• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

kairis grandmother

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sora in shadow

nomura has already stated after the production of kh2 was complete that the legend that kairis grandmother tells her in kh1 is important to the future story line so my only question is how does kairis grandmother no so much about the knights and how do u think it ties to the future kingdom hearts games?

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

Kairis Grandmother is old and BBS takes place ten years ago so she should have some sort of idea of who the knights are. The story or tale, whichever would relate to the keyblade war, i would sum up some ideas as to why but i don't entirely remember the story

roxas shadow

ya i heard that interview too.................in the lagend it does say that people fought over the light , maybe thats what bbs is all about. them fighting over the light aka kingdom hearts

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
kairi's grandmother is.....

AQUA!!!!

haha no. I'm only joking.

she's really MX.

she probably knows some story that connects to the story that she told kairi in kh1. otherwise that story doesn't have much relevance to the story.

S

sora in shadow

it is weird to think she knew them but how for sure i dont know.........

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

well it can be weird to believe that Xigbar knew them as well, but at the same time the apprentices and ATW along with Kairis grandmother were all residents of Radiant Garden, and thus far the knights seem to be well known

S

sora in shadow

that is a good reason that could in fact be true............................... i am dying for new info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
Think about this, when Kairi's grandmother is telling her the story it is right around the time that the events of BBS take place. So her grandmother very well could be the age of MX. Depending on the age of Aqua I could say it is somewhat plauisble that Aqua could be Kairi's mother. Not 100%, but possible.

SzC

Website
www.kingdom-hearts.pl
Think about this, when Kairi's grandmother is telling her the story it is right around the time that the events of BBS take place. So her grandmother very well could be the age of MX. Depending on the age of Aqua I could say it is somewhat plauisble that Aqua could be Kairi's mother. Not 100%, but possible.
Master Xehanort meets Kairi:
"Kairi... I AM YOUR GRANDPA!" :laugh:

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Tis a good thing VAT sent me those old interviews, they come in handy for these kind of situations:

Also, Kairi’s grandmother tells her a story about “the world once perishing and being recreated by the light of the children.” Is this “world recreated by the Light of the children” in fact referring to all the worlds in the game?

Nomura: Yes, that’s right. But that story wasn’t history, it was a fairy tale. It doesn’t mean that story equals the world’s history precisely. Although, there is a certain degree of overlapping.

Meaning you guys shouldn't be taking the story word for word. There might be SOME truth in it, but that's not really how it went down.

Last edited:

Eagl

Yup Hades is totally right. There might be some things that are true in it but still it wasnt exscactly like that.

UrbanQuattrus

Kairi's grandmother is... MEMBER 14!!!!!

...no, not really. But I hope this doesn't turn into "they were all fused as one world before darkness, and that world was EARTH", or some such nonsense. I hated Illusion of Gaia.

But Hades is correct. I would guess it may mean that the connectivity between all worlds was open before darkness came along; no gummy walls, maybe?

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Let me ask you this. Has there been any indication that Radiant Garden will be one of the available worlds in BBS? Cause if it's not, you can pretty much throw the entire theory of Kairi's grandma right out the window. I for one, think it would be highly doubtful that she would be able to leave her world.

And about her story, couldn't the latter part just be a loose reference to Sora and Riku? They may have been teenagers/pre-teens in KH1, but someone as old as Kairi's granny would consider anybody under 20-25 a "Kid." And in the first part, she talked about the light being 'consumed' by the darkness. It's probably a reference to the light that destroyed Xehanort's heartless at the end of KH1 when he opened the Door to Darkness. It seems to fill the bill pretty much to the letter. And the story seems so vague in that part, I doubt that there was even a reference to MX at all. Her story is probably a Radiant Garden legend that had been passed down from previous generations.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Has there been any indication that Radiant Garden will be one of the available worlds in BBS?

I do recall that Ven and Terra were talking there in the trailer.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
that story might shed some light about BBS

It's really very, very unlikely that the story was talking about BBS, since that cutscene either takes place during, or shortly after, the game. That story is about the beggining of time itself. If so, the KH universe would be very, very young.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I guess I missed a few screenshots then. Even so, that still doesn't prove that they could have met Kairi's grandma at all. And if I might add one more thing, Aqua probably won't have any connection to Kairi. I tend to notice that some of Nomura's characters sometimes share facial features. An example of wich would be the big Zack looks like Terra who looks like Cloud discussion a while back.

Let's face it. All we know about Granny is that she lived in the castle, told Kairi a story, could have been part of nobility, and was really old. We don't even have a picture of what she looks like. If she were really all that important to the story in general, I would have expected that there would have been a mention of her in KH2 or CoM.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

the reason for that is because Nomura supposedly likes to sculpture his characters facial features after the Japan Pop singer Ghackt (or however you spell that name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back