• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's with all the KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darb

I think the story in KH2 was great and deep (enough to create two more prequel games). The only real problem I noticed was the combat. It felt dumbed down and only required mashing the X button and sometimes moving to dodge, if you felt like it. The reaction commands were a great idea and look cool, however in the end they were done poorly, you really only have to keep hitting the Triangle button, requiring no skill whatsoever. Everything else about the game is great, I don't understand how people complain about the story, it's one of the greatest things about the series.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
WELL I could get pretty in depth but here's my major problems:
1) story line is way to linear and vague. Why do i have to do these world in this order to get to a world that ultimately does not matter?(pride lands)
2) pride lands was a waste of DVD space
3) gameplay sucked. Sorry i like difficulty the games i play. Hell the hardest boss "sephiroth" could beat with decent use of high jump and reflect(and of course the balligion hit combos given to you by that level 34).
4) no character development: What happened to riku? Why is saix so stoic? And the biggest question of all..... What's the deal with the black coats?/sarcasm
5) graphics were far from top notch. FFXII showed this. Hell i could point you three games that came out in 2003/4 that looked better.

OH YEAH:
the sound wasn't good, and the character physics, while pretty, didn't really achieve anything in terms of gameplay.

Last edited:

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
I don't think anybody hates KH2. I don't think it's as good as the first. Kingdom Hearts told a better story. Yeah, it's the same, but the story was deeper in the first game. That, and it was a challenge unlike 2. Don't get me wrong, the gameplay and action was awesome, but it was far too easy. Even on Proud Mode, I barely held my breath. Kingdom Hearts 1 had great bosses and the gameplay wasn't too bad. Only bother was the camera. Other than that, it posed a significant challenge. Expert Mode is HARD. God, that mode defines hard. If you aren't a high enough level, you can lose to the simplest bosses, like Captain Hook, or the Cave of Wonders. Kingdom Hearts 2 was really good. The story didn't exactly whip me into a frenzy, but The Organization more than made up for that. The Boss Battles in KH2 were more exhilrating especially with the Boss Theme Music. Long story short, KH1 = Better story, a challenge, great gameplay and KH2 = Extremely Easy Battles, good story, exciting boss battles, but 1 is a better game. Everything just seems too easy. KH2 Gameplay beats KH1 hands down, but overall, I like KH1 better. KH2 does not suck by any means.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Did you guys know that you can take away some of Sora's abilities in KH2 and have the game use the KH1 battle system? It's really cool. Did you guys know that?

Puck

Yeah. It's just too bad Roxas is going to destroy a once potential series.

dr.korytco

Greetings,

I am playing this game for the 1st time. I bought it with 17 dollars of coins, pennies, nickels, dimes.

I totally disagree with anyone that hates this game. I love this game. It is a great game, I could see myself playing it again, where as the 1st game I leave behind. Im starting off on easy , because Im in school and can not dedicate my time to games, and because I can go back and beat it on the other 2 skill levels later.

The story so far is fantastic, the graphics are more intriguing and atmospheric, the worlds...

The characters are more interesting, and animated. Mickey is finally doing things. Chistopher Lee is doing an excellent job as a "bad guy" so far.

The worlds are all that i was hoping for in the 1st game. They are better and more complete.

I do not see why this game would be a disapointment, I honestly just can not see why it would be. To me that is like saying that a week old rain puddle is clean. I just can not believe that this sequel is disapointing. I think a bunch of emo complainers are just making there noise for attention over possibly one of the most greatest modern day series of games/ stories I have had my hands on as of late.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
because they don't know true game when they see it.

No its the other way around, you don't know a bad game when you see it.
I do not see why this game would be a disapointment, I honestly just can not see why it would be. To me that is like saying that a week old rain puddle is clean. I just can not believe that this sequel is disapointing. I think a bunch of emo complainers are just making there noise for attention over possibly one of the most greatest modern day series of games/ stories I have had my hands on as of late
You weren't here when you heard all this crap on it. It was supposed to "revolutionize" the way "american gamers" looked at RPG's. IT didn't. Actually it detracted from it. Where American companies have been trying their hardest to get video games to look like an artform and get stories are intriguing and involved as a good book, this game does the complete opposite. It's 3/4 filler, has no difficulty(wow on proud i have less HP.... oh no what will i do) and the story line is far from amazing. Hell where american companies have EVERY CHARACTER get it's own little backstory to get you to sympathize with them, even the villians, this game has none of that hell when you finally meet they guy to are trying to 'rescue' they dont' even try to explain what happened to him. IT's a let down really, i was really looking for the good game in this, but i could not find it.

