• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Smoking Pot.?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

cboy305

Even though it can't kill you, I heard on CNN that ultimatly after using marijuana for a long period of time
that it stops working and people go get hooked on other drugs. Drugs that can kill you.

AngelofAdvent

Start the Machine
As always! You get some rep for realizing it, babe.

You get rep for calling Dogen babe!

I personally think pot shouldn't be legalized. Though i hear it can't kill you, it still causes a bad effect, unlike alcohol, which you must consume enough of to have a serious effect, and ciggarets, which don't get you high.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Even though it can't kill you, I heard on CNN that ultimatly after using marijuana for a long period of time
that it stops working and people go get hooked on other drugs. Drugs that can kill you.
If people become dependent enough on the high, then yes, that will happen. That's why we have rehab.
But not all use of pot leads into drug taking escalation. Believe it or not, you can do drugs and be sensible at the same time.

I've done pot. Haven't gotten high though. I honestly don't think there's that much of a problem with it. It's worth an experiance and hey, I've got the opportunity to do it now without getting in serious trouble. Legally, I get a clean slate on my 18th birthday. Why not.

In regards to legalisation: I'm not against it. I can't see how it'll lead to the legalisation of anything else. And it I believe it would do more good than harm. It would also need to be regulated.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Things that you have no idea what you are talking about, right? Of course you can kill others while you are on it. You can kill other people while you are off it too.

Valid medical source that says overdosing tylenol effects your sanity, focus, and/or mental thought process while taking actions out on others?

You are still able to drive.

You obviously don't know about what you talk about, either.
I know someone who works for a rehab clinic, and a friend of mine's father is a judge for juvenile's court. I know what these things do to you.
Smoking marijuana distorts your mental ability. It CAN cause you to have trouble focusing while driving.

That’s worse than the high of weed.
You mean because overdosing it kills you?
Yeah, so? You die. That's your problem.
What happens when you smoke a lot of pot?
Is it someone else's fault your drove your car off the street into a toddler?

...thats ironic, considering that when you get high, thats about all you feel is "chill"

I'm surprised you remember.

Drug addicts phail at lyfe.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Sorry to do this but I Kawaii or Ryan let me on his account just to post a few of my views on this matter for today at school. So whatever I say it's not exactly him saying it.

Dogenzaka said:
You don't have to overdose with weed to feel its effects.
And tylenol? Please. If anything, it can kill you if you overdose.
But weed? You can kill OTHERS if you do it.
What makes you think that weed makes everyone want to jump into a car and kill people? With a regulated amount it should only relax and relieve you just like any other legal medicine. Have you tried weed? Do you really know it's effects?

But we're assuming that you don't abuse it.
Let's assume people who take Tylenol with normal doses intentions of its effects, and marijuana with normal doses and intentions and its effects.

Which one could make your thinking distorted enough to drive off the road and hit a senior citizen?
Your assuming that one hit or regulated dosage of weed makes you go crazy. If it was legal then it would have a warning for that dosage that you shouldn't drive and such just like with other medicines if that were a reoccurring side effect of that dosage. If you drove while on medicines like Advil or allergy medicines it would do the same thing so don't drive if a side effect impairs your vision.

I'd keep going but I g2g.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
What makes you think that weed makes everyone want to jump into a car and kill people?

I said this?
No, I didn't.

But a large portion of pot smokers do it in their car, and if they decide to drive, their focus can be impaired.

Have you tried weed?

I don't need to be a pothead to live a normal life.

Your assuming that one hit or regulated dosage of weed makes you go crazy.

Stop putting words in my mouth.
I just said it's a proven fact it impairs your focus and mental thought.

If it was legal then it would have a warning for that dosage that you shouldn't drive and such just like with other medicines if that were a reoccurring side effect of that dosage.

Even with the warning label, people would abuse it, and we'd have more accidental deaths.
Do we really need more of that just because some people can seem to enjoy themselves without a puff of marijuana?

