• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Key to a Dead Mans Heart

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
Key to a Dead Mans Heart by *Ashley425 on deviantART

A new piece I just finished. A description of the concept can be found under the image :D

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated!

Edit// A DA admin featured this piece in their news, so in celebration I'm featuring people's art in my journal. If you have DA and would like to be featured, just let me know in my journal :)

Last edited:

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Damn, that is just amazing, very very good.
and i cant find your name in there...

Blue

home is where the heart is
That is a fantastic piece of artwork.Very impressive.

And I think I found the place where your name is supposed to be hidden... =]

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
haha thanks guys! By the way, I edited my post. For those of you who have a DA, I'll be featuring art in my journal. So if you have a DA, feel free to post your art in my journal to be featured :)

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Ooh, pretty. For some reason, his hair seems a little odd to me. I think it's that there's layers and I always thought that kind of odd that chunks of hair suddenly appeared, but I think I'm getting more used to naturalistic hair (you know, where you show the strands in the coloring? I'm pry using the wrong words). It does give his hair more depth though, how you did it.

*discovered the name, but for sake of the others won't tell where it is*

Hm, art feature...depressingly, I've been in a somewhat of an art slump/studies of sorts, so the stuff I'm producing are studies or just not the best. *shrugs*

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
You should seriously look into illustration or something similar. You'd be perfect at it!

I'm going to a private art college next year so I'm looking into their illustration programs and there's a high chance I'll be taking those classes :3

Ooh, pretty. For some reason, his hair seems a little odd to me. I think it's that there's layers and I always thought that kind of odd that chunks of hair suddenly appeared, but I think I'm getting more used to naturalistic hair (you know, where you show the strands in the coloring? I'm pry using the wrong words). It does give his hair more depth though, how you did it.

I'm used to creating anime hair with little hair layering so I wanted to try and make it more detailed. I just need a bit more practice to make it look right xD

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I'm still looking for his thumbs ;-;

Otherwise I must say it's pretty nifty. I'm not an abstract artist, so I really enjoy stuff such as this.

temptation

Wow, that's beautiful. I love the colors, and it's cool how your name is on the tree's trunk. :thumbup:

Blight

Wait wasn't this called "keys to a dead mans pants" or am i seeing things. I'm really not joking.
Anyway good stuff I like your art style. I can't really crit because it so different from what i do.

dr.korytco

Awesome style and the title is brilliant. A theme as such relates to the deepest passion of the living. Often we feel dead but hope is the key to living.
Your picture with its bold and accurate presentation and red color and brilliant composition gives me an sentiment of hope and confidence skill and security .

Well done, it is a descent piece and I could artistically critique it any day. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back