Puck

^You realize this game was suppose to be a family game right? And no one ever said it was going to revolutionize RPGs( that was your own fantasy obviously). Or you didn't get it when you played the first one?

So yeah, I think you're just making a lot of noise and trying to start fights like majority of the other KH2 complainers. Bottom line, they could've dished out a game like KH1 and you wouldn't be satisfied. If you think this is a bad game you haven't played many games and judging from your age, I stand corrected.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
^At each conference they used the term "revolutionary" alot. Whether it was "revoltionary battle system" or "revoltionary storyline" it was like they were getting you all pumped for a game that was subpar.

AND they could've dish out a game that was as good as the previous two. CoMs was an amazing game with an amazing story line. KH1, while looking back didn't have anything special about it's story, had a really good battle system with decent graphic and WORLDS THAT ACTUALLY MATTER. You got attached to the characters involve... whereas KHII it didn't. Heck, they could've dish out a a "more of the same type(same KH1 gameplay, physics, user interface and speed, not fixing anything at all)" and i would've been happy. All i wanted was a game that played like it took four years to make not one that looks like a really good budget title.

OH YEAH

being a family game doesn't mean it can't be hard and have a deep plot. Spyro for example, before the fourth game, that was one of the hardest platformers and had one of the deepest story lines I'd ever played in.

THe same can be said for the clank series. And the jak and daxters.

A more recent example: fable. It's not a hard game to play through yes, but it's got a new style of leveling and character manipulation and a whole different take on strategy, AND it's story was really good. And yes, i know little kids who have played through it and understood the plot.

Then of course you have the final fantasy series. Which i have been playing since i was like 5. The story is easy enough to understand and each installment has a different and new story line,all of which is easy to understand(with the exception of 8... that one i had to play through like 4 times to understand), each of which is inclusive.

Last edited:

Puck

Spyro never was for families. Neither was Ratchet and Clank and Jak. Those were hardcore platformers.

I never minded KH1's battle system. I just didn't like the camera. If KH2 had KH1's battle system but had the new camera I'd still be happy with the game. CoM's story wasn't that great. It just involved memories and memory wipe. I guess I didn't like it because Namine did her stupid memory stuff with Sora.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
^Define what is "for children" because we apparently have different understanding of the terms. I don't know many "games" that are "for children" by your standerds.

Axel"s Chakram

KH2 IS AWESOME! IT IS MY FAVORITE GAME EVER! WHOEVER THINKS KH2 SUCKS SHOULD NOT BE ON THIS WEBSITE! THE GAMEPLAY DOES NOT SUCK! the story can be corny at sometimes, but it is good. And the music is PHENOMINAL! this game is perfect to me.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
XIIIStarr said:
I don't know what these people are talking about. KH2 is brilliant. Gameplay, story, music, graphics, voice work, everything! I liked it way more then KH1
Is that a joke? Because I don't get it.

Gameplay don't get me started, story lol what? Sailormoon anyone? music was bad. I love Utada but oh got that song made me want to tear my ears off..

KH2 was just bad.. I wish I look it back and got all my money back..

Cursed, PWN3D and Kawaii pretty much cleared up why KH2 was bad.

Axel"s Chakram said:
KH2 IS AWESOME! IT IS MY FAVORITE GAME EVER! WHOEVER THINKS KH2 SUCKS SHOULD NOT BE ON THIS WEBSITE! THE GAMEPLAY DOES NOT SUCK! the story can be corny at sometimes, but it is good. And the music is PHENOMINAL! this game is perfect to me.
I hate KH2, but last time I checked this forum has way more to then just KH..

