• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

need a suggestion for a video edditing program

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans4

im making a KH2 spoof( 13 more days till we start to film :) )

anyway i need to know a edditing program so i cna edit in a bar like they have in the real game that tells you what u have to do before a fight. ya know that little bar t

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I used to use Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0 I think it was >.> it was really good... cant remember if it was 7 lol the one with the horse running on the cover >.>

Hans4

i want to see this pm me when its ready
anyways if you have and apple computer use imovie
if windows use windows movie maker

imovie kicks "bASS" my friend told me to do it. anyway we already got a site up if u want to check that out

www.freewebs.com/team-the-last-stand

im talking more bout how to make it.... can u rly make it on adobe premier?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
im talking more bout how to make it.... can u rly make it on adobe premier?

oh.... =/ my mistake. I read it wrong. I dont think adobe can.... but idk. Maybe you can ask 1 of those ppl on youtube who made a vid with the menu to see what program they used.

venbravewarrior

i have adobe premiere elements which is really good for people who are new to editing videos(i dont know if you are so........:p) but im getting premiere pro which i here is way better for people who already know how to edit really good. so yeah thats my decision:)

Awards
That wont necessarily be an easy thing to do. I WOULD recommend using Flash, but that's made for animation, and not a video editing thing. It's also VERY expensive.
I'm just saying it would be SO EASY to do it in Flash, about a 10-15 minute job for me, but I have no idea how you'd do that in any kind of video editing thingamajig.
I COULD make one for you, but then you'd have to send me the edited video, tell me where to put it, I'd have to send the edited video back, and I'm not really sure you'd want anything like that.

Hans4

That wont necessarily be an easy thing to do. I WOULD recommend using Flash, but that's made for animation, and not a video editing thing. It's also VERY expensive.
I'm just saying it would be SO EASY to do it in Flash, about a 10-15 minute job for me, but I have no idea how you'd do that in any kind of video editing thingamajig.
I COULD make one for you, but then you'd have to send me the edited video, tell me where to put it, I'd have to send the edited video back, and I'm not really sure you'd want anything like that.
is there any sorta free 30 day trail on flash?

oh.... =/ my mistake. I read it wrong. I dont think adobe can.... but idk. Maybe you can ask 1 of those ppl on youtube who made a vid with the menu to see what program they used.
yea i looked at a few spoofs yesterday and noone of them had the thing so im pretty sure its new in a spoof

Last edited by a moderator:

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
If you want information of video editing software, it would have been better to put this thread in the Technology section. Even though it seems like you found what you are looking for, I'll go ahead and move it there anyway. You never know, people there will probably have some better recommendations than the ones you got here.

Awards
is there any sorta free 30 day trail on flash?

yea i looked at a few spoofs yesterday and noone of them had the thing so im pretty sure its new in a spoof

Yes. But I was just assuming you would want it for longer than 30 days. Thought the project would take longer than that.

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
Oh. Well that's okay then.

It takes up a lot of room too...
Flash CS3 Professional takes up about 385 MB when installed completely. I don't think that's really the concern though. While using a Flash document in a video is likely possible, it's not simple enough to warrant doing when there are likely other ways you could handle this.

Now, I've only played 2 minutes or so of KH (I've been meaning to play it for a while now though) so I'm not entirely sure what bar you're talking about but this would probably be easier done with images imported into the video. If it's just a static bar, all you need to do is create it in something like Photoshop (or even Paint) and import it into whatever program you're using. If it's not static, create the base part as one image and use other images for the dynamic parts and edit them together in the video editing program.

As for suggestions, Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 seems to be good though I've yet to have a chance to use it myself. If you're on a Mac, Final Cut is definitely the way to go. Unfortunately though, both of these programs are very expensive ($800 and $1300 respectively). You can get a free trial for Premiere Pro but it's limited to 30 days. I don't believe Final Cut offers a free trial but I could be wrong.

For cheaper alternatives, Adobe Premiere Elements comes to mind. I've never used this either but Adobe generally makes some good products and I've heard good things about it. Premiere Elements costs $100 and like Premiere Pro CS3, it is available for both Windows and Mac.

You could always do it for free and use something like Windows Movie Maker though you'll have a hard time with anything more than basic editing if you go this route.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Adobe will be the appropriate software in this case
Adobe's Premiere and Apple's Final Cut Pro X are good software for video editing.

I personally had used Wondershare's Filmora9 and it's good. I only used the "general consumer" license that was $69.99 as a lifetime license, but only able to install on a single machine.

When in doubt, YouTube about softwares you wanna use. A lot of YouTubers have reviews posted. There's usually the intro review of a product and then a review evaluating the software after a week/month of usage.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I know this is an old topic, and it feels like a bot resurrected this topic while also... not appearing like a bot? But having worked in television I’d say get use to Avid Media Composer. The more you know about Proxies, transcoding to 10:1 MXF, syncing, manually grouping, comping, switching multicamera groups etc. the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back