• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mega Man 11 | Series Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Re: Official Megaman/Rockman Discussion Thread

I believe it's a circuit, and it's a part of the reploid's brain that handles moral reasoning, and is also the primary target of the Maverick virus. This circuit is one of the things Dr. Cain wasn't able to reproduce after examining X, and is a flawed component, making them succeptable to the virus. When the war started,m it could be described as a massive short circuiting of reploid brains.

My turn now. It's common knowledge that Wily is Zero's creator, because it has been hinted multiple times through out games from the original and x series. List every game that references this connection between creator and creation.

Awards

I believe it's a circuit, and it's a part of the reploid's brain that handles moral reasoning, and is also the primary target of the Maverick virus. This circuit is one of the things Dr. Cain wasn't able to reproduce after examining X, and is a flawed component, making them succeptable to the virus. When the war started,m it could be described as a massive short circuiting of reploid brains.

My turn now. It's common knowledge that Wily is Zero's creator, because it has been hinted multiple times through out games from the original and x series. List every game that references this connection between creator and creation.

Do you mean in every single Megaman game to date, or just the X series? I'll include both, though I'm sure I've missed an odd piece here or there, I've included the most promominent ones.

Classic Megaman
  • Megaman Power Fighters. In Bass's ending, Dr.Willy presents Bass with the half completed Zero, to which he comments on it looking girly. Historically, this is his first appearance.

Megaman X
  • Megaman X2. If you manage to gather all of Zero's parts before confronting Sigma, Zero will assist you in the final stage, by destroying the fake black Zero. Sigma asks why Zero is fighting him, and that he knows his true purpose. Zero shrugs this off.

As a side note, according to the manga, Serges and Wily are the same person. This is most likely exclusive to the manga, and not a part of the canon story.
  • Megaman X4. In the intro of Zero's game, Dr.Wily appears to Zero in a dream, telling him to confront X, for he is his enemy.
  • Megaman X5. It is hinted that Wily had somehow contacted Sigma from beyond the grave, telling him about the true origins of Zero. There is also a large W in certain areas of the Zero Virus stage, such as the Shadow Demon ( forget the actual name ) and the Maverick Zero fight.
  • Megaman X6. It is commonly theorized that Isoc is infact Wily.

Megaman Zero
  • Although Dr Wily is never brought up, Capcom may have intended Dr. Weil to be a kind of 'reference' to him, what with the similiar names. Although this connection is really only apparent in the english localization. In Japan, he is known as Dr. Vile.

I'm hoping I've named most of them, if not all of them.

COUNTER:
What material was used to create Bass? What is the name of one other of his creation who's constructed of this material? What are the origins of this material origins?​

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

yeah, you got them.

Well, Bass is constructed of of normal steel, but his power source is a substance called Bassium, something Wily discovered by accident while creating Bass. At the end of Bass's story in the power battle game(Or power fighters), Wily says that he is researching this energy to create a Robot that could easily over power both Megaman and Bass, which Bass refures to as a "Girly Bot" After seeing a set of blueprints, indicating that the robot Wily is using Bassium to create is Zero. Although never fully disclosed, it is assumed that Zero is powered by an advanced form of Bassium, called Zeronium by some die hard fans.

There has been one pivotal robot type that has persevered through out the megaman timeline, showing up in multiple eras. What is this type?

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

Holy crap, popcorn plz.

^This is epic.

On a side note:
Well, the last part of the main story line is supposed to take place in the Legends era, from what I undrstand.

I remember reading somewhere the time that Legends takes place is around 800X or something like that. Sounds like bullcrap, though. Gotta check that up exactly some time.

And yes, to my knowledge it was confirmed in a book called "RockMan Perfect Memories", that Legends takes place a long time after the ZX timeline.

Awards

yeah, you got them.

Well, Bass is constructed of of normal steel, but his power source is a substance called Bassium, something Wily discovered by accident while creating Bass. At the end of Bass's story in the power battle game(Or power fighters), Wily says that he is researching this energy to create a Robot that could easily over power both Megaman and Bass, which Bass refures to as a "Girly Bot" After seeing a set of blueprints, indicating that the robot Wily is using Bassium to create is Zero. Although never fully disclosed, it is assumed that Zero is powered by an advanced form of Bassium, called Zeronium by some die hard fans.

There has been one pivotal robot type that has persevered through out the megaman timeline, showing up in multiple eras. What is this type?

Correct.

Robot type as in a mechaniloid? If so, I'm going to have to say the Mets/Mettools/Mettaurs.

And let's up the stakes. Two ( easy enough ) questions for you:

Counter A:
Are X and Zero reploids, or not? And why so?​

Counter B:
What are the names of all the main villians and their grouops in the Battle Network series? What was each of their objectives?​

dakdakgoose

I have no idea how many times i've played Mega Man X but its a ridiculous amount of times. My favorite game for the SNES i think.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

correct.

