• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Dad found my stash

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanandhallie

Well, heres some advice that comes from experiance:

I'm not going to say, and nobody else should say, STOP SMOKING THAT S**T YOUR GOING TO RUIN YOUR LIFE!!! because honestly this is a maturity issue that stems from trying to understand yourself. There are PLENTY of people that have smoked it and gotten away with it scott free, and have led very very good lives with little or no problems derived from smoking pot. Its only illigal and bad because the government says it is, but honestyly its not necessarialy true. Whatever "Bad" is simply cannot be determined in masse AND globally accepted... it doesn't work like that. Expecially with iffy subjects.

You still need to find out who you are and this is a common thing for everyone. Unfortunatly though it is illigal BECAUSE it does have negative and seriously debilitating consequences, whatever the chances. It DOES possibly lead to other drugs and differant levels of addiction, even though its not addicting itself, and it DOES alter your thought process which can potentially kill you or others around you.

But I know that people will allways do it, and therefore I have to prepare myself for this and not judge people on the decisions they make, expecially due to immaturity or stupidity or courage or learning about oneself, and im not saying smoking is immature or stupid, its that your still young and still depend on your parents and since your father smokes too its how you were raised. So it is not a "fault" just a learning experiance.

For whatever it is worth here is my advice: Come clean with your father and quit, but because I know that you wont I add that be smart in whatever you DO do that you dont put youreself in situations that could cause you harm, or others harm.

Its the same concept as if someone told me not to jump off from really tall heights, I love to challange myself and nomatter what anyone says to me, or tells me that its a bad idea I know my limits and will continue to jump off roofs or staircases untill A. My legs break, or B. I grow too old and my legs get ruined. I find it so much fun but I know its stupid even though I love the challange and the feeling of freefalling. However I DO know not to jump off something life threatening, and therefore I advise you to find your limits and learn from everything that you do. Lessons are only lessons if you learn something from it, and it stinks when you have to learn hard lessons more than once.

So good luck and hopefully you can keep us updated with how things go

Honky Sam

lol sup
Awards
I've been seeing people in saying that alcohol is more dangerous than weed, which is untrue.

How many people die from drinking too much alcohold? (alcohold poisoning). When when was the last time you heard of one death that came from overdosing on weed? You haven't heard of one. It's impossible, you cannot die as a direct result from smoking weed. From personal experiance, a drunk person is much more dangerous, and much more out of it, than someone who has smoked a hell of a lot of weed.

If I were to come home half high, and talk to my mom, I could pull it off, but if I were to come home half drunk, I couldn't pull it off. Drunk people are very obvious that they are drunk, and the alcohol as a much more intoxication effect on the body. You do stupid shit when your drunk. Now I'm not saying you don't do stupid shit when your high. I called a girl a bitch when I was high and she punched me in the face.

ALCOHOL IS MUCH MORE DANGEROUS THAN WEED.

Again, it sucks that your dad found your stash, but talk to him about it. Ask things like "And you've never smoked pot in your life?', or "I could be doing other things, like sticking needle's in my arm and potentially getting HIV."

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
and now, scene from one of my favorite movies:

Sam: [after Dewey accidentally barges in a room filled with smoke and groupies]
[coughs]
Sam: Get outta here, Dewey!
Dewey Cox: What are y'all doin' in here?
Sam: We're smoking reefer and you don't want no part of this shit.
Dewey Cox: You're smoking *reefers*?
Sam: Yeah, 'course we are; can't you smell it?
Dewey Cox: No, Sam. I can't.
Girl Groupie: Come on, Dewey! Join the party!
[takes a hit off a joint]
Sam: No, Dewey, you don't want this. Get outta here!
Dewey Cox: You know what, I don't want no hangover. I can't get no hangover.
Sam: It doesn't give you a hangover!
Dewey Cox: Wha-I get addicted to it or something?
Sam: It's not habit-forming!
Dewey Cox: Oh, okay... well, I don't know... I don't want to overdose on it.
Sam: You can't OD on it!
Dewey Cox: It's not gonna make me wanna have sex, is it?
Sam: It makes sex even better!
Dewey Cox: Sounds kind of expensive.
Sam: It's the cheapest drug there is.
Dewey Cox: [at a loss and out of excuses] Hmm.
Sam: You don't want it!
Dewey Cox: I think I kinda want it.
Sam: Okay, but just this once. Come on in.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
It's just a matter of time before pot is legalized.

Apparently, Obama will legalize pot.

Anyway, better to do it now and figure out it's bad than be a pothead for your college carreer.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Boot camp? Wow. You probably shouldn't even allow yourself to have kids because if you react that way about finding a stash then I can tell now your kids will probably end up hating you.

Oh Im sorry. I wasnt aware that when you find your kid with a stash you were suppose to pat them on the back and say "Im so proud of you."

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
If it wasn't bad, people wouldn't sneak around to smoke it.
By that logic, if alcohol wasn't bad, people wouldn't've been bootlegging it during the 20's.

