• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's wings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eru-777

I'll leave that up to your imagination...
Website
www.myspace.com
Looking at pics. of Riku, I realized that on the Final Mix cover he has wings. I was wondering why he has them, or is it just a play on Sephiroth's wings? And if Riku and Sephiroth have nothing to do with one another, then why does Tetsuya Nomura continuously make them look alike and sometimes act alike? Is he just playing with us!!?? Here's the pic.

http://www.rpgfan.com/soundtracks/khfm/cover_l.jpg

Sexy Angel
If there is a meaning to it, i dont see what it is... rikus wings is just like the pic of sora with his hood on and he has a flag...

Maverick E.S

Virus
Well it might have some meaning cuase well the one with sora witha a flag was never on a game cover but this one with riku with wings is so it miight or might not have meaning

Kurxi

Maybe it means that Riku is the devil? Due to the go with Maleficent, become a controller of Heartless and all that.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
well, wings usually have to do with angels. usually angels are associated with light. except in cases like sephiroth. so maybe it's put there for us to question which he is: a person of light who embraces darkness, or a person of darkness who contains a glimmer of light.

it prolly has a meaning cuz many artists (japanese artists of any sort especially) often put a deeper meaning into even some of the smaller, less obvious things included in their artwork. [many manga artists admit to doing this as well] so i don't know.

Duality

yeah, i think they're just playing with what the one-winged angel for sephiroth means. i kinda agree with nothingsfear. but again, its part of the statue.

V

V.A.T.13

1. He's on a statue.
2. same question could be asked about the crown above sora's head and the wing near kairi.

I think they added that stuff just to look cool.

Awesome Ansem

The wing in that picture is obviously from a statue. But if you've noticed in other pictures, riku is holding souleater behind him (kh1 cover and another final mix pic). They could just be showing black wings to signify that riku is not a completely light person, or uses the power of darkness. I'm pretty sure the wing has nothing to do with sephiroth (I used my common sense on that one).

bleachmagic

actually i also think is a statue if not then wings look black so maybe it symbolies that in the game he goes to the darkness

Denki-Kurai

yeah it's the statue.
but if it had a meaning i think it would e riku is like a guardian angel that watches over sora and kairi.
(makes sense)

Eru-777

I'll leave that up to your imagination...
Website
www.myspace.com
well, wings usually have to do with angels. usually angels are associated with light. except in cases like sephiroth. so maybe it's put there for us to question which he is: a person of light who embraces darkness, or a person of darkness who contains a glimmer of light.

it prolly has a meaning cuz many artists (japanese artists of any sort especially) often put a deeper meaning into even some of the smaller, less obvious things included in their artwork. [many manga artists admit to doing this as well] so i don't know.

I like this theory the best. As for everyone else...yes I know the wings are from the statue...so what? It could still be symbolic! :p Otherwise, why would the artist specifically put the wings behind Riku?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back