• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and his memories...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seftrex

I have yet to complete CoM but, I was wondering... Riku doesn't exactly lose his memories does he?

I mean, the Org is only interested in Sora and yet the whole storyline for Riku is a tad weird to me.

Can someone please explain to Seftrex what the fish is all about please?

Smarties-kun

Well, as you should already know from having played through Sora's mode, the Organization is after Sora's memories and it is not the castle itself, but Naminé that's tampering around with the memories. And since Vexen is just about the only Organization member who even cares about Riku being in the castle (although Zexion and Lexaeus are also aware of the matter) and they have no reason to even mess around with Riku's memories, Marluxia (who probably doesn't even know he's there, but this is just in case) hasn't made Naminé do anything to Riku.

How Riku ended up in Castle Oblivion, I have no idea, but Riku's mode is mostly there for character development. It's about how Riku gets in touch with his dark side and learns to control the darkness in his heart. That's just about everything there is to it.

septiroth99

somewhere in the dark...hitting menos grandes!
How Riku ended up in Castle Oblivion, I have no idea, but Riku's mode is mostly there for character development. It's about how Riku gets in touch with his dark side and learns to control the darkness in his heart. That's just about everything there is to it.

well, i have a theory. castle of oblivion lays in the dark realm right? and riku and king mickey were on the other side of the door that mickey and sora closed in the end of kh1, right? well, king mickey and riku found the castle in the dark realm and thought it was a way out the dark realm. but they became separated. thats how i can explane the beginning of riku's story. and becouse riku still has xehanorts heartless in him, zexion felt him. and becouse ansem(heartless) and xemnas are parts from xehanort, they're equal.

hope it is a good theory:thumbsup:

neon6

^^
Not exactly. Castle Oblivion lies in the Inbetween Realm. It's just a bit closer to Darkness that's all. Also, it was explained in the Secret Ansem reports that King Mickey and Riku escaped through the Corridors of Darkness. Ansem the Wise escaped the same way during his time in the Dark Realm after he was banished from HB by his apprentices. BTW, the entire Reverse Rebirth game shows Riku dealing with the Darkness in his heart while Sora's part deals with his memories. Vexen and the rest of the Underground members wanted to use Riku to combat Sora. Vexen also tried making Sora realize the truth to hopefully ruin Marluxia's plan only to be assainated by Axel.

carsonj

Website
www.freewebs.com
The reason why Riku went to CO was because "his heart resonates with another hero"~according to Zexion or Lexeaus, I don't remember which.
As for all the members, Xemnas sent Axel to eliminate the traitors, Vexen turned against everyone because no one was taking him seriously (I think.)
Riku's story was included to show that Ansem is not gone.

Chilled_Flames

Well, one could probably think that Castle Oblivion has two entrances. A back door, and a front door, if you will. Sora walks in the door on the side of light and starts out on the first floor. Riku and the king walk in the door on the side of the dark and enter on Basement floor 13. That's how i see it.

Destination

keep playing man, it's worth it. but yea.

Riku was sent because of DiZ (Real Ansem), I don't know if this is true or not, but I think he did it because well he wanted to get some more data on the Nobodies, that's why he needed Riku, or something. I really don't know.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I have a question. (I haven't played Chain of Memories yet, I've only read the plotline and watched the cutscenes.) Where does Riku go as he progresses, besides Destiny Islands? I know Sora goes to imitations of the worlds from his memories, but what about Riku?

neon6

I have a question. (I haven't played Chain of Memories yet, I've only read the plotline and watched the cutscenes.) Where does Riku go as he progresses, besides Destiny Islands? I know Sora goes to imitations of the worlds from his memories, but what about Riku?
The same worlds in different order. There's nothing new for Riku.
Riku was sent because of DiZ (Real Ansem), I don't know if this is true or not, but I think he did it because well he wanted to get some more data on the Nobodies, that's why he needed Riku, or something. I really don't know.
What're you talking about? If you bothered to read the Ansem Reports, you would've known that by the time ATW met Riku, he already knew about the Nobodies. It was said that even though Riku didn't trust Diz at first, he had no choice as they both needed each other.

carsonj

Website
www.freewebs.com
Riku was NOT brought by AtW or anyone but Sora. Sora and Riku's hearts were resonating with each other, so Riku was brought to CO. Sora entered through just a regular door to the castle, no special DttL or a light realm door. CO is located in Twilight, not necessarilly inTT, but in Twilight.

Vexen was able to create the RR because he's a scientist. He was able to make a lifelike puppet (and he stole the recipie for making a heart from Feinklstein! jk) and he put a heart in RR and made Namine create false memories.

There are only 12 basement levels, the top (number 13) is the main level where Sora entered from (not the exact room BtW.)

CoM story follows SDG as they go up CO reliving their memories with a twist, kairi is no longer in any of them. (And yes, kairi had something to do with each and every level on KH1.) As they proceed up the castle, Namine (Kairi's nobody) is slowly moving around the chains of Sora's memories and adding false ones. When he beats all the Org members, Namine promises to give Sora his memories, but Sora has to go to sleep. So Sora goes to sleep. Some time before Sora reached the top of the CO, Riku entered in from the basement. He makes his way up the CO basements fighting off Ansem inside of him, and the RR. The worlds he travels through are worlds that he went to, and that Sora went to. The first four are worlds that Riku went to in KH1. Riku is told by Malificent in HB memories that all that's left in his memories are of the darkness, so riku vows to destroy all the darkness. His sole purpose of going through the other worlds is for him to be able to destroy the dark memories becuase he wants nothing to do with them.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I have yet to complete CoM but, I was wondering... Riku doesn't exactly lose his memories does he?

I mean, the Org is only interested in Sora and yet the whole storyline for Riku is a tad weird to me.

Can someone please explain to Seftrex what the fish is all about please?

Nope he does not lose his memories. The Riku storyline is also weird to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back