• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► KH:TFF... The Sequel...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
That was just a pure awesome story you know you should really consider becoming a author the stories that you write would become best sellers xD.

Fuse

When will we surrender?
Wow.
I had to get caught up.
It took me over 5 hours to read all of this hahaha.

Snowy, You are an amazing writer. I truly appreciate your work.
Keep it up =]

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
to wonder?....or not to wonder?....is that ever the question?...................

... I know that soliloquy. Tis from Hamlet. I could recite it if you like.

"To be, or not to be, that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of... etc."

=O Five hours, Fus3? Wow. I really appreciate that =3 Thanks a lot, it means a lot to me! =D

Thanks, Jub Jub! xD The villains are my faves too. I loves them. For anyone concerned, the whole of the next chapter is about them!

I'mma make a big effort to finish the next chapter for tonight, okay? =D

<3

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Thanks Wolf!

Here it is ~.^ I personally like this one. Gets slightly graphic.

Chapter Seventy-One

“Come in!”

Loki’s voice resonated in the empty darkness, reverberating from the tiled floor to the glass ceiling. Sable simply sat in his chair, legs protectively pulled up before her face. She didn’t like this, every instinct in her body screaming that something was wrong. The sensation buzzed through her as an ominous warning, her nerves crackling with apprehension.

The door suddenly creaked open as they stood there, and they heard a voice. Loki took a step back, unsure of whether to believe what his eyes told him.

“No way to address your older brother, is it? Shame on you, Loki.”

Loki’s eyes widened, but his brow furrowed. This was not possible. Those orange eyes, gleaming there as the figure swept into the room, gliding on soft, elegant footsteps. Hair sculpted down his back, his sharp, intelligent face greeting the man, Loki rubbed his face, unsure of just what to think. He did not speak at all, fearful of what might happen.

Sable rose from her chair, seeing what was going on.

Mikado?

No, it couldn’t be. It was impossible. The man had been dead for seven long years. Yet, there he was, facing Loki off before her very eyes. There was something very eerie about it all. Perhaps it was an apparition. She did believe in ghosts, after all. Maybe that was what they could see there.

“Mikado?” the name escaped her lips as she held her hands to her parted mouth.

The figure gave a single nod, his eyes gleaming as he gazed over to her. He then looked back to the bewildered Loki, a laugh emanating from his mouth.

“Well?” he purred, in that unmistakable, educated tone, eloquent even with this single word. ”Aren’t you going to speak to me, Loki?”

Loki was sceptical, to say the least. He did not speak, but took a step closer, tremulously raising a giant arm from his side. His immediate thought was the same as that of Sable; could it be an apparition? Mikado’s soul? He would find out with a single touch.

Moving forward slowly, he pressed his hand to Mikado’s shoulder.

Solid. Warm flesh beneath his hand. He furrowed his brow. It was an impostor.

“Who are you?” he growled deeply, face creasing with lines of fury as he stood there, trembling with silent rage. How dare they stand there and impersonate Mikado like this? Whoever they were, they would pay for such impudence.

“Took you long enough to realise,” the figure muttered. The voice had changed, but the body remained the same. And, with this one sentence, it was clear who hid behind the disguise. Loki’s eyes widened, and he felt unsure as whether to believe his ears.

“What are you doing?” he growled. It was clear from the tremble of rage in his voice that he was struggling to contain himself. “Jinn, what the hell do you think you are doing?”

Mikado smirked, snapping his fingers. Without a moment’s hesitation, Jinn resumed his true form, stood there with his narrowed eyes grinning wildly. The high collar of his black coat covered his mouth, but it was clear from the creases in his face that he was smiling at the man. The folds of his clothes swathed around his skeletal frame, somewhat dwarfing him within.

“Just like you,” Jinn purred, his nasal tones irritating Loki further. He folded his bony arms, knobbly fingers grasping one jutted shoulder. Loki furrowed his brow further, lips curling into a tooth-baring scowl. Fingers flexed beneath the flared sleeves of his shirt, fearsome lupine power gleaming within his ebony glare.

“What is that supposed to mean?” he responded, voice becoming lower with each growled word. His hands quivered. Jinn smirked superiorly.

“Just like you to react this way,” he retorted, matter-of-factly. “With a blaze of anger.”

“You’re damn right,” Loki shouted. “What were you expecting from me?” He took a step backwards, trying to control his anger. He rubbed his hands down his face, tendrils of his loose hair snaking around his arms. Jinn was a friend; at least, he thought he was. Confused by his emotions, Loki did not want to hurt him, but knew that his suppressed anger might not give him any other choice. He struggled to contain himself at the best of times.