It's funny because alcohol's legal now, and as others have already said, it's caused a lot more accidents than weed ever has.

Weed isn't bad for you. Chronic (pun) usage of it will become a problem, yeah, but honestly, weed is not an addicting drug. I would know, because I toke up on special occasions.

I came to this forum for Kingdom Hearts. Not drug talk.
Except, you know, no one actually asked you to leave the KH-oriented sections.

Hero2

What's up with all the obnoxious lecturing on here? If he wants to smoke or (god forbid!) do drugs, then let him. It's not your place, or anyone else's on this forum to tell him what he needs to do or what he doesn't need to do.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh Im sorry. I wasnt aware that when you find your kid with a stash you were suppose to pat them on the back and say "Im so proud of you."
take a blunt and smoke it.
you'll see what we're talking about.

However you're right, I wouldn't be proud of my kids smoking. There's limitations though, if they we're 16+ (preferrably a guy) I wouldn't mind that much as long as he doesn't bring it in the house and gets high every day. [occasionally is fine]
I believe at 16 we're all capable of thinking for ourselves, and make our own decisions with taking people's approval/opinion.
So by then, I would be like, "do whatever floats your boat"

It's what I've done. Why tell them not to, if that makes me a hypocrite?
as long as their smart about it.
What's up with all the obnoxious lecturing on here? If he wants to smoke or (god forbid!) do drugs, then let him. It's not your place, or anyone else's on this forum to tell him what he needs to do or what he doesn't need to do.
he asked for it.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
So you've never smoked before?

You probably are fat and have no friends then.

So everyone who doesnt do drugs are fat and have no friends? Nice way of thinking. Must be the drugs.

However you're right, I wouldn't be proud of my kids smoking. There's limitations though, if they we're 16+ (preferrably a guy) I wouldn't mind that much as long as he doesn't bring it in the house and gets high every day. [occasionally is fine]

It just takes one time to f*** things up. Just because one does drugs once in a while doesnt make it fine. If I kill a person once a year, shouldnt be that bad cause I just do it occasionally, right?

I believe at 16 we're all capable of thinking for ourselves, and make our own decisions with taking people's approval/opinion.
So by then, I would be like, "do whatever floats your boat"

True that, I dont really give a damn what people do with their lives once they're not my responsibility anymore.
But this guy is 15 (i think) leaving with his parents (his dad at least), so he provides for him. If I have a person living under my roof and using my money (in this case for drugs), I wont stand for crap like that. Once he's adult and stops depending on me, then he can go on do whatever the hell he pleases. But not at 15. At that age, his ass is still mine.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
True, but you could consider the drug a catalyst. Like alcohol, most don't die directly from consumption, but from the actions that they do while under the influence. It distorts thought and reason, causing you to do things you wouldn't normally do.

That's what I said. Only in more words than I bothered to use.
But people do die of alcohol poisoning. There's no such thing as weed poisoning. And you can't even overdose on the stuff (except if you ingest it, or so I've heard).

Ask a medical examiner, and if they find that you were smoking Marijuana while you were driving a car, and fatally crashed and killed yourself, the cause of death would be determined "Accidental: Vehicular accident while under the influence of an illegal substance (mental depressant)" Of course, depending on how in-depth it is, they could determine whether the accident was a fatal mistake on your part due to being impaired, or another reason, but that's an example.

Exactly. Vehicular accident while under the influence of. In other words you're further proving my point. The actual drug itself and the act of smoking it does not kill people.
Just like...guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people.

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I was speaking to a smartass.
A pat on the back? No. Maybe more like a smack upside the back of the head. But boot camp? Get real.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Still, it can have serious side-effects (maybe not as severe as alcohol and other, but still problematic). Despite what some seem to claim, you can become addicted to marijuana; just like crack, ice, alcohol, and even caffeine. The only difference is the likelihood and strength of the drug itself.

I'm not saying it's wise (or even feasible) to initiate a nationwide crackdown on it, and I certainly don't think we should run a person's life. I just don't understand why some of the people here seem to advocate it.

EvilQueen

Website
www.myspace.com
I'm not advocating anything, and I've never even so much as smoked a cigarette in my life, let alone weed. But it's completely rediculous the way some people react so extremely to something that doesn't need such a reaction.
Sure it has negative effects.
But the fact is that it's better than anything else you could be doing as far as drugs/alcohol and even cigarettes go. So if someone of a decent age wants to sit at home and get high out of their mind occaisionally, no big deal.
And if you catch your kids with it be glad it's not something else but surely don't be so dumb as to pat them on the back for it. And also don't lean towards the other extreme of sending them off to boot camp.
I think that should be reserved for a last resort for serious problem children.

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that I was speaking to a smartass.
A pat on the back? No. Maybe more like a smack upside the back of the head. But boot camp? Get real.

Smack upside the back of the head? Yea, because thats a guaranteed way to make kids stop using drugs! :thumbsup:

How about you get real. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back