• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Which one?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody Master

I greatly enjoyed playing the Kingdom Hearts series, and have decided to try out the Final Fantisy one.
I'm looking on advice on which game to buy as a newcomer to the series, for PS2 (or mabye PSP as well)

Which one did you find the most enjoyable and why?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
IF you the best FFs get FFIV, FFVI, FFIX, FFV, FFIII, FFT,((though you are newcomer that may be a bad FF to start out on goes FFXII as well)).

Though you can only get them for PSX, GBA, DS and PSP((for the remake of FFT)). IMO you should try these..

Haku

<3
I would suggest FFXII but if you don't like the typical FF game I would go with X.

Nobody Master

Alright, I've played FFX-2 a bit 'cause my friend has it, so mabye I'll start with FFX.

Thanks, people!

gottaluvkh1992

Koudelka's Servant
Thes best are 4,6,7,9,12 but only 10, 10-2 and 12 are on ps2 the rest are on ps1, but if you want to try an easy one first i suggest ff7 or ff9, cuz the beginning is fun and VERY easy. And it gets harder going through the game.

Ferry13

O_o a dancing Gaara
Rotterdam in the netherlands and in my house and i
ps2 :would be X IMO
ps1/gba/ds/etc: a range of good ffs like SE said , and of those my fav is IX , that game is what got me into rpg`s and FF , its a really long and fun game , and cheap aswell.
personally i like FF VII after you get out of midgar , at first when i played it i was afraid i was going to be stuck there lol.
And FF VIII has a slow start but gets fun a bit later on.
though alot of games have a slow start.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
since you are "New" to the series the best one would be to play X

I think FFXII is the best though

FFVII is the most "popular" one it's pretty difficult if you aren't a veteran
FFIX is more for veterans, so I suggest you play something before you play IX
FFVIII has a complicated system called "Draw" it's not too hard
FF-FFVI if you can get your hands on them, by all means do it. but they are harder than the newer FFs
I like FF3 personally, but it was long

Crystal Chronicles, I wouldn't describe it as a real FF, because of the gameplay
FFLegends is similar to 1, 2, and 3 where you can get stuck easily. Also, you kinda have to be patient because it's on the older consoles, it has plenty of glitches.

If you decide to play X then play X-2 then that'll help you get used to the other FF compliation and extenstion games like VII and XI

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Final Fantasy X isn't exactly my favorite, but I'd say it's the most accessible to one say... coming from Kingdom Hearts.

Voltron

Silver Member
X, X-2, and VII are ones I'd suggest you choose.

X-2 isn't the best but its got an awesome battle system =]

Cid Highwind

The Captain
i would say either start off with FFX (ps2) or FFIX (ps1). the reason i choose these two are because ff10 is an easy game to start off with, and ff9 is just a beautiful game and it's not too hard to understand once you get used to it.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
For a good story and plot layout, get FFX. In my opinion it has still retained its "youth". For gameplay, go for FFX-2 or FFXII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back