• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

What's with all the KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
This is why no one will ever agree on whether a game is good or not.

I thought the KH@ had an AWESOME storyline and good gameplay too, with lots of new, better moves and actions. I dare someone to look me in the eyes and tell me they didn't think Final Form was cool.

Unfortunately 'cool' doesn't make a game good. The drive forms gave you an even greater advantage over your already easy enemies. If an enemy couldn't be destroyed by tapping X a million times, a big green icon on screen would do it for you. While the character physics maybe enjoyable to watch, it doesn't make the experience any more challenging.

The main story in KH2 was ultimately dire, the organisation were uninspiring as enemies (only Saix and Axel got any decent coverage, the rest were filler enemies), which wasn't helped by their VA's either.

I still stand firm that Chain of Memories is ultimately the greatest game in the series so far

Unfortunately 'cool' doesn't make a game good. The drive forms gave you an even greater advantage over your already easy enemies. If an enemy couldn't be destroyed by tapping X a million times, a big green icon on screen would do it for you. While the character physics maybe enjoyable to watch, it doesn't make the experience any more challenging.

The main story in KH2 was ultimately dire, the organisation were uninspiring as enemies (only Saix and Axel got any decent coverage, the rest were filler enemies), which wasn't helped by their VA's either.

I still stand firm that Chain of Memories is ultimately the greatest game in the series so far

I completely agree with that last sentence.

SimpleHikari

I alternate between Castle Oblivion & The World Th
Website
www.myotaku.com

Hey! I liked their VA's!! (Especially Axel & Demyx's)

Also, when you think about it, KH2 was (in a way) similar to Chain of Memories. Becuase it's leading into something bigger! KH3, BBS, 358/2, Coded.....

Oh, and (due to my obsessive habit of correcting things, it's nothing personal) it's OrganiZation.

I'll admit, the KH2 storyline did lack a little bit, but it was still an enjoyable game. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions though. The only thing I have a problem with is when people say they hate a game when they played it for all of about 5 minutes.

Roxas12

Surely your juxtaposing yourself...You find playing the game to be boring/mediocre. It lacks excitement yet cosmetic touch ups ultimately make it a better experience. BS

Gameplay > Story (excused for Sports/Party games) > Longevity > Replay Value > Graphics > VA

KH2 lacked the first two in that list, and ultimately they are the factors that determine a great action/adventure game...

Then I suppose you aren't swayed by the things in a game you consider minuscule. However I am. So I guess it all boils down to opinion then? But of course we already knew that.

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
i think KH2 was brilliant:good graphics, new worlds, drive form and other things about it

Org. XIII was a brilliant new enemy.The members of the Org. were great to fight against (only if they released Final mix+ in europe so we could face ALL the members)

It was more grown up too(less disney and more Ff if you know what i mean)

Only bad thing was it was a bit easy

I completely agree with you.^_^ KH 2 is my all time fav game.

eddwin

I don't know what everyone's talking about! Kingdom Hearts 2 was the best game I ever played. And if you consider the cut scenes to cinematic then it was also the best movie I've ever seen. The gameplay was fast paced and simple but that only made it better when you get to see the story unfold.

XIIIStarr

I don't know what these people are talking about. KH2 is brilliant. Gameplay, story, music, graphics, voice work, everything! I liked it way more then KH1.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I don't know what these people are talking about. KH2 is brilliant. Gameplay, story, music, graphics, voice work, everything! I liked it way more then KH1.

Completely agree with you =)

Awards
Yeah, I agree with the camera system being better in KH2, It really was a great improvement, I got really pissed off when I had finished KH2 and started to play KH again and I would use the right analog stick to staighten things up ( or so i thought) camera-wise and then because I done that I started using al my potions or using magic or going straight to the bottom of the commands so i have to stop during battle flick back up so i can attack again ARGHH lol sorry for going on about it but YUS! (L) great inprovement!

Kairiangel

Re: What's with all the KH2 ?

Well I think KH2 is way better then KH1!
So I don't know why u say its crap. the CGI and gameplay is way better and the storyline.

