• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I can't take it anymore!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blendedhearts

You could only have felt this recently. you're only 14. 13, maybe 12 at the earliest, is the point where your brain might even be developed enough to feel these intense feelings.
oh really? then how do explain it being when i was 10, hmm? that's right, ten.

as for the rest of your post, you're just being negative. you think true love is just something we thought up when it's not. you're just not opening your eyes to the fact that there is such a thing. i get why you're acting like this. it's because you've obviously gone through some pain in the past, and don't believe in true love anymore. you said it yourself you would have said the same stuff at my age, and that's 'cause it's real. you can go on saying whatever you want, but like Vexond said, you just gotta look for it.

btw, sorry for spamming an argument in your thread, Hyakkimaru.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Well, it not that hard to meet a new person. Just go up to someone and say hi, you should wait at least till you are older to try and go for it again or you could be like me and ruin the relationship between your friend and the girl. I could even help, though that would make me feel evilish, after they break up you just move right in and make a move.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
oh really? then how do explain it being when i was 10, hmm? that's right, ten.

as for the rest of your post, you're just being negative. you think true love is just something we thought up when it's not. you're just not opening your eyes to the fact that there is such a thing. i get why you're acting like this. it's because you've obviously gone through some pain in the past, and don't believe in true love anymore. you said it yourself you would have said the same stuff at my age, and that's 'cause it's real. you can go on saying whatever you want, but like Vexond said, you just gotta look for it.

btw, sorry for spamming an argument in your thread, Hyakkimaru.

Its hardly spamming. He might base his decisions on wether or not he believes in true love or whatever nonsense. I'm making my case.

While i may have been wrong about the age you started up with (because everyone is different), You are still young, and the people around you still need alot of time to mature. Whati felt wasn't true love. It was the opening shots of maturity. that frontal lobe of mine was finally starting to develop, and i was beginning to see the world in new ways. this is hardly true love, its just that ice cold brick wall we slam into as we walk out of our innocent childhood. If anything, my feelings for the girl now probably sprang up from then, but only becuase i stuck with it and allowed it to develop into something real.

What i'm trying to explain, is that "true" love isn't a real concept. What makes true love different from other love? thats the part i want you to understand. I don't have to look anywhere for love. I have freinds who love me, i have parents and family who love me. Is their love not true?

What is True love but just regular old love? No one person can be a "true love". thats pretty much impossible, because i garuntee the next person you call your true love will not be the last. However, is this to say that you didn't really love that person? Maybe you don't feel the same as for the next person, but there was love for that previous person, right? Are you going to say that all those deep emotions weren't real? To question them would be to question your current feelings, and this is what i'm trying to explain.

I'm not being negative at all. I just don't believe that there is a "one true Love", not until the end of your life where you can look back and say who really meant the most. You won't ever know which love is really true until the end anyway.

Love is complicated. To think that you could put a label like "true love" on someone's feelings is ridiculous.

Maverick E.S

Virus
1. Is there true love? Or someone you would regret all your life for not trying harder/not being able to be with? [this is how I feel about her]
2. Does a chance exist of being able to change the feelings of a person for you? [in this case 'making' her love me?]
3. Do you think she would allow me to be a closer friend of hers, now that she knows how I feel about her?

Yes never forget there is someone out there for you even if its not her, if she stays with who is with then that is who is she with you should not mess with her feelings or his, otherwise you can become enemies or even hated just like that.

Unless she breaks up with him, then there is nothing you should do, never mess with someone elses woman/man, thats just not right even if you love them you must not try to forget. Trust me I have been done this road, even if you like or even love the person it doesn't mean you were meant for eachother.

She might let you be close to her, but not as close as a boy friend if she truly cares for who she is with now.

Just remember, feelings can sometimes get you into trouble you don't want, be careful and don't do anything you know you would regret later on(unless its the right thing to do ofcourse)

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
That's why I think we should get free coins to test life before really attempting it.
May I ask what do you think makes a 'true' love? Feelings? Actions? Thoughts? Being altruist?

Like i've said, to say any one person is my true love would be a lie. I love other people right? ( I hope i do!)

and so do you!

I feel that you can't have a true love. You can't meet some girl, and say "THIS IS MY TRUE LOVE!" Her actions towards you over your life span will ultimately determine if she was really the one. Sure, if you end up being married to her until you are old, you can probably make that call that she was the special one for you.

But right now? All of us here in this thread are so young! we all try to advance on complicated things like love, and try to say that we've been there, but i think we fool ourselves. love as we expirience it now is just love. Its not any truer than any other love! We may feel it stronger towards particular people, but how can anyone make that call? Things change, People Change. AS I have said, the future is fluid, and so everything in it is fluid as well. Love can change to, but how can you say that the old love wasn't true love?

thats my point.

blendedhearts

well, i understand where your coming from. call me naive, but no matter what, i will always believe in true love. one way or or the other.

blendedhearts

kinda what you said a second ago is a good example of when someone has found their true love. when they stay together forever. i'm not sure if true love is something that can be easily explained. i guess it's if you like someone and they like you. if you have been going out for a long time and haven't gotten even almost to the point where you would leave each other, that's most likely a way to tell if they're the one for you.