A: No, They're not. Basic Reploid design is based on X's loosely, who predates reploids by roughly a hundred years. Zero isn't a reploid because he has components that aren't in any reploid design, nor does his follow it.

B: Main villain groups in are

World 3(WWW)
MMBN-1
Leader - Dr. Wily
Mr. Match (Kenichi Hino) and FireMan
Madd (Madoi Iroaya) and ColorMan
Count Zap (Count Elec) and ElecMan
Yahoot (Mahajarama) and MagicMan
Mr. Higsby (Yamitaro Higure) and NumberMan (reformed)
Dr. Froid and IceMan (blackmailed into participating)
StoneMan
BombMan
Life Virus

MMBN-3
Leader - Dr. Wily
Mr. Match and FlameMan
Anetta and PlantMan
Takeo Inukai and BeastMan
Rei Saiko and FlashMan
Noboru Sunayama and DesertMan
BubbleMan
DrillMan
Bass (tricked into participating)
Alpha

MMBN-6
Leader - Dr. Wily
Baryl (Barrel) and Colonel
Blackbeard (Captain Kurohige) and DiveMan
Vic (Tsuyuharu Nyuudo) and ElementMan
Prosecutor Ito (Satoru Roppou) and JudgeMan
Yuika (Chirol) and CircusMan
Joe Mach and BlastMan
Cybeast Gregar/Falzar(Depending on which version)

Network Transmission
Leader - Dr. Wily (in hiding at the time)
Professor
StarMan
GravityMan
SwordMan
Zero

Anime
Leader - Mr. Wily
Mr. Match and TorchMan/HeatMan
Count (Jack) Zap and ElecMan
Maddy and WackoMan
Yahoot and MagicMan
StoneMan
BlasterMan

There is also an anime exclusive organization called Neo WWW, whos group consists of:

Leader - Tesla Gauss and MagnetMan
Inukai Takeo and Asteroid BeastMan
Noboru Sunayama and Asteroid DesertMan
Rei Saiko and Asteroid FlashMan
Viddy Narcy (Narcy Hide, fullname Hidenosuke Yamashita) and Asteroid VideoMan

Gospel
Leader: Sean Obihiro
Magnus Gauss and Magnet Man
Arashi Kazafuki and Airman
Speedy Dave and Quick Man
Mr. Dark and Shadow Man
Princess Pride and Knight Man
Boss Gospel(The Viral Wolf)

Nebula
Leader: Dr. Regal. Navi: Lazer Man
Blizzard Man
Shade Man
Cloud Man
Cosmo Man
Nebula Grey.

Counter: How many characters were carried over from the original story and who were they?

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

I realized that, but when I went to edit, I sort of forgot about it and edited something else. XD

Anyways, how many characters from the original timeline were used in the BN universe and who were they?

Awards

I realized that, but when I went to edit, I sort of forgot about it and edited something else. XD

Anyways, how many characters from the original timeline were used in the BN universe and who were they?

Actually nevermind. I just realized. I've won. You forgot to answer the BN villian one completely. Do I get a crown?

Good game though.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards

I like to use wikipedia to prove the size of my MegaMan e-penis too :3

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Just what did I miss? You really worded your question kind of weird.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

Their objectives were basically all the same in the end: Net destruction, new world order, etc.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

Lil update.

So, a much awaited Mega Man 9 could finally happen...according to them:

Mega Man 9 Finally Announced? - The Mega Man Network Community

A couple of day's ago you might have read Destructoid's news about Mega Man 9 possibly in the works, and that it would be for the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade, meaning it would be a download, also that it would have online and leaderboard (What? Is this game even going to be the usual 8 bosses plus final stages?)

Any thoughts? I dunno if such a "huge" thing would be okay as just a mere download. =/

Keiji Dragon

11200000111s.jpg

Rockman 9 Screenshot Leakage!!

I'm psyched beyond belief, people.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.

What, no source? Pictures alone mean next to nothing. And that looks like a finished game.

Keiji Dragon

What, no source? Pictures alone mean next to nothing. And that looks like a finished game.
In case you didn't read, All-Star Gamer.

Vixy of RPM said:
Seriously, when things couldn't get more nerve-wrecking and a wait for confirmation is too unbearable, I happen to get a email message sent to me, from a beta tester at Capcom none the less. This source turned out to be authentic and will bring our anticipation for the game even higher than usual.

This beta tester sent me a photo attachment of what does indeed look like Rockman 9.

That fight looks pretty intense and fiery, if you ask me. The beta tester had this message sent to me.

These are pretty comforting words. And the way I see it, the visual aspect of the screen doesn't ruin the overall experience and look of the sprites and other elements on it. I was hoping to see some pretty backgrounds to blend along with the sprites, but this is all there was, I guess. I mean, I understand if this beta tester didn't manage to get more screens, unless it would be caught red-handed.

We'll be expecting more facts and info straight from the source later on.

Special Thanks: Anonymous Capcom Beta Tester

Back