• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soul, help nedeed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

urso93

im working on a theory and im stuck in something and was hoping you could help me...

1st, a heartless is made of a body and a heart ( wich is filled with darkness), and a nobody is made of a body and a soul, am i right?

So, a person is made of a heart, body and a soul kay? a hearts contains a persons emotions, right? And the body works as a shell ( something that XH didnt have in the begining of KH1), so what does a soul have or what are its functions? does it have the memories of a person or something else? and more exactly, why is so important?

this is maybe a stupid question but im stuck and cant go on...

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
im working on a theory and im stuck in something and was hoping you could help me...

1st, a heartless is made of a body and a heart ( wich is filled with darkness), and a nobody is made of a body and a soul, am i right?
Your half right. A heartless is basically just a dark heart walking around. It has no body and no soul. I mean, people don't have two bodies, right? So you can't have a body/soul and a body/heart that came from one person.
So, a person is made of a heart, body and a soul kay? a hearts contains a persons emotions, right?
Yep. At least, that's what I thought.
And the body works as a shell ( something that XH didnt have in the begining of KH1), so what does a soul have or what are its functions? does it have the memories of a person or something else?and more exactly, why is so important?
I don't know what the soul contains. In the game, I'm pretty sure they've said that a heart contains memories, yet a nobody can remember memories. Which makes no sense. Cuz if there is no heart in a nobody, then how are they able to remember memories? And the soul is important cuz, well, it was part of a full being once? I don't know. I don't think the soul is extremely important or anything.
It's not a stupid question. And even if it was, at least you're brave enough to ask it.:D

Hyrenking

Kingdom Hearts series really doesn't emphasize soul, it uses heart instead. Not much way to difference the two; so I think they didn't try, and heart was a better metaphor than soul anyway :D
First, nobodies are just bodies, like heartless are just hearts, so they have no souls (or hearts or whatever else you want to call it)
Second, memory is in the heart, but it can be a little different than remembering 2+2 is 4, because you also store people there. So maybe it would be good to emphasize mind, but KH really doesn't do that either.
Last, if I had to guess at the use of soul in KH, I would think that the cloaked Xehanort's Heartless in KH1 is as close as we'll get.

urso93

FONT="Century Gothic"]I don't know what the soul contains. In the game, I'm pretty sure they've said that a heart contains memories, yet a nobody can remember memories. Which makes no sense. Cuz if there is no heart in a nobody, then how are they able to remember memories? And the soul is important cuz, well, it was part of a full being once? I don't know. I don't think the soul is extremely important or anything.[/FONT]
QUOTE]

yeah thats what i dont get, if the heart has the memories and a nobody dont have heart how are they able to remember what happened in the past?

Hyrenking: i believe that the soul will have a important part in the next games, because more and more the games are deppening the story and im pretty sure that tha word dis-soul has more to it than it sounds

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
You can never really get the message that Square Enix is sending in the KH games. But apparently we still need to know what the new enemy is made up of. Heartless are hearts. Nobodies are bodies and souls left behind. And the last enemy well, I got nothing.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
First, nobodies are just bodies, like heartless are just hearts, so they have no souls (or hearts or whatever else you want to call it)

Yes they do. This is from Secret Ansem Report #4:

3 elements combine to create life: a heart, a soul, and a body. But what of the soul and body left behind when the heart is lost? When the soul leaves the body, its vessel, life gives way to death, but what about when the heart leaves? A being does not perish when its heart leaves its body. The heart alone disappears in the darkness. There is little time. If I remain in the realm much longer, I will certainly learn these lessons the hard way. My heart is already a captive of the darkness.

That's pretty much all we know about souls and KH. I'm starting to think that in the world of Kingdom Hearts, the soul is the spirit, the essence, of a person. It contains their personalities and yes, even their memories. Basically, the soul is what makes a person who they are, and not someone else. Hearts are what give a person the ability to feel emotions. Because memories have an impact on both personalities and emotions, I believe they can be found in the heart and the soul. That's how Nobodies retain their memories.

This is all theoretical, since Nomura has never actually clarified the difference between body, heart, and soul. But that's how I've interpreted it. I hope that helped, urso93!

xickae

Not exactly. The heartless are darkness made real from hearts only, the darkness creates the heartless' bodies.

So, a person is made of a heart, body and a soul kay? a hearts contains a persons emotions, right? And the body works as a shell ( something that XH didnt have in the begining of KH1), so what does a soul have or what are its functions? does it have the memories of a person or something else? and more exactly, why is so important?
Soul most probably is the very thing that gives conscience for beings. Like this: Heartless don't have souls, consequently they act only by instinct, while Nobodies are body and SOUL which makes them act by their own will by thinking, making strategies... Yen Sid tells it in a very summary way.

No, this is not a stupid question, it's just a more specific question which there is no confirmed answer.

awsemo

i think that the soul is what keeps the heart and body attached. like in fullmetal alchemist the three parts of the body is the soul(heart), body, and spirit(soul). it states that the spirit is what conects the soul and body and feeds the soul.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards

[sigh] It'll have to be me then

You are correct in saying soul+body=nobody.

But

A body-soul=death.

Soul =/= own entity

Soul+heart =/= own entity

So, a person is made of a heart, body and a soul kay? a hearts contains a persons emotions, right? And the body works as a shell ( something that XH didnt have in the begining of KH1), so what does a soul have or what are its functions?

The esscence of life. The soul is the source of life. Without it, you're dead.

does it have the memories of a person or something else? and more exactly, why is so important?

Yes, it contains memories too. Otherwise, Org XIII would never have kept their memories.
There are some things that doen't need to be said because it's implied that we would know, or figure it out.

Not stupid, just asked too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back