• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

The requirements to being emo?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroX45

The requirements to being emo?

Just a random topic. What the requirements are of begin EMO.

EMO = Emotional

I’m clueless on the subject. Maybe they should make an EMO for Dummies.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Indeed a random topic.
I think this belongs in Forum Insanity.

From what I've seen with my emo friend;
Emotional; Depressed, angsty, sometimes sensitive, introverted
Where dark/black colors all the time
Tight clothes
Cutting yourself
Dark makeup (guyliner?)
Dark room
Listen to hardcore/punkish music

Meh, I always get emo and goth mixed up.

No offense meant to those who have some of the things listed who aren't emo.
That's what I've seen in my friend most of the time though she denies being emo even though she cuts herself.
Wouldn't really think about going emo though. Too much drama.

LIAR LIAR

You should listen to the song "Whatever" by Emo Side Project. (or the lyrics)
or just any emo side project song. That should give you a good idea.
Bandshirts... band-sweatshirts...

Dark_Seraphim

Wherever I feel like landing while I flying.
Website
www.myspace.com
EMO=
Millions of lost brains cells,
Lack in common sense (wtf cutting yourself????)
Cutting yourself and wearing dark makeup *guys wearing makeup PERIOD*
and Complaining that life is pointless and way TOOO 'HARD'!

I dont consider dark rooms, and the dark colors and the color black, and wearing black stuff all the time; emo
Im a straight up Hardcore MetalHead, but I wear Dark colored clothes, and black (mostly band shirts XD)
I dont wear skin tight jeans though.......... thats kinda.....um................nvm......

Datomix

Awards
Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Honestly, they're are different kinds of emo, the annoying thing is, people often mash them together. Emo is a style, not a behavior, imo. The people who cut themselves for no reason are just whiners and posers that crave attention. You dont have to cry and cut yourself to be emo.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Music and Poetry with lyrics: I'm cutting through my blood and I'm slashing through my insanity....or is that Goth? XD

Umm...what else:

Hair over face (but not all the time)
Never smiling
Songs about how you hate the world/hating the world
Tight jeans
cutting yourself like it's the most fun hobby of your life.

Ummm....that's all I know so far. Not an emo. Hahaha..need more 411 on it anyway.

Crimson Crashing

Inferno - R.I.P <3
Awards
Lets see
Listening to emocore music, or a more punkish style.
Wearing the style(Tight clothes, mostly dark color.
Certain hairstyle.(For males-longish hair{Possibly straightened})
Guyliner?
Those are the actual requirements to be considered emo, everything else is a stereotype added because some people do it.

It's like saying your not black unless you can jump high.(Not bashing african-americans, just saying that emo stereotypes are just as bad as any streotypes.)

Long hair(for men).

I score a 1 on the emo scale, I would say, as I have long hair and listen to some "emo" music.

Overall, though, I'm not emo.

HeroX45

What do you call this?

razr-phone-doing-it-wrong.jpg

Riku's New Look

The Land of The Fallen Angels (Houston, TX)
Website
www.angelscraft.proboards85.com
OK, sorry to rain on your "Emo" parade, but Emo stands for Emotional and Emotionally Hardcore.
You don't exactly have to wear black or dakr cloths to be emo, you just have to have, well, very very strong emotions. Like hyper happy, really sad, etc. Its like over abundance for the circumstance. But that isn't always true either.
And Emo is a style, but thats just because the people that are truly emo invented it and they wear it because they like the way it feels and the way they look, not because its in style. In fact, they were wearing it before it came in style.
Not all emo's cut themselves, thats why there is a sub-class called Cutters.
A lot of Goth and Emo things do blend together, like the most of them do wear darker cloths. But where the emo style is tighter the Goth is generally baggy. Ex: TRIPP pants and Merlyn Manson T-shits = Goth; and Tight Jeans (of any color, shade, fashion) and a Green Day T-shirt = Emo. Of course, those are just the stero-types. There are plenty of people that are in thhe catagory of Emo that don't do either.
There isn't exactly a loss of brain cells, its more like they are misunderstood, for real, and some of them just want attention. But not all, and I stress the not all. And a lot of them are in fact taken for granted for the things they do. Has an emo kid ever helped you out in some way and you never actually said thank you or spoke to them again after?
Hell, anyone that helps me out I talk to regularly. Emo, prep, Goth, anything.
But why do yall care so much about the labels? The only reason I care is becase other people care and its necesarry for writing Novels. And beyond that, for the real world, I couldn't care less. People are people and you should just accept them for who they are or shun them for who they are, not what people say they are.
Besides, I'm Emo. ^^ I just don't cut, listen to hard core music, I rarely write poetry, but I do write lyrics. But thats because I'm in several music programs like band and I sing for the church, and I don't mind wearing eye-liner, as long as the girl thats putting it on me thinks it looks OK. ((ha ha, yea, I'm a big flirt)).
So, the whole stero-type thing is retarded. As for the non-conformity part, they don't do it just to do it, they do it because they believe that people should think for themselves, which they should, and not like something and act a certain way just because everyone else does. Like shunning that one kid at school because he's different.
Or what ever.
And I've been rambling so I'm gonna shut up now before I dig myself any deeper in this already 20 foot hole..... I wish I brought a ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back