• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Smoking Pot.?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Where did I assume people who drink are alcoholics?

Go ahead.
I don't drink anyways.
I find alcoholics weak and pathetic anyways.

If you need alcohol, I find it quite pathetic.

As if you could imply anything else.

The other night I had some vodka. I didn't get drunk. Tomorrow night, I probably will be getting drunk. Doesn't make me an alcoholic. I don't need it. I can live perfectly without. But every now and then I do like to get drunk. It's hardly pathetic, I'm just having fun.
What is pathetic is that your views are so narrow.

I've had a couple of puffs of weed. Not enough to have gotten stoned, though. I'm not dependent on it. But I'd probably do it again if given the chance.
My reason for why pot's legalality is that it's causing more harm illegal than it would be if it were legal. Smoking weed is not murder. Going through all the motions of prosecuting someone for something so small as weed and then putting them in jail costs more than it's worth.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
As if you could imply anything else.

I'm sorry you must imply everything from what I say, when usually what I say, I'm being very literal.

The other night I had some vodka. I didn't get drunk.

Please.
You're 16, and you're always talking about how you get drunk and have sex and wake up not remembering anything, especially in the chat. Perfect role model.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
No, I don't think it should be legalized. Pot contains a mild form of acid, you know. Which, yeah, impairs functions and even causes short-term memory loss. Don't "but it can be a good pain killer" me, because there's already plenty of prescription painkillers around, which are meant for just that, killing pain. Not getting a high.

Heartless Hunter

For one thing, the idea of pot being a painkiller is just a sorry excuse so the losers gain a flawed justification to continue smoking it. I agree with you completely, Hero_of_Fate.

Marijuana is a waste of time and money. It's completely unecessary. It's simply for the weak and stupid, just as other drugs are. If you think you're justified enough to say, "No! Some people have the worst lives! You have no idea what they go through! Pot is what relieves them! So if that's so, why not legalize it so they can gain some sort of happiness!"

What I'd say to person who would reply with that, is:

"If you're truly that unhappy, at least try to reassess your situation and the major conflict(s) in your life. Pot is a useless drug that will only create more demise and feelings of failure. Focus on attempting to solve the little conflicts that make you unhappy, and then work your way up to facing the major emotions so you can get back to having purpose. If you're too weak or lazy to manage rebuilding your life like that, go jump off a bridge and do the world a favor, before you end up running over a kid or shooting a neighbor after getting high."

Anyone who bothers smoking marijuana or doing a drug, will end up raping society, whether it be as harmless as wasting time that he should be meeting the day's quota at the office or as devastating as running over a little kid riding a bike down the street. If pot was illegalized, the weak, typical losers of America would be sent to prison where their useless ***es belong. ::RANT COMPLETES:: :closedeyes:

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
No, because people still do it =P

People shoot other people with guns. Should we get rid of all the weapons in our society? People punch other people. Should we get rid of our hands?

I was talking to the potheads, not their supporters :3

...which is yet another fallacy. To support the legalization of marijuana is not the same thing as supporting potheads. The potheads just benefit from it.

I deeply apologize you guys, but, I simply don't have the patience to reply to all of your posts in quotes. Too bad.

e.i., "I can't think of any retort."

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Marijuana Health Mythology

I lol @ that

That alone disproves most of your arguments. I bet if you went and looked for yourself, you would find even more supporting this. Maybe I should post some more.

ScienceDaily: University Of Toronto Study Shows Marijuana Not A Factor In Driving Accidents

Drug Policy Alliance: Myths and Facts About Marijuana

Erowid Cannabis Vault : Exposing Marijuana Myths

HEMP AND MARIJUANA: Myths and Realities

They all basically say the same thing =/

What I am not saying is that Marijuana isn't harmful.

Of course it is harmful; but to a degree. Like I have said before, its not as terrible as you are lead to believe. Reading most of the peoples post in here just scream "Media drone". I find this pretty funny to since these are the people calling pot smokers the idiots when they are the ones that succumb to the propaganda they see on T.V.

The Big Lovin'

I actually don't take the media seriously, I have my own personal reasons to dislike the idea of pot being legalized.

If they have anything to do with your previous post, you might want to re-think those reasons =/

What are your reasons?

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
If you must know, my father was involved with pot and alcohol when I was an infant. As a matter of fact, he almost killed my mother and unborn older brother(which would, in turn, mean I'd never exist), when he drove after smoking pot. Aside from that, he was rather violent due to his problems with both substance. Anyway, long story short. My family was torn apart and it took almost 4 years for my father to realize the mistakes he made, and then 3 more for him to clean up his act. He's a completely different person now, and he's much better off without the both of them. His reasons for not stopping before he realized he ruined his life? The same reasons people are using in this thread. It's not an "addiction" if I only do it once and a while. "I don't need it, I can stop anytime I want", and it actually ended up taking 7 years for him to stop.

That good enough for you?

The Big Lovin'

If you must know, my father was involved with pot and alcohol when I was an infant. As a matter of fact, he almost killed my mother and unborn older brother(which would, in turn, mean I'd never exist), when he drove after smoking pot. Aside from that, he was rather violent due to his problems with both substance. Anyway, long story short. My family was torn apart and it took almost 4 years for my father to realize the mistakes he made, and then 3 more for him to clean up his act. He's a completely different person now, and he's much better off without the both of them. His reasons for not stopping before he realized he ruined his life? The same reasons people are using in this thread. It's not an "addiction" if I only do it once and a while. "I don't need it, I can stop anytime I want", and it actually ended up taking 7 years for him to stop.

That good enough for you?

So you apply your fathers idiocy to the rest of the world? Nice.

