• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Red Steel = Horrible

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
It's one of the worst launch titles I've played so far... God I can't believe how bad this game is. I know the Wii is all about innovation (which Red Steel does to some degree) but the lack of a good story mode, good multiplayer and good anything kills it. Horrible graphics at most parts, horrible AI and generally cliche set-up.

The concept was nice but it falls flat on its face. I can't wait for Twilight Princess so I can actually ENJOY my Wii. Actually I lied. I'm loving Trama Center.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I haven't play but read reviews. On it, seems really bad.

I mean Gamespot give it a 5.5. To bad thats one game i was look forward to on the Wii.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yeah that's what I was expecting.

There's always room to improve for sequels. Perhaps there will be a sequel with much better graphics (considering 3rd parties have no idea wtf they're doing with the Wii hardware at this point) and online play.

Ubisoft got pwnd. They spent such a shtload of money making this game, yet it sucks hard.

Joe

Bronze Member
things like this pisses me off, other then TP this one of the games I was actually considering buying, but scratch that now

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I didn't really have high hopes for this game, it seemed cool in concept but I think it was poorly executed in the game itself, I wasn't planning on getting it

Shadukai X

Banned
I say some reviews, yeah, it looks bad, thank god TP is coming as a launch title, I'm just gonna get that

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD Trama Center and Zelda are doing it for me right now, I'm disappointed that we wont get a good shooter untill Metroid =(

S

Shadow Soldier

I knew this game was going to suck. Anything with a swords FP sucks. I agree with monkey, next shooter hopefully will be good will be Metroid. Also.. Id love to see F.E.A.R

S

Shadow Soldier

Its funny, that the game is called "Red Steel". But there is absolutly no blood in the game.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Uh-oh T_T i was planning on getting this Game, But Not so sure about it now >.> Guess I'll just have to rent it =/

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
I knew this game was going to suck. Anything with a swords FP sucks.
Don't forget Dark Messiah. It may be cool (impaling, kicking, beheading, etc), but you move (and look) like that one guy in Halo who keeps melee attacking the sky.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
=/ This game got a 3 out of 5 On X-Play <.< Not that Good, compared to all the other games X=X;

Americo

Dramatic Hearts Creator
Perhaps you just suck at it.
No. When added with the games HORRIBLE AI and just lame gameplay, it doesn't work. I'm not saying the controls are THAT bad, because they are interesting.

I love the fact that it takes a new spin on FPS but it just doesn't flow well. Aiming is a bit of a problem and to do something thinks, like thrusting the controller forward to zoom in, just clutters it up with complexity. The reason the game really fails is that it's just boring. The AI is pretty stupid and quick and accurate moves are hard to do. It's impossible to turn around in one fluid motion because of how the aiming works, it's just not as fun as it could have been. It sucks.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
No. When added with the games HORRIBLE AI and just lame gameplay, it doesn't work. I'm not saying the controls are THAT bad, because they are interesting.

I love the fact that it takes a new spin on FPS but it just doesn't flow well. Aiming is a bit of a problem and to do something thinks, like thrusting the controller forward to zoom in, just clutters it up with complexity. The reason the game really fails is that it's just boring. The AI is pretty stupid and quick and accurate moves are hard to do. It's impossible to turn around in one fluid motion because of how the aiming works, it's just not as fun as it could have been. It sucks.

It sounds as though a good deal of the problem could be fixed with a quick-turn button, one that would speed up your aim for quick turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back