If you drove while on medicines like Advil

Advil does not impair your mental state.

allergy medicines
The only types that would effect you at ALL are the drowsy kinds, which are rare.
Most are Non-drowsy.

so don't drive if a side effect impairs your vision.

Who said anything about vision?

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Every serious scholar and government commission examining the relationship between marijuana use and crime has reached the same conclusion: marijuana does not cause crime.

Moderate smoking of marijuana appears to pose minimal danger to the lungs.

There is no compelling evidence that marijuana contributes substantially to traffic accidents and fatalities.

Marijuana does not cause overdose deaths.

source: Drug Policy Alliance: Myths and Facts About Marijuana

Marijuana is not nearly as dangerous as people like to think. ;D

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
After taking a look around I just might join this site it's kinda interesting to talk about these issues with people who can actually debate, thats rare where I'm from.

I said this?
No, I didn't.
^Didn't you say that?
Which one could make your thinking distorted enough to drive off the road and hit a senior citizen?"
^Once again.

Even with the warning label, people would abuse it, and we'd have more accidental deaths.
So that could happen with any legal drug, but it doesn't mean that it will. You just assume that if weed is legal that it will be taken without precautions or in a way thats reckless way.

Advil does not impair your mental state.

Medicinene.net said:
The most common side effects from ibuprofen(advil, motrin, etc) are rash, ringing in the ears,dizziness, drowsiness, abdominal pain, nausea, (..etc)
I'm sure that being dizzy, drowsy and having ringing in the ear could impair your mental state. If your dizzy you can't pay attention, if your constantly hearing a ringing in your ear you might not pay full attention to things at any given time.

The only types that would effect you at ALL are the drowsy kinds, which are rare.
Most are Non-drowsy.
So that doesn't mean people won't still go out and buy the drowsy kind and end up driving then killing someone like in the same way you think they would do with weed.

I don't need to be a pothead to live a normal life.
Yeah and neither do glaucoma patients or cancer patients, not everyone who uses weed is a pothead just like a person who regularly uses painkillers isn't considered a druggie .

Who said anything about vision?

You said:
I just said it's a proven fact it impairs your focus and mental thought.
Uh dude you said it in that same post..like a few sentences ago. Usually focus applies to vision or to see clearly that was the way I took it if you meant focus as in pay attention then disregard the previous sentence.

I'd like to say that even though it has been proven to impair you it doesn't mean that it does that to everyone some people get energized from taking it some have a more positive attitude *especially cancer patients*. The depending factor in this is how much you take, how you take it, and or how potent it is.

sorry bout all the quoting it just made things easier for me.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Valid medical source that says overdosing tylenol effects your sanity, focus, and/or mental thought process while taking actions out on others?

Did I say that? I don't think I did.

You obviously don't know about what you talk about, either.
I know someone who works for a rehab clinic, and a friend of mine's father is a judge for juvenile's court. I know what these things do to you.
Smoking marijuana distorts your mental ability. It CAN cause you to have trouble focusing while driving.

I know what the hell I'm talking about. I smoke the stuff. I also know people who smoke the stuff. I know people who work at rehab clinics. I know doctors =/

I think I have my facts down and yes, it can "distort" you cognitive functions, but you will have to smoke a lot of weed for that to happen. Thats when you begin to see shit.

You mean because overdosing it kills you?
Yeah, so? You die. That's your problem.

Did I say that? I don't think I did. That has nothing to do with the statement that you quoted above. Yes, it can kill you. It does other shit as well.

I'm surprised you remember.

Drug addicts phail at lyfe.

You don't get addicted to weed. You don't die off weed. You don't automaticly kill people when you smoke weed. Get educated, please. The more you crit, the more it shows how much bull shit you have been spoon fed by others. If you want to know the ultimate effects of weed, you have to do it yourself. The high is different for everyone. I mean, do you really think this is the ultimate evil of society?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
You don't have to overdose with weed to feel its effects.

The answer is simple. Don't drive or operate heavy machinery when toking it up. It works for alcohol.

But weed? You can kill OTHERS if you do it.

