• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► The Uncomforting Truth.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Hi, Ok This is my first fan fiction ever written so I really do hope you'll enjoy it! I'll do my best to make an intresting real for you all!

Just so you know where I'm comming from the story starts two days before Sora, Riku and Kairi get the King's letter... Ok I'm not telling you anymore I guess you'll just have to be Surprised. :thumbsup:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

The Uncomforting Truth
Written By SeaSalt IceCream

Chapter 1 - Waking Thoughts

Sora rolled over looking at his clock. It was 2 am. He sighed and rolled over looking out his open window. There was a gentle sea breeze comming though. He looked over far towards the Island where Riku now lives. He tossed and turned trying to sleep but more and more thoughts rushed through his mind.

He had been home only a week from his adventures but already he was itching for the excitement of seeing new world, whiping out heartless and seeing new friends. For all the time adventuring with Donald and Goofy Sora missed home but now he was home he wanted to go away again. How could he though? He had no gummi ship. He then remembered how Beast went to fight for Belle in Hollow Bastion. He just simply believed he would find her, and he did. "Maybe... That's all you need to do," Sora said to himself still staring out the window allowing the breeze to flow through his spikey hair. "But... what about Riku and Kairi? What if they don't feel the same way?" His mind kept jumping to adventures he'd had, his feelings were both sad and happy. He smiled as he thought about the afternoon he and Riku first arrived back on their island. Kairi was there waiting along with Donald, Goofy and the King. Things couldn't have been better, but soon after things didn't feel quite so right...

After Donald, Goofy and the King left back home to their castle. Sora realised he had forgotten to ask them if they too had remembered what happened before they went to sleep. If they too remembered Namine. These thoughts were really unsettling and Sora still found it hard to fall asleep.

He tossed and turned but nothing could shake away the many thoughts going to his head. He turned back towards the window and watched the breeze move swifly through the palm leaves. He then saw the sky and sea turn from a dark blue to an orange glow. One by one the stars disapeered as the sun rose. He heard movement down stairs and decided to go down to the kitchen.

His mother was in the Kitchen busily preparing herself some porridge. "Morning!" He called out brightly despite the lack of sleep he had.

His mother jumped, "Sora! Hi honey, you're up early!" she smiled at him but that smile turned into a frown of concern. "Are you feeling okay? You look a little pale. You're not catching somthing I hope?" She left he breakfast and felt her son's forehead.

"Mum... Relax, I'm fine. I just didn't sleep much that's all." He stepped back from her hand and smiled. "I think it was a little too bright last night."

"Well, I suppose it was a full moon last night." She said and tried to look a little less worried.

Sora saw she still wasn't entirely convinced he was ok. "Look mum, I'm alright. Just a little tired, that's all." He said reasuringly.

"Alright then." His mother said similing with a pretend smile. "What can I get you for breakfast?"

"Nothing" Sora replied. "I think I might skip breakfast and go over to the island. I'll be back later."

"Well, I guess then I'll see you later." She smiled at him still looking slightly concerned. "Have a good time!" She called back as Sora waved and headed out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Last edited:

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
First post! i hope lol... Brilliant! i love it! i cant wait till next chapter!... nothing wrong with it whatsoever!... Also, tis interesting! keep it up!

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
First post! i hope lol... Brilliant! i love it! i cant wait till next chapter!... nothing wrong with it whatsoever!... Also, tis interesting! keep it up!

Thanks! I hope I get some more readers soon. :) I hope they like it too, lol Oh and to anyone, I do take constructive critisism if I think it's apropriate. :thumbsup:

Elorah

Awards
This is your first fic? Wow, that's pretty good ^_^
The plot seems interesting, about him wanting to get away from home even though he just got back.
I think your chapters could be just a little bit longer though.
Keep up the great work!

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
This is your first fic? Wow, that's pretty good ^_^
The plot seems interesting, about him wanting to get away from home even though he just got back.
I think your chapters could be just a little bit longer though.
Keep up the great work!

Yes it is, thankyou!
And yes I will make the next chapters longer!

Elorah

Awards
Yaay! That would be great!
Really looking forward to see what happens next ^_^

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
I know it's the first chapter. Since its good you should make it longer or else people will feel very unsatsified.
Fair enough, Im writing chapter two as we speak so I will keep that in mind, but you may be sorry. I actually kept it short in fear of making it too boring, but anyway you can expect lots of chapters so no worries on it being too short in the long run ;) .

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Thats good to hear that you do plan on keeping it up :) I would be a bit worried too... i mean, i reckon mines too short, but ppl dont mind.. i spose it really depends on what sort of style your using

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Thats good to hear that you do plan on keeping it up :) I would be a bit worried too... i mean, i reckon mines too short, but ppl dont mind.. i spose it really depends on what sort of style your using

Yeah I guess you're right. Anyways Im writing heaps more now, so let's hope it goes to people's liking. this time.

