• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Resident Evil 5 Discussion Thread

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
We've long needed one of these, especially after the bombardment of new information lately. Before giving my thoughts on it all, I thought I'd post some info up for everyone to read to fill you all in on the things you'll be wanting to know.

-

Male Protagonist

chrisuc0.jpg

Chris Redfield

Yep, this time round it's yet again Chris' turn. With his first appearance being in the original '96 Resident Evil and numerous appearances since, he's arguably the "main" hero of the entire series. Chris is known for his "arch-enemy" being Wesker, and with Wesker being confirmed to be in RE5, it looks like that'll be included as a part of the story.

-

Female Protagonist

shevasm7.jpg

Name Unknown ("Sheva")

Very little is known about our recently revealed heroine. For a short while now many fans have assumed this woman to be either Claire Redfield (Chris' sister) or Jill Valentine (Usually appearing alongside Chris in one way or another) - neither of which she is. Currently being referred to as Sheva, she appears to be African, at least judging by her accent in the most recent trailer where she says to Chris (after saving him from a chainsaw maniac), "Welcome to Africa". Sheva appears to have a laser sight equipped to her handgun and is wearing a headset not unlike Chris', leading many to believe she will be a playable character and perhaps taking on the second role in the co-op mode.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Other Confirmed Characters of Interest

Albert Wesker

It wouldn't be a Resident Evil game without Wesker popping his nose in, however, this time round it is even less surprising. Wesker and Chris have always had unfinished business with each other, and with it being hinted at that this will be the last Resident Evil to include some of our current generation of characters, I wouldn't be surprised (personally) if the feud between Wesker and Chris is finally ended in this game.

Sherry Birken

sherrypo6.jpg

(Unknown if that is her in the picture. I merely assume it is.)

Sherry is an interesting one to include, for far too many reasons to type (and undoubtedly more than I actually know), so I'll copy you her entry from wikipedia.

Sherry Birkin is a 12 year old girl who serves as Claire's partner in the game Resident Evil 2. She is the daughter of G-Virus creator William Birkin and was instructed by her mother to seek refuge in the police station during the zombie outbreak. She spends time on the run from the zombies until she meets Claire. The dangers Sherry faces change depending on the order in which Claire's half of the game is played. In the "Claire A" scenario, she is implanted with a G-Virus embryo by G, the creature that was once her father, and Claire must prepare a G-Virus vaccine before Sherry undergoes mutation. In the "Claire B" scenario, Sherry is chased by the Tyrant sent by Umbrella to retrieve the G-Virus hidden inside her locket.
In the character-specific epilogues featured in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis it is revealed that she was picked up by the military after escaping the city with Leon and Claire, and was then taken into custody by the US government. However, in the fictional documentary Wesker's Report, Wesker states that Sherry is "safe in our hands".

So, Wesker has had Sherry now for 10 years, making her 22. This leads me to believe Sherry is the who "the eyes" in the tube seen at the end of one of the older trailers belong to;

sherryeyesmaybery3.png

-

Plot/Story

Very little is known about Resident Evil 5's story in general. We know it is set in a fictitious setting in Africa and that it does NOT have anything to do with Las Plagas from RE4, contrary to what many believe. RE5 will be going back to the origin of the original virus, the Progenitor Virus (or perhaps one of it's "offsprings", the G-Virus. This is unknown.)

The producer has stated that the game will also depict the last 10 years of Chris' life, and that many key elements will revolve around the whereabouts of STARS after the first Resident Evil. (Hello, Jill Valentine cameo!)

-

I suppose that'll do, as there really isn't much else I know, and everything I've missed out about Chris/Wesker fans will already know. I thought it was time we started a serious discussion thread for this game WITHOUT the racism bullshit and console wars crap. It is coming out on both PS3 AND 360, so get over yourselves.​

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Wait. . .There's going to be co-op play? EPIC.

Yes, there is. From what I understand, if a player logs out whilst the other wants to stay and carry on, then the one who logs out will have their character remain permanently in the spot they logged out and will return there upon re-entering - no matter if the other player has carried on to finish half the game or not since.

I'm not entirely sure on this yet, however, as VERY little info has been released about it.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
But if you were playing solo, would the other be an AI? Also, shouldn't the logged out person just like. . .sit down, or something, instead of standing there like a. . .well. . .zombie?

Mythological Omega

the arsenal of megadeth
Yes, there is. From what I understand, if a player logs out whilst the other wants to stay and carry on, then the one who logs out will have their character remain permanently in the spot they logged out and will return there upon re-entering - no matter if the other player has carried on to finish half the game or not since.

I'm not entirely sure on this yet, however, as VERY little info has been released about it.

That sounds kind of like what Gears of War 2's co-op is going to be like.

Cool.

k.h.master41

i really need a 360... or a Ps3, haven't decided yet. Ps3 hasn't shown it's full potential yet. hmm... can't wait to play this!

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
I hope for no multiplayer, but I do hope for co-op. That would be badass.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
Since Marucus designed the Progenirator virus in 0, that's when the shit hit the fan and the series began. Once the train incident happened, that's when word got to the counter-terrorist organization jumped on it, and since then Ada has been around, except Resident Evil Code Veronica. I don't think she's gotten her silky-smooth hands on a Progenirator sample yet, so this would be a great opportunity for her to get it.

If Chris' UCSSB organization, or whatever it's called is down there, I'm sure Ada's agency got word of i first. She seems to pop into the right place at the right times, unless they have this Sheva dubbed woman substituting for her, which would be sad.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
The only freaky one was the dual-bladed giant flaming one in Mercenaries.

I like knifing them otherwise.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Dual-wielding? I just remember almost pissing my pants when one of them came up behind me and beheaded me in the beginning of RE4.

Not dual wielding, dual blade. Sorry.

That guy is fast, capable of jumping thirty some feet, and isn't phased by shotgun blasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back