I'm sorry anyone who thinks KH2 is good hasn't played many games.. Its reminds of the ones who say''FFVII IS THE BEST JRPG OF ALL TIME.'' Its FFVII all over again..

btw
capslock.jpg

Puck

^I played Oblivion, Halo, FF, Blue Dragon, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid, Haklf Life 2, KH1, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy XII, Star Ocean series, Dragon Quest series; should I go on, sequel hater?

I played many fun games over the years and I still have a blast with KH2. But we all know you hate it, SE. You're the known RPG sequel hater and will insult anyone who likes RPG sequels. When you come in and say an RPG sequel sucks, it's expected. Sometimes I can't take you seriously on RPG sequels because you're going to hate the sequel anyway even if it was good.

Define what is "for children" because we apparently have different understanding of the terms. I don't know many "games" that are "for children" by your standerds.

Um, anything rated E or E10. Last time I checked R&C and Jak were T rated games. Cartoony graphics but definitely not family game material.

Z3120

So those who felt disappointed in KH2 are classified as hating the game too? I disliked KH2 yet not enough to not enjoy it at least, but it did feel like a major disappointment though if you compare it to KH1.

The story felt bland and lackluster. The only real development that felt like something actually occurred were at the 3 instances someone already mentioned. Most of the time, exploration throughout the various worlds Sora, Donald and Goofy traverse to lack any sort of purpose to go to besides Sora's unquestionable driving motive to find Riku and King Mickey perhaps. Each time a new world is open for exploration in KH2, as far as the main story is concerned, nothing is added to it while being in these worlds. Unlike KH1, where there were actually secrets to uncover about the Heartless in general and the mysteries within these different worlds to unravel too, Org. 13 in KH2 seemed as though they lack a reason as to why they even existed in the first place. And for a Illuminati-like group, Org. 13 sure doesn't sound like it's even established with a motive. In a sense, you had the final boss act as a renegade pursuing his own agendas but every other member seems to have been thrown into the mix against Sora for the hell of it. No wonder playing KH:ReCOM must be a necessity. And they said you can play KH2 fine without the need to play COM...

The gameplay felt overly easy, even if the difficulty was on Proud Mode. Even KH1 had reasonable difficulty choices where both veteran and casual gamers could enjoy a challenge level of their liking. Instead, playing KH2 felt like a pushover and battles were hardly tense enough to really get you absorbed into combat or thinking at all really. And the drive forms gave Sora an immediate astronomical edge from his enemies in terms of difference in power. While combat has become much more prettier and flashier, making things quite more appealing and entertaining to look at, overall, the imbalance made this sequel pretty disappointing. (At least KH2:FM+ fixed this though.)

Besides those very two major faults, the visual detail was indeed impressive to look at but the limitation of space and being confined to explore in such a few places was quite upsetting. Since they fixed the camera into becoming more flexible and easier to adjust on the fly in KH2, I wonder why they wouldn't make worlds as enormous as in KH1? Discovering new areas in these worlds in KH2 was as amazing as looking at one floor of a two story house. The only truly redeeming quality of KH2 I found was to be the music and voice acting. Putting aside some very flat sounding voice actors/actresses like Mulan, the music sounded exceptional besides a few I dislike due to personal taste. But hey, I still like KH2. My complaints on Tales of the Abyss is even worse you know, but I've enjoyed that game too, believe or not.

SuperEclipse said:
I'm sorry anyone who thinks KH2 is good hasn't played many games.. Its reminds of the ones who say''FFVII IS THE BEST JRPG OF ALL TIME.'' Its FFVII all over again..

Hey, the difference between FF7 and KH2 is two totally different stories. :thumbsup: Now all-time is stretching it, but for its time, FF7 was a great game indeed. What was in contention for FF7's spot? There is a reason Suikoden 2 is worth so damn much even today...

dr.korytco

Yah, people just are not being fair. Ok it disappointed you a little bit but come on , hate? Lay off the hate man...

D

Deleted member 36435

I could go into detail but I'm far to lazy to do so. Heres my answer:
'Cause KHII sucked...

Puck

^No, it didn't. Hey, weren't that guy who got all hateful because I told you about Experience 0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back