• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heartless & Nobodies

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coahtemoc

Ok, so in Kingdom Hearts I, the description of a heartless was "those without hearts," but wouldn't that make them a nobody since nobodies are empty husks without hearts? Shouldn't the proper description of a heartless be a heart overrun by the power of darkness, or are they empty husks of people that had weak hearts (nobodies had strong hearts, so their strong bodies became nobodies) that lost their hearts...?

V

V.A.T.13

Don't worry about it. The game contridicts itself about this bit the most.

Merlin326

when KH1 was first released, Nomura didnt even know he was going to do a second game, so he didnt have the idea of the Nobodies yet.

here's how i figure it:

a Nobody is the body and soul of a being that has lost its heart but is strong willed enough to stay 'alive' (for want of a better word), but their lack of a heart makes then nonexistant.

the Heartless are, as Yen Sid puts it, Darkness made real. perhaps they are just manifestations of the darkness in people's hearts, and as they emerge, they almost literally eat the heart of their 'host' (again for want of a better word) and consume more hearts to increase their numbers.

hope that helps.

EDIT: another solution is maybe the character(s) that said this (the only ones that come to mind are Leon and his gang) were mistaken for whatever reason.

with all due respect,
Merlin326

Last edited:

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
Pfft
Heartless is kind of a bad term to call something that didn't really lose their heart, but rather is just all the Darkness of the Heart come forward.
But calling them Dark Hearts is just stupid.
>.>

xickae

when KH1 was first released, Nomura didnt even know he was going to do a second game, so he didnt have the idea of the Nobodies yet.

I agree with your post but this part. Nomura indeed knew he was going to make KHII, otherwise he wouldn't make the secret end showing Roxas, Riku (KHII) and Kairi (KHII), or he would just make the Deep Dive video for KHFM and release KHFM after the confirmation of a second game. What he didn't know was what could be a Nobody and how they're born. All else I agree with you.

xickae

Ok, so in Kingdom Hearts I, the description of a heartless was "those without hearts," but wouldn't that make them a nobody since nobodies are empty husks without hearts? Shouldn't the proper description of a heartless be a heart overrun by the power of darkness, or are they empty husks of people that had weak hearts (nobodies had strong hearts, so their strong bodies became nobodies) that lost their hearts...?

Now that I thought better I would say the description means they have no feelings (and the heart is where all the feelings are). Heart - feeling = Heartless thats how I see it.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards

That's sorta what I was thinking. The Nobodies are the ones without hearts, so they should be called the Heartless. But than again, when a strong-hearted person looses their heart and they turn into a Nobody, they should be called that. Without the heart, the body should be dead, faded, and shouldn't be or matter in existence or to anybody, since life keeps moving on. They're Nobody, cause they shouldn't matter anymore. Body dies, funeral, and you move on. Sorry if that sounds really cruel, that's not my nature! ^^

As for the description of the Heartless, I'm not too sure. I wouldn't really say they're hearts overrun by the power of darkness, but the darkness of the heart made real. They show no mercy, only they're greed for the heart and the power of darkness. Something like that.

SH_Brat

Well that was from Leon's(and the rests) point of view. The only thing they knew at the time was what they obseved over time and possibly... what they read from the Ansem reports, but Xehanort didn't know much about the Heartless when he started to study them, so it would be safe to say that any of his earlier reports were theories at best. So what was in the first game was pretty much nothing but theories until the second game(or well final mix) came out and revealed the truth, so I wouldn't loo too much in to it. :)

XxKeyOfDestinyxX

Kinda stupid but... I find this all really funny. Like... they're called Heartless but they actually ARE hearts. And the Nobodies are the "bodies" left behind. Their names kind of contradict what they are... sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back