...as you can with numerous other legal drugs.

But we're assuming that you don't abuse it.
Let's assume people who take Tylenol with normal doses intentions of its effects, and marijuana with normal doses and intentions and its effects.

Which one could make your thinking distorted enough to drive off the road and hit a senior citizen?

The answer is none of them.

You potheads should chill =3

Ah yes, the illogic that is Dogenzaka. "People that are not opposed to legalized marijuana are all potheads." With that logic, all Abolitionists were black slaves.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
The answer is simple. Don't drive or operate heavy machinery when toking it up. It works for alcohol.

No, because people still do it =P

"People that are not opposed to legalized marijuana are all potheads."

I was talking to the potheads, not their supporters :3

I smoke the stuff

Ahahahahahahaha.

I deeply apologize you guys, but, I simply don't have the patience to reply to all of your posts in quotes. Too bad.

Cid Highwind

The Captain
whoa, some people here need to relax for a little bit.

anyways, legalizing marijuana sounds good to me. i light up from time to time, and i have a good time with it. i know that i need to let it wear off before i drive or anything so i don't make a dumb car accident.

from my experience, smoking pot is pretty fun. it's really relaxing and everything a little more interesting. i don't see why people think it's so bad if people use it (if not talking about smoking and driving).

however, i don't think marijuana will be legalized. like dogen said, it's illegal to be drunk and drive, yet people still do it. it would be the same for weed, there's no denying that because we have many idiots in the world that would still do it. i'm sure if alcohol could be prohibited without the whole country going into a frenzy, it would be illegal.

w/e, getting drunk and smoking ftw!

Nechi

There's only one reason why marijuana will never be legalized. It's quite simple actually.

The government can't regulate or profit from the legalization of marijuana.

Why is that? It may have something to do with the fact that people can grow marijuana in their own backyards and closets. Okay, not 100% sure on the closet thing, but apparently all the cool cousins know how to grow weed in a closet with some steroid in a windex bottle. At least where I'm from.

Sure, legalizing the stuff would make it less of a hassle for everyone and be better for all in the end...but it won't happen. Cigarettes and Alcohol are legal because they are able to be regulated and profit can be made from it. Aside from the Prohibition Act, it's a great form of money making.

Why would the government make something that grants it a rather large sum of money illegal and turn around to make something that is nearly unprofitable legal? Since when did the government start caring about the well being of its people more than the amount of money they are making?

Oh and to be rather specific, I'm talking about the United States of America's government when I say to "the government".

king-DAVID

No, because people still do it =P

I was talking to the potheads, not their supporters :3

Ahahahahahahaha.

I deeply apologize you guys, but, I simply don't have the patience to reply to all of your posts in quotes. Too bad.

I'm sorry, but your logic makes no sense. Because according to you, both alcohol and weed impair your focus. And as you clearly stated in this quote, you said that people still abuse the substance and operate heavy machinery or w/e. So, why should alcohol be legal, and not weed? Or by that logic, let's make alcohol illegal too. You can't assume people will abuse it.

I also find it amusing how you are damn near stating as a fact that people will abuse weed. You keep saying how people will smoke and drive, smoke and kill somebody, etc. How about the fact that most people that smoke usually stay in their house. I don't know many weed users who smoke a blunt then go and say "Hey, let's hop in my car and go drive". Weed relaxes you and your mind. To the point where the last thing you wanna do is be driving around. Weed users would much rather stay and watch cartoons, play video games, or any other thing that doesn't require strenous excercise. In fact, I could find you statistics for people who are involved in car accidents because of alcohol. Can you do the same for weed? And if so, which would be higher?

You were talking to the potheads not their supporters eh? Why do you assume anybody here is a pothead. I haven't seen a single person say they smoke 10 blunts a day. In fact, all I've seen are people post about how they smoke from time to time. If we applied your logic, then a person who gets migrains often is a junkie becuase they use pills from time to time. Your attempts at belittling your opponents fall flat. Please, try to see it from a different perspective.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
So, why should alcohol be legal, and not weed? Or by that logic, let's make alcohol illegal too. You can't assume people will abuse it.