Stay tuned, I'm half way through writing chapter 2 so expect it possibly tomorrow if everything goes well! :thumbsup:

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
That's great news dude.
I am a chick... lol *Points to female sign*

However, can I ask how long it takes you to write a chapter? Count using hours please, exclude rest time of course.
Ummm... I guess I'd be up to my first hour maybe hour and a half, I went to bed at just after mid night last night lol... Im not sure when I started to tell you the truth cause I lost the window for some odd reason, Im having trouble with my mouse you see and sometimes it double clicks or somthing lol. Anyways next time I will. Just out of curiosity Why do you want to know?

Great!! Will be waiting for more!!
Thankyou! :) I'll be onto it straight away.

SeaSalt IceCream

AAAMMAAAZZZINNNNGG!
Here's chapter 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Chapter 2 - A Lie of Truth.​

Sora turned down Kairi's lane. His thoughts of that night kept spinning through his head, his memories and the friends he missed. His heart was still flung into confusion. He was so happy to be home, yet he missed seeing new worlds and meeting new people. He stepped on to Kairi's porch and was about to push the door bell when he stopped. He remembered it wasn't even past 5 AM when he'd left home. He stepped back to look up at Kairi's window, there was no movement inside so Sora turned back down the path and headed towards the beach where his boat was.

He reached his boat and pushed it into the water. He stopped and though. Would Riku be awake. "Probably not.." He thought aloud while shaking his head, and he continued pushing his boat into the boat. Picking up the oar Sora jumped in and paddled out to sea towards the island. Sora looked down into the water. There was all mannor of sea creatures swimming around. He smiled and continued paddling out towards the Island.

Sora pulled his boat into towards the dock and tied it up. He looked around there was no sign of Riku so he must have still been asleep up inside the tree house. Sora went over and sat on the bend over Paopu tree. He lay against it staring out towards the sea. His mind still wandered from place to place but one thing on his heart kept comming up. His thoughts were interupted.

"You're up early!"

"Whoa!" Sora jumped and fell off the tree. "Ouch!" Sora landed with a thump on the ground.

"Day dreaming again Sora? Why, you haven't changed a bit!" Riku laughed behind him.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" Sora asked grinning and dusting himself off.

Riku offered his hand to help Sora up. "Here."

Sora looked up at him, "Thanks!" Riku helped Sora up and Sora began dusting himself off again. Riku hopped onto the tree and Sora jumped up beside him.

"Are you okay? You don't look too good." Riku looked over concerningly to his friend.

"I didn't get any sleep last night." Sora replied facing the ocean.

"What's on your mind?" Riku now looking more concerned.

"You remember what I told you?... When we were about to finish off Xemnas for good?" Sora looked up at Riku.

"About Namine? And Castle Oblivion?" Riku looked over at Sora.

Sora looked down and his feet. "Yeah, I got my memory back..." His voice trailed off.

Riku tilted his head and said " and... Do things feel alright yet?"

"No.. Sora said shaking his head. He began to look up towards the sea again. "I'm begining to wonder if they ever will."

Riku looked puzzled "Well, what do you mean?"

"Well I mean..." Sora sighed, "I mean everything feels wrong. I can't look at Kairi without feeling guilty." Sora looked over towards the island.

"Why do you feel guilty Sora?"

"Well, because... because Kairi means everything to me... but... In castle Oblivion all I could think of was Namine. I completely forgot about Kairi..." Sora sounded ashamed of himself.

Riku stared towards the ocean, "You have tell her."

Sora turned to him "How can I? How's she going to react when I tell her that right after the time we made our promise I forgot about her. She ment nothing to me. What's she going to say that I met this girl who was more important to me than her" he began sounding upset.

"It wasn't your fault though... I'm sure if you explain to her what happened she'll understand."

"Yeah your right but... I just don't want to hurt her." Sora looked down at his feet again. "She means so much to me." Sora said quietly.

"I know" Riku said now also looking down. He looked back at Sora. "What exactly did happen in that Castle, Sora?"

"Well... There were these cards that..."

"were created from your memories?" Riku finished.

"How did you know?!?!" Sora turned back at Riku shocked.

"Well I was in the castle too." Riku Replied smiling.

"But... they told me, that wasn't the real you..." Sora looked confused.

"Sora, You and I never crossed paths." Riku looked back at him also confused.

"Oh right... but then... How come we never met up?"

"Well I'm not sure. It was a pretty big castle..." Riku smiled.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Sora smiled but soon his face fell. "Y'know... I never was angry at Namine for what happened. Even though I chose to get my old memories back I still wanted to keep the ones of the castle... to keep the ones of Namine. But now, things are different... I guess now I understand what the truth was, the lies seem clearer. In the castle I was so despret to save Namine. I believed what wasn't really true.... I believed a lie, but it doesn't seem like a lie, it seems so... so real. The story I believed in the castle it never even happened, but I was so convinced it did."