“I shall stop with this confusing charade,” Jinn smirked, delighting in the effect he’d roused from Loki. The smile fell from his face, curving downwards into a deep scowl. “Loki, I am tired of standing in the background while you foolishly rule with your anger. Blind rage is not enough to make your plan succeed.”

“Where are you going with this?” Loki growled deeply, patience running out with each fleeting moment. “Make it quick!”

“I thought you were an intelligent man,” Jinn frowned, attacking Loki’s psyche. “I was always under the impression that you knew what you were doing. I thought that you would lead us to victory, to supreme domination over the worlds.” He frowned angrily. “But now, that you have struck down some of your own, I see that we mere members have no part to play in your ultimate goal.” He moved forward, tempting Loki’s rage. “Admit it! We are just pawns, being strung along to satisfy your own needs.”

“So what if you are?” Loki retorted, looming over Jinn. There was no backing down now. Sable could feel the sparks of confrontation buzzing through the air. This was not going to be pretty. “It is not like you can stop me. By now, there are few of you left. It is not as though you shall begin an uprising.” Jinn scowled, prompting Loki to release a long, loud laugh, echoing through the cavernous dark of the hall. “Is that why you are here? You want to get rid of me?”

“Yes,” Jinn hissed. “I have tired of you and your arrogance. Other than Kali and I, the original New Generation are all dead. She wanted nothing to do with my mutiny, I must add. You waltzed along and insisted you were the new leader, the moment after Mikado’s death.” He narrowed his eyes, arms tense. “He was arrogant enough to die, but at least he understood that he needed others to help him achieve his goal. Not like you.”

“Watch your tongue,” Loki growled, edging closer with a wolfish stalk. “Any more impudence and you will be sorry you even came up here.” Jinn showed no fear, did not move away as Loki grew closer and closer. “Your disrespect to Mikado disgusts me.”

“Is that all you ever speak of?” Jinn replied, smiling devilishly as he shook his head. “Mikado this, Mikado that. I’m surprised you think so highly of him, Loki, after he abandoned you.” Loki’s eyes narrowed, his teeth gritted. “Yes, he told me about your past. All about you.”

“Oh, no,” Sable whispered to herself, knowing that Jinn would spark off Loki’s wrath if he set a toe wrong here. Although, given his sudden brazen words, she knew that this would get ugly soon enough.

“You know what he said?” Jinn teased. His words were lies, but Loki did not know this.

“What?” he growled, fists clenched. Sable closed her eyes. Things were about to escalate. She anticipated the death of Jinn; true, this leech was strong, but his frail body gave even his powerful magic a serious disadvantage when pitted against Loki. His sheer power and size would crush Jinn in minutes.

“He said he had to leave you behind,” he smirked. Just to salt Loki’s wounds, he assumed another voice - Mikado’s voice. “A pitiful, snivelling wreck, a mere, weak child, crying out for assistance.” Pain surged through Loki as he listened to these words, shaking his head, trying to block them out. Agonising memories ran through his mind as he stood there, resenting each of Jinn’s untruths.

“You’re lying,” he growled again, hiding the quiver of emotion lingering within his chest. “Lies, all of it!”

“Getting away from him was wonderful,” Jinn taunted. “No more looking after the stupid child. No more having to support a cry baby. It was a blessing to be rid of the miserable wretch. Father was lucky to be gone; rid of Loki for good. I envy that state.” Loki stepped backwards, subconsciously trying to get away from Jinn and his cruel taunts. “I am not surprised that Mother turned to alcohol. I understand her melancholy now. I know how she must have felt, faced with the prospect of rearing such a hideous excuse for a son. I would have done the same, had I not escaped!”

Loki exploded, throwing a fist into Jinn’s unsuspecting face. He roared with anger.

“You’re lying!” he roared in a rage, tying his hair from his face. He loomed over Jinn as he tried to get back to his feet. “I may not have been around Mikado but I know he would not speak of me that way!”

He kicked Jinn again, receiving a long, pained shout as he tumbled back to the ground.

“Did you honestly think that you stood a chance?” he questioned, standing over the pitiful old man. He breathed a long, growled sigh as he paced around. “I respected you, Jinn. Never once did I think of you as a pawn. The others; yes, but certainly not you. Give me one instance in which I had treated you as being lower than I.”

