• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Music] Children of Bodom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masquerade

Where's battlecry? :(
Website
www.facebook.com
Best melodic death band >: . They synth the crap out of everything and get the best sound possible. They are by far one of the most talented bands out there, and plus, they have guitar skills nearly unmatched. I <3 them and you do too, amirite?

CtR

I <3 you, I am surprised this thread doesn't already exist o_O

Anywayz

Children of Bodom I do love much <3 have done for a while, they have a sound that is rather addictive and unique.

I can't pick a favourite song, so I will just say go listen to any of them xD

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Edit: Excessive failure on my part.

Last edited:

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Edit: More failure, making me look shortsighted and argumentative.

Last edited:

FishBox

I believe, after checking again, that the thread is not titled :[Music] People who LIKE Children of Bodom.

As such, I can and will insert my opinion.

Right, you've got me there. That's a good point.

But if you posted something like that, you'd expect that you'd get a bad reply to it.
I look at it now, and I realize that the comeback was overly noobish.

But I'm an avid fan of CoB, so that one hurt. I want to leave the matter as it is, and move on.

I hate dwelling over things like this. There's no point.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Right, you've got me there. That's a good point.

But if you posted something like that, you'd expect that you'd get a bad reply to it.
I look at it now, and I realize that the comeback was overly noobish.

But I'm an avid fan of CoB, so that one hurt. I want to leave the matter as it is, and move on.

I hate dwelling over things like this. There's no point.

Thank you for not being an idiot about it.

I have no problem with anyone who likes Bodom, they're just not my thing.

I've moved on to [in my opinion] the superior symphonic metal.

P

Purple Feather

Ohhh, I love Children of Bodom.

And their keyboardist ^.^

Masquerade

Website
www.facebook.com
Let me make this clear, you are entitled to your opinions, yet even with that opinion, they are the best death melodic band in mine. The main thing I can see someone disliking about Bodom is the singing, but other than that, they are top notch in my opinion. And yes, the Alexi Laiho signature is one sweet guitar that I want >: . I play a lot of guitar, and I know that some of the solos they pull of can destroy your hands. Songs for recommendation, Banned in Heaven, Children of Decadence, Bodom After Midnight, Living Dead Beat (This song live perferably), Lake Bodom, Silent Night Bodom Night, and Black Widow(Song that got me hooked).

Last edited:

Agent007

I &#9829; Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Oh my god I just pissed myself when I saw this thread!! All I can say is YES YES YES!!! Finally a COB thread!!!! Oh man the day I heard Every Time I Die, I was hooked. he he, it even has it's own Wiki! Everytime I Die & - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia But wow this is my favorite metal bands. Seen them about six times. I got to meet Alexi Laiho outside his tour bus the last time I saw them. That was one of the best days of my life. It was a 10 second conversation but I'll cherish it forever! The new cd is fantastic! Yes it's already out on torrent sites! I guess that they are going to be doing a cover of Johnny Cash's Ghost Riders in the Sky. Anyone else think thats going to be badass? Personally, I thought that Tokyo Warhearts was a lot better than Stockholm Knockout but thats just me. TW is the only cd I have ever imported. Whenever I am pissed, Taste of My Scythe just cheers me right up. Yeah I know I am jumping around here. But holy shit! It's a Children of Bodom thread! I WILL BE BACK!!!! Rep for you for making my night Breakdown!!

Masquerade

Website
www.facebook.com
Everytime I Die is ok, yet I'm no fan for the slow intro, but I rather do like the sweeps that come right after :3. Lake Bodom or Living Dead Beat are probably my favorite songs by them, by far. I love the intro riff to Lake Bodom, and LDB has a sick synth in the intro. I like Stockholm Knockout for LDB live because it sounds amazing in their version. I'll be seeing them at Gigantour this year. April 22nd for the win<3

Agent007

I &#9829; Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah I think they are coming around here in April w/ Gigantour. I prefer the old stuff personally but I always listen to everything.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I can realize when I'm fighting a losing battle.

They're alright I suppose, I guess I got a bit carried away by saying I hated them.

One of my friends was obsessed for a while, he took it waaaaay overboard, so that's probably the main reason for my prejudice.

Agent007

I &#9829; Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
lol, I dont think it's a battle. Just a different matter of opinion. I guess it's just something that either you really like or dont.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
lol, I dont think it's a battle. Just a different matter of opinion. I guess it's just something that either you really like or dont.

Battle was a bad word I guess.

Outnumbered is actually what I was getting at.

Agent007

I &#9829; Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Well, it's a Bodom thread. I'm just glad that this thread is here. To be honest with you, for me personally, C.O.B makes my life so much better. Any problems that I have, or if I am stressed, I can listen any one of their cd's and feel a ton better. Even if you're outnumbered, it does not mean that you can't say what you want. If you don't like it or have mixed feelings about the band, it's all good. Just don't bash what other people like I guess. I say this in the nicest way, not starting an argument here.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
To be honest with you, for me personally, C.O.B makes my life so much better.

Can't argue against that, I know how it goes.

I'm also not trying to start an argument, there's no point.

It's no fun that way.

[shrugs]

Agent007

I &#9829; Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Nah, arguments are never fun. If you're not sure how you feel about the music, check out Follow the Reaper. That's my favorite cd by Bodom.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Nah, arguments are never fun. If you're not sure how you feel about the music, check out Follow the Reaper. That's my favorite cd by Bodom.

Thank you.

I just went and listened to one of their songs, to see if my opinion has changed in the past two years.

I'm not sure yet, but windmill hair is awesome.

Masquerade

Website
www.facebook.com
Listening to them about a minute ago, I noticed on Stockholm Knockout, they add this amazing sweep to Lake Bodom's intro. Both Live discs sound great but Chaos Ridden is the only one I have really paid attention to. >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back