• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New voices for certain characters.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia Esteed

m e l o d y . e x e
I see Mary Sues...they're everywhere. They don't e
Website
sophiachi.livejournal.com
Some of the characters in the previous KH game had VA changes in KH2. I'd like some clarification on some:
Yuffie - not Christy Carlson Romano, it's someone else, idk who...
Aerith - Mena Suvari. A LOT of ppl complained over her new voice.
Leon - uhh what the new VA's name again?
Cloud - same as KH1, also used in AC...
Selphie - I think it's the same (Molly Keck), I dunno....
Xehanort's Heartless - Was Billy Zane in KH1, I think Richard Epcar in KH2....
Phil - It wasn't Danny DeVito this time...who was it?

My primary concern though is:
Sephiroth - wasn't Lance Bass, thank God. Either George Newbern (of FFVIIAC, also what Wikipedia states) or Ron Perlman (dunno him lol, I hear he's the one credited). A lil clarification please?

Also, which voice changes were good, bad, or you just don't care? I'll post my opinions later...

Rix

:)
Awards
I loved Billy Zanes voice for Ansem! It was so sexy! Poorly Xemnas did not have that voice.. But I hope Billy Zane will come back!

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I didnt notice a change... xD

Worst VA ever. Bring back Mandy Moore!

His voice fits Leon too, but I rather have David Boreanaz back. Leon deserves a celebrity to do his voice.

Love the VA. Great choice.

It's the same. Doesn't fit the character. She sounds like an old woman trying to do a girl's voice. Which is the truth, as the voice actor is old. xD

Aaaah yeah, I so want Billy Zane back. His voice was brilliant.

Though Wise Ansem, the true Ansem, had a magnificent voice too. The guy who played Solomon in LOTR did him (also did a character in FF12)

Did Danny do Phil in KH1?? I thought it was always the fill-in-for-tv-show-guy.

Sephiroth - wasn't Lance Bass, thank God. Either George Newbern (of FFVIIAC, also what Wikipedia states) or Ron Perlman (dunno him lol, I hear he's the one credited). A lil clarification please?
It was George right??

Also, which voice changes were good, bad, or you just don't care? I'll post my opinions later...
Sora sounds a bit weird atm, but I think in the next game Haley will get the hang of it again. In KH1 he was brilliant, but in KH2 it feels like he didn't really try to connect with the character he played.

kh is ba

I didn't mind Sora's voice but when you go back to the first one it sounds kind of weird. And the one different voice I really noticed was I think Princess Jasmine's voice was different in kh2 but I could be wrong.

lionheartroar83

Yuffie was voiced by the same girl who played Anne Veal in Arrested Development, the name is escaping me. Sephiroth was voiced by the same guy who did Superman in the Justice league cartoons. Quite the contrast huh? One of greatest Heroes and One of video gaming's baddest villians. I love it nonetheless. Mena Suvari did not do a good job, bring Mandy Moore back. Ansem being voiced by Billy Zane was amazing, and I wish they didn't change it. I hope they bring him back.

Rix

:)
Awards
Mena Suvari almost made me hate Aerith...

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
oh yeah. i thought about this a long time ago. those are one of the reasons why i hated kingdom hearts ii more than kingdom hearts one.

typos, battle system, less platforms, voice actors, should of spent more time making the game and final mix would of never happen, theme song was worser than simple and clean, etc. i bought kingdom hearts ii because i liked kingdom hearts but the sequel kinda became a disappointment for me. i liked the new music, new characters, and creative environments but there were some things missing...

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Some of the characters in the previous KH game had VA changes in KH2. I'd like some clarification on some:

My primary concern though is:

Mae Whitman did a good job of Yuffie....Her? [Arrested Development joke] I don't like Yuffie. I think she's a whore.
Aerith is no longer needed. She came, Sephiroth came, she didn't die, Sephiroth left. There's no reason for her anymore.
I no longer like Squall, but David should come back as him. I might start to like him again.
I think Cloud and Sephiroth are gone for good. I heard a rumor that Seymour is replacing Sephiroth as the secret boss. Thank God it's someone else.
I never liked Selphie. If you go to KHU, you'll know my vandetta against her and why I hate 8. I think she needs to be stabbed in the face.
Billy Zane made an awesome Xehanort. I go "squee" everytime I hear those famous lines...
Danny Devito did Phil in the Hercules movie and that was it. He hasn't done Phil since. It's been the same guy. You don't really notice it unless someone points it out. Even then, you still have to listen hard to hear it. The guy was good at Danny Devito.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
^Signed. Christopher Lee was PERFECT.

But this thread reminded me that Lance Bass was Sephiroth. OMG. I've now had my required amount of lulz for the day.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
I never realised how many celebrities had parts in Kingdom Hearts...
Billy Zane was way better than who ever replaced him.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I'd like a new voice for Xaldin. His voice...it's just so OLD sounding for somebody who looks like he's in his 30s or 40s, I dunno how old! It was like he was losing his voice or something. Not very good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back