Jinn pressed his bony hands to the ground, heaving his frail body from the cold, tiled floor. Staggering up to his feet, he shook a little as the pain trembled through his gaunt limbs, shivering from his chest, towards his fingertips. His breaths were hissed as usual, but crackled with an agonising tremor. He wiped warm blood from his cheek, giving a sigh.

“All right,” he growled, eyes narrowed as they found the ground. “You want the truth? Not that what I said was a lie, but I suppose I did not mention my ulterior motive for this rebellion.”

“Alright then,” Loki growled, folding his giant arms. He raised an eyebrow. “I am listening.” Jinn smirked.

“I mentioned you waltzing along,” Jinn cruelly smiled, “and making yourself the new leader.”

“Get on with it,” Sable hissed from the other side of the room. She hopped from the chair, walking along the surface of the table. Jinn scowled at her as she sat down at the edge, watching the conflict. She wanted to support Loki no matter what.

“Well,” Jinn hissed back, “there is an interesting fact you should know, Loki.” Loki glared back, his cold, ruthless face silently demanding the response. “Mikado had prepared for such an eventuality. Just like Ansem before him, he named a successor to take his place when he died.” Loki’s eyes widened in shock; he knew the conclusion of this particular revelation. “Me.”

Loki’s breaths became short, his huge chest heaving as he stood there, debating over whether to take Jinn’s words as the truth. His mind jittered, darting from one idea to another, desperate to know if this was true. It couldn’t be. Mikado would not choose Jinn, would he? Even so, why did he leave it so long? Why did he not mention this sooner? He demanded to know.

“If that is true,” Loki grumbled, eyes burning into Jinn’s injured face, “then why didn’t you tell me the moment I insisted on joining the New Generation?” Sable nodded solemnly.

“Why wait seven years?” she purred quietly. She could see the hurt in Loki’s eyes, and wanted nothing more than to defend him. Jinn smirked.

“I’ve had it all planned out,” he hissed, in his trademark, grating tone. “You seemed intent on bearing the workload, no matter how great it would become. So why argue, when someone else is willing to do the hard work?” He folded his arms, imitating Loki’s stance. “I went along with it, all of this time. I knew Sora would return. I knew he would come back. I also knew that he wouldn’t make the same mistake he did last time.”

“What was that mistake?” Loki mumbled, devoid of any tone. He wanted to hear the reasoning. However, it was clear that his trembling fists ached to pummel the man into oblivion.

“He left us alive,” Jinn purred, delight in his beady eyes. “He left the members alive, but killed Mikado. He thought that would be enough to stop us.” He laughed a little. “He was naïve. So, the boy, naturally, would not make the same mistake twice. He learned from it, as I thought he would. I knew that he would defeat the members, one by one, no matter how many we recruited.” He shifted his weight, clutching at his aching chest for a brief moment. “So, I decided to bide my time. I waited seven long years, letting you do the work. Sure enough, Sora arrived once more, defeating the members as he went.”

“You waited until only a few remained,” Sable whispered. Jinn nodded.

“Precisely,” he stated. Loki growled.

“Why wait until only a few were left?” Loki questioned angrily. It had to be said, he was keeping his temper rather well. “It seems rather pointless. If you reacted straight away, more would have joined this mutiny, as you call it.”

“I knew the members would not turn against you,” Jinn explained. “Let’s be honest. Who would scare them more? A hulking, wolfish, terrifying monster, or a frail, appearingly helpless old magician?” He got no response; it was safe to say that they assumed Loki would be chosen over Jinn. “They would not dare step a toe out of line, when faced with you. I could not scare them at all.” He smiled. “So, if I dared to speak out against you, they would all turn on me. But now, with only six of us left, it appears to be the right time. All of you will fall at Sora‘s hands.” He held his head high.

“Are you forgetting that the six of us are the most powerful?” Loki retorted. “There are less of them, but there is no doubt in my mind that they are incredibly strong, Jinn.” He smirked superiorly. “Besides. I do not see anyone else at your side in your little rebellion. You could not win alone. I have you outnumbered.”

“And who might be on your alliance?” Jinn frowned. Loki smirked.

“Well, Sable, for a start,” he purred. Sable smiled, giving Jinn a sarcastic wave. “And Orexein.”

“Not to mention Kali,” Sable added eagerly. “You mentioned she had nothing to do with this.” Loki nodded.

“Plus, Koma is intent on helping me,” he smirked, eying Jinn viciously. “He owes me his life, after all. And Ivy. That just leaves you alone, eh, Jinn?” Jinn scoffed at this, his face a deep, wrinkled scowl.

