• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Ice Cream...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

waluigi1

Last night, a friend and I tried to make sea salt ice cream and when we got to the part where we had to heat the mixture into a custard, it wouldn't work...help please?

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Ish okay. Um. It probly doesn't, but the mixture it was in [the whole "custard" thing] should melt anyway. And the salt stays the way it was...afterall, aren't they sea salt crystals?

MxUltima

Either in the endless abyss,the boulivard of broke
Ish okay. Um. It probly doesn't, but the mixture it was in [the whole "custard" thing] should melt anyway. And the salt stays the way it was...afterall, aren't they sea salt crystals?
ya know what...i dont care what it is anymore i just want to have some! it sounds so good and your making it sound even better! what is the recipe for it? i want to try to make some!

DarkeTiger

Website
www.kevan.org
Here is a tip, first get some sprite, any kind is fine, put a very small amount of salt into it, then put it in the freezer, it helps if you have a tray for making ice blocks

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
The same thing happened to me when i tried making it... but i added salt afterwards

DarkeTiger

Website
www.kevan.org
personally, no, also, you'll probably want to add ice-cream into the sprite-salt mix, since its sea-salt ice-cream

I'd rather not stick salt into my cold food, better off without it

Also, I don't believe there is any official recipe for sea-salt ice-cream

Last edited:

MxUltima

personally, no, also, you'll probably want to add ice-cream into the sprite-salt mix, since its sea-salt ice-cream

I'd rather not stick salt into my cold food, better off without it

Also, I don't believe there is any official recipe for sea-salt ice-cream
actually it's somewhere on this website. it was a really long time ago but it's here somewhere

DaisyDuck

I've actually made sea salt ice cream twice using two different methods, and both times I got a very good result.

Oddly enough I've not yet tried the method that is posted as the recipe. Instead I started with good recipe for vanilla ice cream. The one that contains eggs (the frozen custard) has an excellent texture, but it's hard to color since the eggs give it a creamy yellow color. The Philiadelphia style ice cream (which does not contain eggs) is pure white and takes on the blue color beautifully.

And yes, the salt does melt. You must add it to taste before you freeze the mixture. It also helps A LOT if you use real sea salt.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

Diomedes

I aim to misbehave
you forgot the secret ingrediant, hint: it starts with co and ends with an ain. jk,jk
y do u think it taste so good in the game?

GothBug

Sea Salt Ice Cream is actually really good. I'm not sure where the recipe is on this site but I found it here-

http://http://www.recipezaar.com/177919

It's pretty easy too. The Sea Salt that you should get is just like regular salt (not in BIG crystals... although you can get it that way... it's just easier to use the smaller salt crystals.)

But I have to say... it's extremely yummy. My whole family loves it... and really, it's salty... but sweet. Just like they say! ^.^

Zook

you can never leave KHI
Awards
I still can't believe people made sea salt ice-cream. Of course they are probably the same people that made a life-size ultima keyblade and went searching for the keyhole...

K

KH3_SORA

i try'd sea-salt ice-cream before. and it was really good. and its easy to make

MxUltima

I've actually made sea salt ice cream twice using two different methods, and both times I got a very good result.

Oddly enough I've not yet tried the method that is posted as the recipe. Instead I started with good recipe for vanilla ice cream. The one that contains eggs (the frozen custard) has an excellent texture, but it's hard to color since the eggs give it a creamy yellow color. The Philiadelphia style ice cream (which does not contain eggs) is pure white and takes on the blue color beautifully.

And yes, the salt does melt. You must add it to taste before you freeze the mixture. It also helps A LOT if you use real sea salt.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.
i have a question Can you give me a recipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back