MasterXeanort

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Most people did not like Lair but I thought it was very fun to play and did not have too much of a problem with the controls. If you have a problem with KH2's story gameplay ect. then that is your problem. I personally am a big fan of the series and like the gameplay and story. Though some aspects need improvements that is fine. No game is perfect.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Roxas12 said:
On almost every KH board I post on there are at least one or two threads which are titled "KH2 SUCKS!" or "KH2 is crap." I want to know why. KH2 iis not crap. A crappy game lacks in almost all areas. KH2 has phenomenal graphics, top notch voice work, and great music. Now it can be argued that the gameplay and story are crap...but those are only two aspects of the game. I've seen so many KH fans dissing KH2 and I can't understand why. Is it disappointment? A game is NEVER as good as you hype it up to be. KH2 may look like crap compared to KH1 in some people's eyes but as a game itself its nothing of the sort. If You were to judge kh2 as its own game and not compare it to its predecessor you would see that its' not crap. My theory is that the kh2 haters are just blinded by their disappointment with kh2. So if the haters can come up with a solid reason why ikh2 is crap without comparing it to kh1 then let me know. The answers I will most likely get is that the gameplay and story were bad. Well that's fine but even if its lacking in those two areas that doesn't make it crap. If it excels in all other aspects then its not a bad game. Anyway...let's hear some reasons.

I don't mean to single you out but you are the topic starter and I just didn't feel like quoting the other 25 people with similar posts.

Now what I fail to understand is why you all think people who don't like KH2 automatically hate the game? A lot of people just don't like a lackluster story that was overshadowed by the hand held game that came before it or a game that has such easy game play that another game had to made to make it harder. You don't have to compare KH2 to KH1 but since it is the sequel to the first one it is going to be compared since it is an extension of the first one, it's not a spin off so it shouldn't be singled out as one.

Yes KH2 had some good improvements like the camera and better graphics as well as drive forms but those things to most could not hold the game up to such high regards. Game play like I said before was far easier than anyone expected and the story was mediocre since half of the story has nothing to do with Org.XIII and the other half felt like it had no real balance with the Disney characters/worlds and the story. Then there is the unnecessary characters like Tifa,Vivi, Setzer, Yuffie, Cloud and Sephiroth who where either there to aid you in one fight or there for no real reason at all but to make certain fans angry.

You say that game play and story are only two aspects of the game yet they are the most important. Why would you play a game if you don't enjoy the story? Why play a game that isn't even a challenge for you and makes you bored every time you play it? Oh yeah the graphics and voice acting are good so that must make it worth playing, well for most that does not make a game worth playing it makes some sort of pretty CGI movie and most didn't buy a movie they bought a game. You can't just throw out the other important things just to make it look and sound pretty especially when the last two games were considered great in all aspects.

That's my opinion of why I don't think KH2 is a great game.

Roxas12

I don't mean to single you out but you are the topic starter and I just didn't feel like quoting the other 25 people with similar posts.

Now what I fail to understand is why you all think people who don't like KH2 automatically hate the game? A lot of people just don't like a lackluster story that was overshadowed by the hand held game that came before it or a game that has such easy game play that another game had to made to make it harder. You don't have to compare KH2 to KH1 but since it is the sequel to the first one it is going to be compared since it is an extension of the first one, it's not a spin off so it shouldn't be singled out as one.

Yes KH2 had some good improvements like the camera and better graphics as well as drive forms but those things to most could not hold the game up to such high regards. Game play like I said before was far easier than anyone expected and the story was mediocre since half of the story has nothing to do with Org.XIII and the other half felt like it had no real balance with the Disney characters/worlds and the story. Then there is the unnecessary characters like Tifa,Vivi, Setzer, Yuffie, Cloud and Sephiroth who where either there to aid you in one fight or there for no real reason at all but to make certain fans angry.

You say that game play and story are only two aspects of the game yet they are the most important. Why would you play a game if you don't enjoy the story? Why play a game that isn't even a challenge for you and makes you bored every time you play it? Oh yeah the graphics and voice acting are good so that must make it worth playing, well for most that does not make a game worth playing it makes some sort of pretty CGI movie and most didn't buy a movie they bought a game. You can't just throw out the other important things just to make it look and sound pretty especially when the last two games were considered great in all aspects.

That's my opinion of why I don't think KH2 is a great game.

Thank you. You're the first person to actually answer my question. Well I'm not going to argue with the points you made because my main goal in this thread was to find out WHY a lot of people didn't think kh2 was a good game. So thank you for answering.

Dant?s de Divinity

Bronze Member
On a hill in a white dress waiting for my dearest
Well the only game I hate is KHCoM. Why becuase of the use of the cards. The game play should not have used the cards the system was fine but games from japan use cards way too much. The stroy for KH2 is a great mystery if you never played KHCoM. In my mind the mystery element made it a great game. Plus is just love Roxas&Kairi and Namine&Axel couples. lol
bowchicka Terra: Oh crap I have to use cards? Sora: No you get the cool version of the fight system.

VirusCoreHacker

Some People dont Like the Game..And wants everyone else to know....In a bad type of way.
Abusing their Freedom of Expression ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back