• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Coded canceled?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xickae

What the title says, I've been off to all KH stuff for a (long) while, so I'm kinda lost, I heard Coded would be canceled because Square-Enix had broken with the company responsible for the PSPhone production. I want to know whether this is truth or only a rumor (or whether I'm the only one who heard it:toungesmile:).

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
No it's not cancelled, just halted in production. So that means it'll be released later than it was going to be

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
As far as I know, it's only been deylayed for a bit.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Square-Enix made an announcement that they were putting some of their major mobile games on hold. As far as I know, Coded hasn't been confirmed as one of the delayed games, but because Kingdom Hearts is one of their big franchises, it's a strong possibility.

I infact wanted Kingdom Hearts: Coded, as it was a part of the original Kingdom Hearts legacy, I want every fine detail of this wonderful game. :(

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I infact wanted Kingdom Hearts: Coded, as it was a part of the original Kingdom Hearts legacy, I want every fine detail of this wonderful game. :(

Yeah same here. coded is just as important as BBS and 358/2

Seikay

Why I would still like Coded to come out to hear all the good things about it and maybe even get a chance to play it some day, I do could live without it and do not think it is as important as the other games.

AndyCloseEyes

Enjoying the fact that I'm better
What the title says, I've been off to all KH stuff for a (long) while, so I'm kinda lost, I heard Coded would be canceled because Square-Enix had broken with the company responsible for the PSPhone production. I want to know whether this is truth or only a rumor (or whether I'm the only one who heard it:toungesmile:).

How long exactly have you been cut off from what now? :confused:

There is no PSPhone. Its article was based on a misquote.

But yeah, what everyone else said. An important game in the KH series has not been cancelled, it never would be - only halted in production. At least, it's a possibilty.

I hope it's cancelled. The only thing it would be doing would be making Kingdom Hearts into just something to put on everything. Not that that hasn't already happened: Kingdom Hearts for Cell Phones - Kingdom Hearts Mobile - Kingdom Hearts Cell Phone Game.

Might as well cancel BBS then.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
It's essentially the same thing.
When a game has it's production completely halted, chances are it will never see release.

Atleast in the next decade (See: Duke Nukem Forever)

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
When a game has it's production completely halted, chances are it will never see release.

Atleast in the next decade (See: Duke Nukem Forever)

There are people out there swearing on their grandparent's graves that that will be released in '08.

Oh yeah, and I hope Coded dies.

Shows S-E for making KH2's followup on a cell phone.

JH

Ouvrez Votre Esprit
Website
www.khcentral.net
How long exactly have you been cut off from what now? :confused:

There is no PSPhone. Its article was based on a misquote.

But yeah, what everyone else said. An important game in the KH series has not been cancelled, it never would be - only halted in production. At least, it's a possibilty.

Might as well cancel BBS then.

What does canceling BBS have to do with canceling Coded? The PSP is a mainstream system, whereas cell phone gaming is a relatively new medium.

UrbanQuattrus

I think it's too early to worry about Coded being cancelled completely. But even if that happens, I doubt the overall story will suffer, so I'm not worried about it.

Seikay

But its also not like we couldn't get Coded if we really wanted to. Cause I'm sure some people really want it.

Hero2

I hope it's cancelled. The only thing it would be doing would be making Kingdom Hearts into just something to put on everything. Not that that hasn't already happened: Kingdom Hearts for Cell Phones - Kingdom Hearts Mobile - Kingdom Hearts Cell Phone Game.

Uh...WTF? This may possibly be the most ignorant post I've ever seen since I've been on this board.

How the hell is it bad for Kingdom Hearts to go multi-platform? And I swear to god if you say: "Because it's milking the series for money.", I'm going to come to your house and rip your ****ing eyes out. If infact that is the reason then you obviously need to look up your history on video games. Quality or not, companies make games to make money. So where you got the dumb idea that putting Kingdom Hearts on multiple platforms is bad is beyond me.

Macabre

Gold Member
Pretty much what he said.

i say good ridence if it is stopped, cause its not like we're gonna get coded

Never underestimate anything based on what medium they are on or what they look like.

And yes,Coded will probably never get released outside of Japan.

libraxege

Website
www.facebook.com
well I hope it's canceled, so that we'll have a KH:coded for another system, like DS or PSP or GBA or whatever else, so that we can all play. Or they could make a movie. <--- well....coded a movie, sounds crappy XS

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
i think coded is just as important as KH:CoM was.maybe we won't understand the hypothesis of the next titles if we won't play it!i don't know about the rest titles,but i'm sure coded will be put into a final mix version of a future game.it is similar to CoM and the battle system is as complicated as CoM was!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back