• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

A question for people.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

~{Mindless Insanity}~

When all else fails!
In a nameless city deluged by continuous rain...wh
I can't remember what this question is called and what the original names of the characterd were, but here it goes.

Your name is bob(just go along with it)and your wife is dieing. The only way you can save her is if you get this drug that this person name Bill has, but Bill is selling it at a very high price(let's say, 200 million dollars)and you can't afford it. Your wife has one day left to live and the only way to get the drug is to steal it. Would you break the law in order to save another persons(whom you love)life? Would you let yourself be put in jail to save the life, would you do what is deemed wrong be society to save someone? What would you do?

CK the Fat

Yes, I probably would try and steal the drug.

I have a feeling the situation is going to start getting modified though...

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
My name isn't Bob

I'm not married

Who's Bill

Remove your MySpace bulletins and yourself from intel, right now.

jazz16

I'm gonna answer this seriously. So... i would get a gun shoot the guy (but not kill him) and take the medine (along with a few extra bucks.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
I can't remember what this question is called and what the original names of the characterd were, but here it goes.

Your name is bob(just go along with it)and your wife is dieing. The only way you can save her is if you get this drug that this person name Bill has, but Bill is selling it at a very high price(let's say, 200 million dollars)and you can't afford it. Your wife has one day left to live and the only way to get the drug is to steal it. Would you break the law in order to save another persons(whom you love)life? Would you let yourself be put in jail to save the life, would you do what is deemed wrong be society to save someone? What would you do?

My wife cannot be "dieing." However, she may be "dying."

How old is my wife? If she is exceedingly elderly, I may think that she has enjoyed life and it is simply her time. If we are recently married or mid-life, I would believe she would still want to enjoy the rest of life.

Why does Bill have this drug? Why is the FDA not cracking down on him for it? Why is he the only one with the drug?

If my wife has this disease that renders her dead in 24 hours, I am assuming it is a very rare disease. What caused to Bill to research this particular disease and why is he manufacturing a drug with an EXTREMELY limited sales potential? Is he a financial retard?

Is Bill a highly intelligent man with a Ph.D in his field of study? Is Bill a licensed and practicing doctor with experience and no lawsuits of malpractice on his record? If not, I'm not sure I want drugs from him.

However, all of those questions aside, my answer is yes. Providing Bill lived close enough for me to go there, steal it and make it back in time to administer the drug to my wife, I would steal it. The penalty for stealing the drug used to save my wife would put me in jail for most likely a maximum of ten years or so. Given the state of the problem at hand and the sympathy most juries have with "The Little Guy" versus "Big Money", I would most likely receive a surprisingly lenient punishment for the theft of a $200,000,000 dollar medication. In all actuality, I could go to jail for only two years and get off with Good Behavior, presuming that I had meant to use this drug solely to save the life of a loved one.

Now then, presuming I am getting out of jail in the aforementioned time, my wife is not of a vastly elderly age and barring any subsequent illnesses, I can be out of prison in time to enjoy life with my loved one. Granted, the theft will always be with me, but a proper explanation can cause that. The press will make sre to widely broadcast the story of one man's battle with the law to save someone he loved. Sympathy goes a long way.

Last edited:

sealightbreeze

Bronze Member
I dunno....that is a hard choice to make. Stealing is wrong, but letting someone that you love die is wrong too....especially if you can save their life.... I do not know

CK the Fat

"Remove your MySpace bulletins and yourself from intel, right now."

Says the one whose post has nothing intelligent about it.

When you say you forget what the question is called, does that mean you know there is a specific name for this type of question? This question, and many others like it, are simply a balancing of morals.

~{Mindless Insanity}~

When all else fails!
In a nameless city deluged by continuous rain...wh
My wife cannot be "dieing." However, she may be "dying."

How old is my wife? If she is exceedingly elderly, I may think that she has enjoyed life and it is simply her time. If we are recently married or mid-life, I would believe she would still want to enjoy the rest of life.

Why does Bill have this drug? Why is the FDA not cracking down on him for it? Why is he the only one with the drug?

If my wife has this disease that renders her dead in 24 hours, I am assuming it is a very rare disease. What caused to Bill to research this particular disease and why is he manufacturing a drug with an EXTREMELY limited sales potential? Is he a financial retard?

Is Bill a highly intelligent man with a Ph.D in his field of study? Is Bill a licensed and practicing doctor with experience and no lawsuits of malpractice on his record? If not, I'm not sure I want drugs from him.

However, all of those questions aside, my answer is yes. Providing Bill lived close enough for me to go there, steal it and make it back in time to administer the drug to my wife, I would steal it. The penalty for stealing the drug used to save my wife would put me in jail for most likely a maximum of ten years or so. Given the state of the problem at hand and the sympathy most juries have with "The Little Guy" versus "Big Money", I would most likely receive a surprisingly lenient punishment for the theft of a $200,000,000 dollar medication. In all actuality, I could go to jail for only two years and get off with Good Behavior, presuming that I had meant to use this drug solely to save the life of a loved one.

Now then, presuming I am getting out of jail in the aforementioned time, my wife is not of a vastly elderly age and barring any subsequent illnesses, I can be out of prison in time to enjoy life with my loved one. Granted, the theft will always be with me, but a proper explanation can cause that. The press will make sre to widely broadcast the story of one man's battle with the law to save someone he loved. Sympathy goes a long way.
I love how you are being sarcastic about the whole thing! And yes, can be people just get over the fact that I am a bad speller.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Where did you get the notion I was being sarcastic? Those are very important questions and factors peopel need to think about should they be presented with a situation like this. The question you posed is full of possibilities, faults, technicalities, and "what-if?"s. I simply took a few of them into account.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
The point of asking a question is to have the question answered. By answering your question with many more, I successfully pointed out the various faults and problems with asking such a vague question. Again, the questions I posed are very important when deciding the course of action for the above scenario.

You asked what someone would do in such a case. I gave a lengthy answer. It was not beside the point.

Shadukai X

Banned

I believe this was a question to Aristotle from Plato, or the other way around.

I think it applies to the concept of "The end justifying the means". In which if you saved a life, but by stealing, it would be justified.

CK the Fat

Lol I knew the scenario would be changed around. A question like this is open, and therefore all speculation must be accepted as a possible scenario.

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
And the answer is that it depends on what needs to be done and what is opposing it.

=/ You don't understand the point of your own question. You want someone to give you a straight answer so you can alter the question and make them feel wrong. So you can feel good for about two seconds.

But you have to understand what you're asking first, kid. You've already been outsmarted, and this is going nowhere. Start making sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back