• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future Xbox 360 games to require hard drive?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
Gametrailers.com - The Source For Video Game Media
127148-1-1.jpg

"Xbox Family has learned that... games requiring the HDD will initially have a 'HDD required' logo clearly viewable on the front of the case [seen above], as well being listed as requiring the HDD on the back info panel of the case," the site says.

A reported 20 percent of Xbox 360 units sold are the Core model without hard drive.

The first Xbox featured an 8 gigabyte hard drive that was used for saving games in addition to game caching that allowed for shorter load times and more amounts of game data on DVD, which have a capacity of 9 gigabytes.

Bizzare Creations, makers of the upcoming Project Gotham Racing 4 on Xbox 360, allege that despite recent rumors, DVD size is a non-issue when developing games on the platform.

"DVD size is absolutely not a factor that we consider when designing our games, and PGR4 is no exception," the company said on its website.

"We've never had to cut content to fit on the disc, and we probably never will... DVD9 gives us more than we need to create a fabulous experience."

Anyone dumb enough to buy the core model just got screwed.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I think many seen this coming and I hope it does.

People who got the core shouldnt be mad because if you buy something cheap like that you are going get __ed. IMO the people who got the Core arent the types who play hardcore games with long storys like LO, Mass Effect, MGS4 etc..

but it help MS in end really.. There only few games like FFXI where you have to have it, so more coming wouldn't shock me..

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
I thought this was going to be one of M$ biggest problems. Not making the hard drive standard meant developers had to factor in the loading times for core owners. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
HO NOES!!!11 360 IS DOOOOM3D !!!!11 HdD'S!

Don't you worry. The 360 will be fine. It doesn't need you worrying about it.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
HO NOES!!!11 360 IS DOOOOM3D !!!!11 HdD'S!

Don't you worry. The 360 will be fine. It doesn't need you worrying about it.
Since when does posting news turn into "HO NOES!!!11 360 IS DOOOOM3D !!!!11 HdD'S!" And I think I should worry about a console that I intend to buy.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Got you confused with a different member. My bad :)

But anyways. It seems that people are 'worried' about the 360's disc space, and hard drive problems. It's lasted this long, why won't it last longer?

Q

Banned
This is not big, folks. The Core sucks - it was only put out to gain cash quickly. Simple as that. Now the prices begin to dip, and the shittier models are kicked off the shelves. I don't see this as that big of a surprise, actually. It won't doom the company and although some people who bought the Core won't like it, I say tough luck for them. They can just buy a hard-drive from the store or eBay.

It's a good move overall.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
This is not big, folks. The Core sucks - it was only put out to gain cash quickly. Simple as that. Now the prices begin to dip, and the shittier models are kicked off the shelves. I don't see this as that big of a surprise, actually. It won't doom the company and although some people who bought the Core won't like it, I say tough luck for them. They can just buy a hard-drive from the store or eBay.

It's a good move overall.
It will hardly hurt Microsoft, but calling it a good move overall is simply a weird thing to say.

F*cking over your customers =/= a good move. Not in my vocabulary. You can say "But Sony did it last-gen!" Who cares, old news, they learned from it. Microsoft? They do the exact opposite of what they did right last-gen. You can say "Yeah well, it's fault of the customer. They shouldn't be so stupid to..." but who's really to blame? The one who buys or the one who sells?

It was a bad move by Microsoft to begin with, that's fo sure. But everyone saw this coming.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
New2ya plz.. Sony keeps adding Sku to the market and probably will never stop.. Now there adding rumble etc.. The ones who first got there PS3 doesn't have it. Shall I go on or stop? So whos __ing who?

The core wasn't even ment for hardcore gamers.IMO, it was for the light ones.. MS isn't ___ing anyone.. If you got core its your own fault..

DG, FFXI makes you use the hardrive doesnt it?

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Probably. But nobody plays that game. Therefore it's not hurting anyone.
If a game like Halo 3, or Mass Effect, or even Call of Duty 4 required one, it would be a big deal.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
New2ya plz.. Sony keeps adding Sku to the market and probably will never stop..
I dont defend their strategy on the SKU's, then again, it's not exactly ___ing over your customers. It's not like you can't play some games.

Now there adding rumble etc.. The ones who first got there PS3 doesn't have it. Shall I go on or stop? So whos __ing who?
And it's impossible to play games that support Rumble with a SIXAXIS? PS1 had the same exact thing.

The core wasn't even ment for hardcore gamers.IMO, it was for the light ones.. MS isn't ___ing anyone.. If you got core its your own fault..
No, MS offered it, and if you dont have too much knowledge about games, you got ___ked over. As a company you need to think how a customer thinks...

DG, FFXI makes you use the hardrive doesnt it?
I think so too.

And DG, if MS announced they will use the logo in the future, doesnt it mean future-games will have it? Meaning, it MATTERS? Thats the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back