• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime that utterly confused you?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Urban_Ninja

An excellent description that I found of Neon Genesis Evangelion:

I've always found Neon Genesis Evangelion to be much like quantum physics: if you think you know what's going on, that means you aren't trying hard enough. The longer you study it, the more confused it makes you, and yet you also become convinced that there must be some kind of method to this madness. Eventually, you conclude that the problem may just be that your puny human brain is too underevolved to understand it... either that, or of course there's always the possibility that the creators were just on crack.

Other animes that have made me go "What the frak am I watching?"...um....

Bobobobo-bobobo (manga). I'm still going WTF?

Weiss Kruez - once you get around the "4 assassins running a flower shop" idea, it makes more sense. Sorta.

Spider Riders and Bakugan speak for themselves. Same with Zatch Bell.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
NGE too, but the MORE confusing part was End of Evangelion @___@ That raped my brain man!!

Totally, I guess we can all agree that Neon Genesis Evangelion was confusing. Also, if you have seen the last 2 episodes of the series, it makes absolutely no sense. I only understand that it showed how people in the anime felt and the last one for Shinji, in the last minutes it showed another version of his life. Anything else confused me, now they're making a movie called "Rebuild Evangelion" though I am not sure if it has come out yet.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
i reckon that darn "My Neighbour Totoro"... geez that was weird...

Blue

home is where the heart is
^ Uh..Totoro and confusing?

The anime that utterly confused me was Serial Experiments Lain.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
-FLCL.
I watched the 1st episode and was like "...............", so I just watched it again, and then got into the series.

-Haruhi.
Ok, I started watching them as they were broadcast, then switched to chronological and got a bit confused in between.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I think Evangelion goes without saying.

Quite easily. I don't think anyone fully understands everything, even now.

FLCL just really bizarre.

Haruhi was hard to follow in broadcast order since the episodes kept jumping around. Watching the series in chronological order destroyed the charm though.

I thought that I understood what was going on in Eureka 7 in the beginning, but as it kept going, I kept getting lost in it all.

Serial Experiment Lain was an absolute mindf*ck.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
hmmm.... dot hack sign was a little confusing (but then again, I was 7 the last time I saw it, funny, I got into anime as a kid, got over it, then went back to it again...weird...)
And what was REALLY popping into my mind was Bobo bobobo.....bo The 1 episode I watched, I was like... okay, this has to be some cheesy american version of anime, then I figures out it wasn't I'm like "Woah! I expected this from a american cartoon but...THEY CALL THIS AN ANIME?!? Jeez..."
lol, that was my exact reaction too lol.

emos777

wow surprised Akira hasnt been mentioned! But yea i was LOST at the end. You hav to watch that movie like 3 times before you understand everything and even then things are still up for interpretation

and for Silh for mentioning Big O's ending...yea it didnt make any sense

C

cam ron 77

The one where that kid skates around with a bat and kills people. and maybe flcl but thats probably because i never really got into either of them all the way

Gamergirl

Silver Member
The one where that kid skates around with a bat and kills people.

That would be Paranoia Agent. I watched one whole ep on adult swim and i was like...wtf did I just watch???.....also belonging in my "'wtf is this s**t about' only after watching a part of the show or one whole episode"
Fooly Cooly
One Piece
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzimiya----> major wtf. I just wanted to smack that chick upside her head cuz she was sooo freakin wierd
Gundam series.....no wait it was just stupid to me overall xD
.hack//sign or w/e its actually called
InuYasha<-----just wayyyyy too boring
Yu-Gi-Oh gx, and pretty much any other retarded ass anime show that comes on toonami now (minus Naruto =)), and fox box/4 kids tv

yea i think im done now lol

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
Red Garden. Or something like that. My friend made me watch it..it took me like 20 minutes to grasp the concept. By then the episode was over. And I'm not even sure now what the heck was going on. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back