“Means nothing to me,” he insisted. “They will not survive long. Koma and Ivy will fall. As will Kali, eventually.” He narrowed his eyes. “And call it megalomaniacal, but I’d prefer to rule alone.” Loki gave a barking laugh, prompting Jinn‘s vindictive frown to deepen. “Stop being so arrogant. As much as you insist otherwise, you will not defeat the Keybearer.”

“Is that so?” Loki purred, still with a wild smile upon his chiselled face. “Give me one good reason why not.”

“You underestimate the man,” Jinn replied, nonchalant. “You’ve never even seen him, have you?” Loki shook his head. “I can guarantee, the moment you set eyes upon him, you will disregard his reputation and get cocky. You are shallow like that, Loki.”

“What makes you so sure?” Loki whispered. “Regardless of how he looks, he wields the Keyblade.” His eyes narrowed. “That is not something to be taken lightly.”

“Trust me,” Jinn smirked. “The man is rather…” He deliberated for a few moments. “Scrawny-looking.” Sable nodded, looking to Loki.

“You can’t judge him on his first impressions,” she mumbled, playing with her claws.

“But this is besides the point,” Jinn said, getting back to the original point. He faced Loki down, courageously. “You will die.”

“You’re wrong,” Loki grinned. “Mikado appeared to me in a vision, Jinn. I know not to make the same mistakes he did. I will not fall at the Keyblader’s hands.” He spoke with utter conviction, passion surging through his increasing shout. “I made a promise to kill him, and that is what I am going to do. I will avenge Mikado, you can be damn sure of that.”

“Good for you,” Jinn rolled his eyes sarcastically. “In this vision, did he question your assumed leadership at all?” He seemed unaffected by Loki’s roaring protest.

“You’re crazy,” Sable commented beneath her breath. Jinn beamed at her.

“Even so, I am still the rightful leader of the New Generation,” he hissed, changing the subject. They had deviated from the point long enough. “Mikado willed it.” Loki narrowed his eyes.

“I want some proof,” he growled, filled with frustration. There was one way to get his evidence, Sable deduced.

“Kali,” she purred. Loki nodded; he’d thought exactly the same. It was not well-known, but there had been some affection between Mikado and the woman. If anyone knew his plans, it was her. Loki thundered towards the door, cupping his hands around his mouth.

“Kali!” he howled, his shout resonating through the halls of the castle. He turned back, glaring at Jinn with smouldering black eyes. “Don’t you dare think you have won. Not for a second. Once Kali gives me the truth, I shall break those scrawny bones of yours with my bare hands, regardless of whether you are right or wrong. Your time is up.”

Hehehe <3

I

The Show Must Go On
Oh damn Snow. Damn. Just damn. Loki is maaaaaaaaaad! Ooooooooooooooooo!

And you wrote Loki x Sable fluff and didn't tell me about it! I'm so hurt! (lol, jk) I still loved it <3

You know, I've always visualized Loki as being less hulky but more, hmmm... streamlined. Like, he looks really lean, but he's a beast... I dunno, that's just me.

*hugglespin*

Zceith

Gyahahhhh! Finally caught up! I think my brain has turned to mush though... thirty-two pages is a bit much... Anyhow, amazing chappy, as expected. Keep going!!!

Poor Ikawa...

Zceith

S'all right, I'll forgive this time. ( And for Furia)

BUT! You have to promise not to kill Donald. I want first whack.

I

The Show Must Go On
Lol, killing off main characters is great <3 Shows that Snow-chan is able to handle writing dramatic changes! (See, if I had my way, I'd kill off the majority of the main charries in my ficcy... but then my fans might hunt me down and torture me until I take it back :3)

Ikawa's gone, Ikawa's gone, now why can't Sora go too?

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
(See, if I had my way, I'd kill off the majority of the main charries in my ficcy... but then my fans might hunt me down and torture me until I take it back :3)

Got that right. D:

Omg more villainous chappies. Lurve it! <3

Honestly I had totally forgotten about Jinn. xD Hopefully he won't last only a few chappies. O.O

Fuse

When will we surrender?
Ahhh
Another great chapter by Snowy!

Twists and Turns are all about. xD

giuocob

Lol, killing off main characters is great <3 Shows that Snow-chan is able to handle writing dramatic changes! (See, if I had my way, I'd kill off the majority of the main charries in my ficcy... but then my fans might hunt me down and torture me until I take it back :3)

Ikawa's gone, Ikawa's gone, now why can't Sora go too?

Do what I do. I kill mine off really early on. :toungesmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back