell yeah. To add to that, here in mexico you can kind a KoF machine anywhere.

There's one next to the house Im staying to as we speak that contains all of them.

Adelheid ftw (XI)

Game: Mortal Kombat Trilogy
Reason: Pretty obvious, simple, easy to learn, and voilent.

So....post peoplez.

S

Shadow Soldier

I've becoming a fan of the Guilty Gear series. It's not the moves or the characters... well not entirely. I like the art style how its all like cartoony looking, not like most 2D fighters. And I like the animations the characters do when unleashing attacks.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
SLAYER

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, simply because that was the only arcade fighter I had access to in my younger years. Albeit, broken as hell.

Street Fighter III or Guilty Gear XX, for gameplay. Although, they haven't gotten the play time they deserve.

(?Cmurder?)

I've becoming a fan of the Guilty Gear series. It's not the moves or the characters... well not entirely. I like the art style how its all like cartoony looking, not like most 2D fighters. And I like the animations the characters do when unleashing attacks.

It actually has the better graphics of all 2D fighters.

and if you want to get more into the game I suggest you visit dustloop.com

there you can learn simple stuff, such as how to use Sol's sidewinder move effectively.

My advice is choose a character that appeals to you. not be what people tell you

SLAYER

Marvel vs. Capcom 2, simply because that was the only arcade fighter I had access to in my younger years. Albeit, broken as hell.

Street Fighter III or Guilty Gear XX, for gameplay. Although, they haven't gotten the play time they deserve.

Accent core plus wins all because it adds on to the original XX story.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
no fighter will ever have the superior sprite animations sf iii had

but uh, yeah, i guess my two favorites would probably be sf3s and ggxx ac, despite only being a frequent gg player when slash was released

also i don't care what anyone says remy is high tier in my heart

Sol's sidewinder
but like everyone in chicago plays sol

well no there are a few i-nos and the like but if only my copy of ac weren't borken i'd probably be still working with slayer or maybe even order-sol

what can i say i dig them low tier characters

(?Cmurder?)

no fighter will ever have the superior sprite animations sf iii had

but uh, yeah, i guess my two favorites would probably be sf3s and ggxx ac, despite only being a frequent gg player when slash was released

also i don't care what anyone says remy is high tier in my heart

but like everyone in chicago plays sol

well no there are a few i-nos and the like but if only my copy of ac weren't borken i'd probably be still working with slayer or maybe even order-sol

what can i say i dig them low tier characters

Sol is now C tier in accent core.

IMO its a good thing. Seeing as much more characters can go up aginst sol now unlike when he had his dustloop in XX.

HOS is completely different in comparison to Sol.

he takes more strategy and more thought when it comes to combos.

Yeah, I use Zappa mainly but HOS on certain matches Zappa cant do so well in.

Sol is just user friendly, some people will grow out of him eventually.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
hos lol

he takes more strategy and more thought when it comes to combos.
replace strategy and thought with the word "wall" and you'll have a more accurate statement lol

well i don't know AC order-sol but if i recall correctly in slash nearly all of his game was effective only when you had your opponent against the wall

also 214D 214D 214D augh

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Dude, Sol is still stupid good in AC. Sidewinder loops are just as good as dust loops. His force break fist thing is all kinds of great, and his Grand Viper is actually useful now. The big reason he's not "top-tier" anymore is because half of the characters became stupid good. Just look at Baiken and Slayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back