Heartless Hunter said:
It's literally as simple as this. Pot is an unnecessary drug... don't take it.

Unnecessary? A lot of things are unnecessary in our society. Come up with a better argument than that =/

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
I apply the fact that these facts, are not pure fact at all. If there is any doubt that such a thing would cause problems, which is usually DOES, then it should not be permitted into legalized society. We have enough problems already. It's not like legalizing it will stop people from buying it anyway. It will just give idiots more of a reason to smoke it. Idiocy is a major part of life, after all, and it's ridiculous to think legalized pot is a good thing. Pot is a gateway to worse drugs, such as Heroin. I may be being a pessimist, but things generally do go from bad to worse in this world.

The Big Lovin'

I apply the fact that these facts, are not pure fact at all. If there is any doubt that such a thing would cause problems, which is usually DOES, then it should not be permitted into legalized society. We have enough problems already. It's not like legalizing it will stop people from buying it anyway. It will just give idiots more of a reason to smoke it. Idiocy is a major part of life, after all, and it's ridiculous to think legalized pot is a good thing. Pot is a gateway to worse drugs, such as Heroin. I may be being a pessimist, but things generally do go from bad to worse in this world.

...I guess you didn't take out the time to look at the links a I posted, eh?

Heartless Hunter

Unnecessary? A lot of things are unnecessary in our society. Come up with a better argument than that =/

I clearly said unnecessary drug... It's not as if I were saying it was a luxury. It's simply a drug that doesn't need to be taken for any reason. You take a drug that you are either prescribed to or is a universally accepted treatment for a condition, not one sold on the streets that will simply get you overly excited for a good two hours.

Drugs and devices can't be compared. The same goes for drugs and food. It's just a ridiculous concept, because in the end, a drug with no purpose is useless. A meal at McDonalds might be terrible for your body, as a certain drug would be, but it serves the purpose to fill you up. It's unecessary to eat, but it will be somewhat useful in the end.

Last edited:

The Big Lovin'

I clearly said unnecessary drug... It's not as if I were saying it was a luxury. It's simply a drug that doesn't need to be taken for any reason. You take a drug that you are either prescribed to or is a universally accepted treatment for a condition, not one sold on the streets that will simply get you overly excited for a good two hours.

Drugs and devices can't be compared. The same goes for drugs and food. It's just a ridiculous concept, because in the end, a drug with no purpose is useless. A meal at McDonalds might be terrible for your body, as a certain drug would be, but it serves the purpose to fill you up. It's unecessary to eat, but it will be somewhat useful in the end.

...you do realize how hypocritical your statement is, right?

Libra

Your Ending Theme
I don't see why it's illegal, but I have seen quite few people who become mentally dependent on it. It is sad really, but thats because they do it non-stop every day of the week.

As for recreational purposes I have no qualms about it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
e.i., "I can't think of any retort."

No. I simply don't have time to type out 15 page long posts and 3 day long arguments refuting arguments anymore. Forgive me for having a life.

How about you don't talk for me or put words into my mouth, and I won't do it to you?
kthx.

Should we get rid of all the weapons in our society?

Personally except for police offers, yeah I think so. =(

...which is yet another fallacy. To support the legalization of marijuana is not the same thing as supporting potheads. The potheads just benefit from it.

I'm not talking about that. I simply said that I was speaking towards the potheads and addicts, not general marijuana users.

That alone disproves most of your arguments.

My argument that marijuana can distort your state of mind and alertness...which is in fact...true?

Just as most experts agree that occasional or moderate use of marijuana is innocuous, they also agree that excessive use can be harmful. Research shows that the two major risks of excessive marijuana use are:

1. respiratory disease due to smoking and
2. accidental injuries due to impairment.

Why should we add this to society?
Because some bored kids have nothing better to do than smoke pot in their living room and want to do it legally?

The Big Lovin'

Dogenzaka said:
My argument that marijuana can distort your state of mind and alertness...which is in fact...true?

I said most. Distort is exagerating it, though.

Because some bored kids have nothing better to do than smoke pot in their living room and want to do it legally?

lol excessive use

And add it to society? Its already in society. Legal or not.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
No. I simply don't have time to type out 15 page long posts and 3 day long arguments refuting arguments anymore. Forgive me for having a life.

If you have such a busy life, then why are you posting here instead of living said life?

Personally except for police offers, yeah I think so. =(

So you're willing to make an exception. How about we just make the same kind of exception for marijuana?

I'm not talking about that. I simply said that I was speaking towards the potheads and addicts, not general marijuana users.

I'm simply addressing the issue of broad generalizations when it comes to legalizing marijuana.

...which other, legal medicines do as well.

...and thus completely ignoring the medical applications of marijuana.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I'm sorry you must imply everything from what I say, when usually what I say, I'm being very literal.
Uh huh. So you were being explicit when calling everyone who drinks alcohol an alcoholic? Someone mentions the illegalization of alcohol and you say "Do it. I don't drink alcohol. Alcoholics are pathetic."
Seriously, what else could a person think when reading that?

Please.
You're 16, and you're always talking about how you get drunk and have sex and wake up not remembering anything, especially in the chat. Perfect role model.
Yeah, I know I'm terrible. Considering that only happened once. I've been drunk no more than ten times. Completely wasted, twice.
I've had sex twice. Only once when I was drunk. Just last night I had two glasses of vodka mixed with softrdrink. Alcohol. And yet I did not get drunk.
You're 15 (at least according to your profile). Do not think you are more mature than me or smarter. You may make differant choices to me, but that does not make you better.
That sarcasm is uncalled for. No 16 year old is any kind of role model, and not once did I ever claim to be one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back