"What was it?" Riku asked listening intently.

"Well... one night, when we were kids, you went home early and just left Namine and I sitting on the tree. We saw a falling star and Namine was scared that it might hit us, so... I stood up and lifted my wooden sword and promised. I promised her that no matter what I'd protect her..." Sora looked up towards the sky.

"Wow... You know that so well for a lie." Riku Stared out towards the sea.

"Well in my heart it doesn't feel like a lie. It feels like the truth..." Sora looked up at Riku who looked as though he was thinking hard. "I was so mean to my friends, Donald, Goofy and Jiminy... I feel so guilty for them too. It was just, in that castle... I was so determined to rescue Namine, I couldn't think... I wasn't going to let anyone stop me, The organisation, Them and even the person I thought was you..."

"They did the same thing to me..." Riku turned and looked away.

"What do you mean? They messed with your memories?" Sora tried to catch his gaze.

"No... they made a replica of you... not permanently though, but it seemed so real... It was one of the reasons I didn't want you to find me, I was afraid that would be how you'd react... Zexion, he transformed himself into you, one of my cards took me to this island, I was so happy to be home... I had missed it so badly. I saw Tidus, Wakka and Selphie, but they just faded away. I saw Kairi, but she also just disapeered." Riku kept looking away avoiding Sora's eyes. "Then Zexion showed up, He messed with my mind. He reminded me of that night... That night I stepped into darkness. The night our world was destroyed... Then you came, you attacked me with the keyblade. At first, I didn't understand why... why you were so angry at me, you hated me and what I had become..." Riku's voice trailed off.

"Riku..." Sora said still trying to see Riku's eyes.

"I'll never forget the way you looked at me, or really, you couldn't look at me. You seemed ashamed of me and I hated myself for it. Then you attacked me with light, I was fading inside it... but then I heard a voice," Riku turned and smiled at Sora. "It was Kairi's, she told not to fear the darkness or the light. Then you faded to reveal Zexion." Riku contined. "Heh, the coward ran for his life" Riku laughed he looked at Sora, but he wasn't smiling infact he looked quite angry. "Sora?" Riku smile faded too.

"I hate what the Organisation did to us!" Sora shouted angrily as he jumped off the tree. Sora picked up a rock and threw it into the water. It skipped a bit but then sank. He went to pick up another one but then a hand was on his shoulder. It was Riku's. Sora looked up at him.

"Hey, it's all over now, we destroyed them." Riku said calmly.

"But... the things they did, we're never going to be able to forget." Sora looked up at Riku sadly. He fell onto the ground and sat there.

Riku knelt down beside him. "Yeah but we can always fix things, and make em' right again."

"He's right you know." Something landed on Sora's shoulder.

"Jiminy!" Sora looked as his shoulder stunned.

"So this is..." Riku was now also looking at Jiminy.

"Cricket's the name, Jiminy Cricket." Jiminy Jumped up onto the Paopu tree.

Sora stood up and Jumped onto the tree beside him, "But Jiminy, Didn't you go back to Gepetto and Pinochio?"

"How could I? I can't fly a gummi ship?"Jiminy looked at Sora and smiled.

Sora laughed "Well I guess not, but I'm sure Donald, Goofy and The King would have taken you."

"Well I suppose they wouldda" Jiminy sighed. "But, I didn't have the heart to ask them, they seemed so excited to be going home besides, I don't think Pinochio really needs me breathing down his neck anymore." Jiminy smiled.

Sora's face fell. He felt really bad for Jiminy, they all got to be able to go home to see their families and friends except him. Riku could see what Sora was thinking. "Welcome home then Jiminy!" Riku Grinned.

Jiminy looked up at him then turned to Sora who was now also brightly smiling. "I hope I'm not being any inconvience to you"

"Not at all!" Sora said still grinning. He looked towards the ocean and his face fell. Kairi was paddling towards them. "What do I do?" He looked over at Riku.

"Sora, I can't tell you what to do. It's all up to you." Riku replied.

"Do what your heart tells you to do." Jiminy added.

Sora nodded. "You're right." Jiminy Jumped back into Sora's hood as Kairi came running towards them.

"Hey!" Kairi shouted as she came closer to them. Riku nodded. Sora grinned. "Are you ok Sora? You look like you should still be in bed." She smiled at him.

Sora laughed. "I'm fine but, uh.. can we talk?" There's somthing I need to tell you." He looked over his shoulder at Riku. Riku nodded.

"Sure. What is it?" She said still smiling. The two walked down the bridge and onto the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I hope it was better that time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back