• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"References to KH or more FF games in future titles?"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
I had a thought:

In a lot of the Final Fantasy games that I have played there always seem to be references to previous Final Fantasy games (like in FF9 when Zidane make reference to Cloud and his Buster Sword). Do you think that it will continue in future Final Fantasy games, and maybe even have references to Kingdom Hearts in future installments?

I thought it would be amusing if they made reference to Sora or other characters, or even maybe be able to obtain a weapon that looks like a keyblade XD

griever

Re: References to KH or more FF games in future titles?

This is interesting, I havce played through FFIX many many times... but I have no idea where Zidane made reference to Cloud and his Buster Sword... although I can see what you mean, I do recall other instances where previous references were made.

To be honest I would have though that if they were going to make reference to Kingdom Hearts anywhere then they would have made Gilgamesh hold a keyblade in FFXII, but there's always a chance.

Then again Tetsuya is retiring from Square-Enix soon, so I'm not sure any other storyboarders will want to make reference to work that isn't their own... but hopefully, we'll see :)

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

This is interesting, I havce played through FFIX many many times... but I have no idea where Zidane made reference to Cloud and his Buster Sword... although I can see what you mean, I do recall other instances where previous references were made.

To be honest I would have though that if they were going to make reference to Kingdom Hearts anywhere then they would have made Gilgamesh hold a keyblade in FFXII, but there's always a chance.

Then again Tetsuya is retiring from Square-Enix soon, so I'm not sure any other storyboarders will want to make reference to work that isn't their own... but hopefully, we'll see :)

Nomura is not retiring form Square-Enix, he just won't be working on any Final Fantasy titles.

I'd rather not have Kingdom Hearts references in Final Fantasy. It'd be like if Lord of the Rings had Eragon references.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Nomura is not retiring form Square-Enix, he just won't be working on any Final Fantasy titles.

I'd rather not have Kingdom Hearts references in Final Fantasy. It'd be like if Lord of the Rings had Eragon references.

Which is unlikely.

I doubt that 358/2 and BBS would have FF references, but to do KH3, they'd have to remove twilight town and Radiant Garden. Removing Radiant Garden is just making more work for everyone at the end of the day.

griever

Which is unlikely.

I doubt that 358/2 and BBS would have FF references, but to do KH3, they'd have to remove twilight town and Radiant Garden. Removing Radiant Garden is just making more work for everyone at the end of the day.

Hmm... I don't knwo why you're thinking that FF cameos and references won't play a part in 358/2 days and BBS, for BBS it would be a massive opportunity to explore the backgrounds of the FF characters from a KH perspective. And with 358/2 days there is definitely going to be something in there about what the Hollow Bastion restoration committee was doing while Sora and Co. were asleep.

I mean... the whole point of KH is that its a cross over between the Final Fantasyand Disney universe, it would completely lose the concept.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net

There is always references too the older FF..

A Squall reference was in FFIX as well

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

Hmm... I don't knwo why you're thinking that FF cameos and references won't play a part in 358/2 days and BBS, for BBS it would be a massive opportunity to explore the backgrounds of the FF characters from a KH perspective. And with 358/2 days there is definitely going to be something in there about what the Hollow Bastion restoration committee was doing while Sora and Co. were asleep.
Why would you explore the Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts?

Dragonstar1715

Website

This is interesting, I have played through FFIX many many times... but I have no idea where Zidane made reference to Cloud and his Buster Sword...

If you go to the City where Cid is (forgot the name) and go to the towns weapons shop, there are some blades in the back, go over and examine them. Zidane will look at them and say that he remembers a spiky haired guy that wielded a sword like that (Cloud) or something along those lines

griever

If you go to the City where Cid is (forgot the name) and go to the towns weapons shop, there are some blades in the back, go over and examine them. Zidane will look at them and say that he remembers a spiky haired guy that wielded a sword like that (Cloud) or something along those lines

Thanks, I'm going to go have a look at that now :p

Why would you explore the Final Fantasy characters in Kingdom Hearts?
When I said "from a KH perspective" I meant explore the versions of teh FF characters that have appeared in KH. For example, we can agree that Leon isn't the exact same version of Squall from FFVIII, so rather than exploring Squall's life as an orphan in Garden, we'd be exploring Leon's failure to protect Radiant Garden from Maleficen't takeover. I really do not get why you're assuming that FF characters will not cameo in the new games...

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards

The biggest reference if anything in KH2 is the letter Leon reads at the end, cos that thingy is meant to be Rinoa's symbol, isn't it?

griever

Well for anyone who cares to know, there is a reference to Rinoa in KH1, the back of Leon's jakcet has two red wings on it, which are the same red wings taht are on the back of Rinoa's dress (only her's are white) in FFVIII

Princess Natalia

References are always cool in my opinion, its just fun to be able to point out who they're referring too. "hey...hes talking about cloud!" lol. Although I wouldn't be mad at a KH reference in FF games, id prefer they just leave all that is KH to KH.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality

There won't be any references to KH characters considering they're owned by Disney, not SE

griever

There won't be any references to KH characters considering they're owned by Disney, not SE

Hmm... I thought they were co-owned, but I haven't actually looked into it so I'm going to assume you're right. Though somehow I highly doubt Disney would seek copyright infringement if SE did make reference to KH. Either way I do doubt that FF would ever make reference to KH. I mean let's face it, KH Isn't in the final fantasy series.

Dragonstar1715

Website
I suppose you're right, I just kinda thought that since KH was a joint production, it might of been possible. But either way it would be funny to see something of the sort, wouldn't it? I mean seeing a FF character going around and killing enemies with a keyblade, I would pay to see that XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back