i'm just not sure, but i know it must be somewhere in the world. some people must have found their true love.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
dam. we have ourselves a situation.
first off, you should meet more girls. I know you're not much of a girl person, but you should still try. if you expect to get anywhere with any other girls, you need to start hanging out with the opposite sex.
loves real dude. if you dont think so, go read a bible or somethin. You really should not try to get in the "friend" zone, but dont be an idiot either. Don't keep telling her you like her (if she still has a boyfriend). if she doesnt, go for it. and crazy people are good, don't give up, until you know there's no hope.
"I don't want to be friends, I either want all of you, or none of you."
I think this is a good quote for your situation (its off a movie or somethin.) You should keep trying for her, and 1 of two things will happen.
1) She'll finally like you, and go out with you.
2) She'll get uber pissed, and not want to even talk to you anymore.
You have to get 1 of these two things to happen. You cant just sit back and be her friend forever, or you'll never move on. Its good for her to hate you (kinda like the blue october song) if shes not gonna like you. so basically, you either need to get her to like you, or get her out of your life. I know this might sound harsh, but its the truth.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
kinda what you said a second ago is a good example of when someone has found their true love. when they stay together forever. i'm not sure if true love is something that can be easily explained. i guess it's if you like someone and they like you. if you have been going out for a long time and haven't gotten even almost to the point where you would leave each other, that's most likely a way to tell if they're the one for you.

i'm just not sure, but i know it must be somewhere in the world. some people must have found their true love.

well thats what i'm saying. You can't call true love. there is never anyone person, because you are going to feel the emotions you described with probably more than one person in your life time.

that special love can all be a label applied after the fact.

CAB_IV

Website
www.freewebs.com
dam. we have ourselves a situation.
first off, you should meet more girls. I know you're not much of a girl person, but you should still try. if you expect to get anywhere with any other girls, you need to start hanging out with the opposite sex.
loves real dude. if you dont think so, go read a bible or somethin. You really should not try to get in the "friend" zone, but dont be an idiot either. Don't keep telling her you like her (if she still has a boyfriend).

I have the solution!

GO HERE!

Outpost Nine :: Editorials :: Mating Rituals III - For The Guys

If you fear the Friend Zone, this is this guy's test. I find him to be very reliable.

Outpost Nine :: Editorials :: The Friend Zone Test

blendedhearts

i don't think i trust that guy. i want to know it from girls if all that stuff is true. 'cause it's nearly impossible to penetrate the mind of the other gender. know what they want. know what they're looking for in a bf/gf. it's just too hard.

mesmerized

This thread has made my headache 10x worse. Well, not just the thread in particular... some of the replies to me more exact. "There's no such things as love." "Yes there is..." "No theres not" "Yes there is."

Ahemmmm....

No matter what your position on this is, don't try to flame someone for there idea or beliefs. No matter what you say he's going to think that love doesn't exist and you're going to think it does. No one changing anything.. because you can't change other's opinions, they change them their selves.

sorry if this is spamming, but I just needed to let you guys know that.

i don't think i trust that guy. i want to know it from girls if all that stuff is true. 'cause it's nearly impossible to penetrate the mind of the other gender. know what they want. know what they're looking for in a bf/gf. it's just too hard.

Its impossible to know what a girl wants. Wanna know the biggest secret that women hold? We don't even know what we want.

Nintandy

Bronze Member
Firstly, everyone, help the guy out. All these posts going back and forth, mesmerized is correct O_O. This thread started out with barely anything, and suddenly it's full of all sorts.

Onto topic, wow Hiro [if you don't mind me calling you that ^^], you really remind me of myself, a lot. Whilst people debate about true love, I must agree, it's a difficult and spontaneous emotion, and CAB_IV is quite right in saying that true love can be a delusion at times. But of course, love is real, and I think I really summed up all my points in my last post :). I personally think it's alright to call it true love, after all it's so strong an emotion it's not so easy to sum up in words. False love? I actually think such a thing does exist, with labels being used, in situations such as physical relationships - the partners call it love but really that is in denial of the truth; it is merely for personal gain.

I too can be shy, and I've grown to be quite inward, so I know how you can be feeling. You sound like a really friendly guy ^^. I've given you most the advice I can already to be honest. Someone here stated that trying to be a close friend and not a lover could bring harm.. well as you said you already are her best friend. My friend is going through the same as you are, and she has had to find ways to cope with her friend and unrequited love. It is possible, and taking on the ideas of true love not really existing, I think it's alright to assume you can find someone else, with patience, and that you too can find that happy ending. I don't think it's worth destroying the friendship, that would just be a waste, and I've known that to happen with my own friends. It's pointless, and can only bring harm in some cases. She means a lot to you, so be a friend, and push on. You're doing a good job in supporting them, so they must be grateful - already I think you've given them one of the greatest gifts of all.

Take care and good luck with everything.

-- Andy

blendedhearts

This thread has made my headache 10x worse. Well, not just the thread in particular... some of the replies to me more exact. "There's no such things as love." "Yes there is..." "No theres not" "Yes there is."

Ahemmmm....

No matter what your position on this is, don't try to flame someone for there idea or beliefs. No matter what you say he's going to think that love doesn't exist and you're going to think it does. No one changing anything.. because you can't change other's opinions, they change them their selves.

sorry if this is spamming, but I just needed to let you guys know that.

Its impossible to know what a girl wants. Wanna know the biggest secret that women hold? We don't even know what we want.
now, see? the girls them selfs don't even know what they want. but i still want a reply about this from at least two other girls. there are all sorts of them, so some may know if that guy is right. even if it is right, you shouldn't use a cheat-sheet for love. it's just wrong. (yay! a fortune cookie moment of my own!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back