Go ahead.
I don't drink anyways.
I find alcoholics weak and pathetic anyways.

If you need alcohol, I find it quite pathetic.
If you need marijuana and its effects so much that you'd be willing to fight for its legality, then obviously it's not just some "fling" hobby you like every once in a while.

king-DAVID

Go ahead.
I don't drink anyways.
I find alcoholics weak and pathetic anyways.

If you need alcohol, I find it quite pathetic.
If you need marijuana and its effects so much that you'd be willing to fight for its legality, then obviously it's not just some "fling" hobby you like every once in a while.

This is your problem Dogenzaka, you assume that anybody who drinks, is automatically an alcoholic. And anyone who smokes weed, is a pothead. I drink whenever I go to a party, or a social gathering. Once there, I do not drink to get drunk or pass out. I have a few drinks and that is all. Does that make me an alcoholic? Of course not, seeing as how I do not party everyday. Same as a person who smokes. They smoke it once in a while, have their fun, and that's it.

Also have you heard the saying, "Fight for what you want, but die for what you need"? Noone here needs weed, which is why we are fighting for it. Not dying for it. I'm pretty sure that even if you weren't a hardcore gamer, if they outlawed video games, you would fight to legalize them. Even if you only played them from time to time. Despite the fact that you don't need them. Wanting/fighting for something to be legal, does not automatically make you a fiend for it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
This is your problem Dogenzaka, you assume that anybody who drinks, is automatically an alcoholic.
And anyone who smokes weed, is a pothead.

This is your problem, David.
Get some reading glasses.
Where did I assume people who drink are alcoholics?
Where did I assume everyone who smokes marijuana is a "pothead"?

Also have you heard the saying, "Fight for what you want, but die for what you need"?

Sounds like something that came from you.

. Even if you only played them from time to time. Despite the fact that you don't need them. Wanting/fighting for something to be legal, does not automatically make you a fiend for it.

I really don't care about the illegal/legalization of alcohol.
However, idiots saying "well if marijuana can't be legalized, than neither can pharmaceutical drugs" should get shot. People DO need pharmaceutical drugs you know.

Disluxia

Dogenzaka everytime you open your mouth and say something all it is is you assuming and insulting people acting like your so much smarter

everytime you referred to some who smokes pot or drinks alcohol. you mention the words pothead and alcoholic.

its honestly pathetic all your posts are you trying to sound intelligent or insult people. you dont even know what your talking about most of the time

the best part of this thread is seeing you get owned over and over. cause you dont even know anything about the subject

king-DAVID

This is your problem, David.
Get some reading glasses.
Where did I assume people who drink are alcoholics?
Where did I assume everyone who smokes marijuana is a "pothead"?

By calling anybody who smokes a pothead, and anybody who drinks an acloholic you are assuming they are. That is where you assumed. Seriously, don't play dumb. Or I wonder if you are actually playing. Everytime you refer to someone who smokes or drink, you refer to them as such. You never say, someone who smokes weed, or someone who drinks. Like I've said a million times before, smoking does not mean you are a pothead. In the same way that drinking does not mean you are an alcoholic.

That would be like me referring to religous folks as idiots, then saying, "Where did I assume people who are religious are idiots?".

Sounds like something that came from you.

It didn't. But if it did, would that make it any less valid? Would my point somehow change in anyway?

I really don't care about the illegal/legalization of alcohol.
However, idiots saying "well if marijuana can't be legalized, than neither can pharmaceutical drugs" should get shot. People DO need pharmaceutical drugs you know.

Some people need pharmaceutical drugs, I agree. Last time I checked, many doctors used Marijuana as a pharmaceutical drug. So, we now agree that some pople use both for medical purposes. They are equal in importance. So, why should one be legal, but the other shouldn't? Afterall, they are the same. Both can help you relieve pain, and they both have side effects. I see the hypocrisy, do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back